Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Still Complete "The New Strange?" [Specters Of The Rail]

reaper701

Question

So, recently I started "The New Strange." I had gotten up to the point where I had to "Craft Chroma Chassis." However, I now need to "Craft the Scorched Beacon," with the new "Specters of the Pillars" update. When I looked in my Foundry, there was no blueprint for a Scorched Beacon. I went and tried to talk to Cephalon Simaris, no luck. And, when finishing a mission, I did not get it.

Yeeeeeerp. I had already built chassis and helmet, then with the update after I completed derelict revisited (scan Chroma) I got the craft Chroma Mark part which I have neither Scorched or Signal for (or their blueprints if there are such). Quest dialogue refers to Simaris having a lead to follow but...?

Junction BPs are useless since they are only for the components: The actual Chroma BP still comes from this quest.

No clue.

Edited by Warrax

I got the same problem it say's in codex that i crafted the Scorched Beacon but i didnt and when i needed to craft Chroma Mark i can't cause i don't have the Scorched Beacon... I checked in Foundry nothing... help? 

Yeah just checked the same from Codex actually... Nothing about crafting the previous pieces, instead the beacon and signal which I didn't and don't have so stuck, stuck, stuck. Nice new bug. I hope DE fixes this soon @_@ Pretty &#! to get stuck just before completion of the quest. The Junction rewards make sense now, but uhhh... Kinda stupid change overall.

Why there's no Quest reset feature as safe guard overall if nothing else is beyond baffling, although the same can be said for making changes to old quests but not making sure they actually work.

Edited by Warrax

Though, anything related to this should be in the bug report forums (at:)

...At least they're working on it.

@ENGINEEEEER So when you activate/start the quest mission Simaris says nothing about there being a target to be scanned? Synthesis scanner doesn't show the traces around the map pointing towards the target?

I really hope the blueprints still drop as part of the quest.

The quest has been broken enough, on top of the buggy junctions and unaccessible missions due to invasions/alerts/syndicate, that guys like us who are midway through need something encouraging or at least clarity.

WTF? I still cant craft chroma mark, since i don't have that scorched beacon. Instead i now have been thrown straight to next phase of mission? I wouldn't call this a fix, because now i need to hunt components outside of mission.

Edited by Ryuurik