Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using xbox 360 controller

ultra_KING

Question

So I decided to start using my controller to change things up a bit. I have a wireless one but it does have a wired charger I can use. I hooked that into my computer and my computer notified me that it downloaded my controller and my controller started charging. When I logged into the game I couldn't control my character with the controller. I checked the options for something that would turn it on but found nothing. I looked at the configurations and I scrolled through the options like 5 times but couldn't find anything. Still can't control my character with my controller how do I make it work?

8 answers to this question

Just now, Kintori said:

Have you tested the controller on any other game to make sure it's not the controllers fault?

I haven't it just crossed my mind to use the controller for pc games a few minutes ago. Warframe is first game I tried to use it on.

1 minute ago, ultra_KING said:

I haven't it just crossed my mind to use the controller for pc games a few minutes ago. Warframe is first game I tried to use it on.

You should probably test it out then. I know when I first hooked my wireless xbox controller up to the computer I had to tinker with the drivers and such to get it working right. Tested mine in Portal 2 when trying to get it working. After that, Warframe had no trouble picking it up automatically.

9 minutes ago, Kintori said:

You should probably test it out then. I know when I first hooked my wireless xbox controller up to the computer I had to tinker with the drivers and such to get it working right. Tested mine in Portal 2 when trying to get it working. After that, Warframe had no trouble picking it up automatically.

I just tried it on a game called Vindictus and it didn't work. The game even had a option specifically for a xbox 360 controller which I used and it did nothing. I guess the controller wasn't fully installed then? I assumed just getting the message that it was online was enough.

Just now, ultra_KING said:

I just tried it on a game called Vindictus and it didn't work. The game even had a option specifically for a xbox 360 controller which I used and it did nothing. I guess the controller wasn't fully installed then? I assumed just getting the message that it was online was enough.

10 minutes ago, Kintori said:

Ok so I looked over and noticed my controller was controlling my xbox instead of the computer. When I turned off my xbox my controller turned off as well. I guess I need to figure out how to switch over the controller?

Turn on PC.

You have a USB receiver plugged into PC, yes?

Turn on controller, not XBox - press 'XBox' button on controller till it lights up.

Then press the little button on the USB receiver, and the little button on the front of the controller - between the bumpers. (You may only have to press one of them, but I can't remember which)

Wait till flashing lights go solid.  Should work then.

Hope this helps.

The charging cable of a wireless 360 controller is not enough. (It just charge the controller and still control the 360)

You'll need an USB dongle thingy to make it work.

Edited by Xgomme