The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifier Change Opinion.

Kryogeneva

I absolutely detest this change. This seems like something aimed at people who like to taut themselves as 'good', who like to push 60 wave defense, and who ARE good. You forget that the majority of us are NOT 'good'. Nullifiers worked fine before, why the change? It only makes players struggling to enter nullifier-range content have an even harder time. When I came back, I was pissed they even existed, let alone scrambus/combas. They only appear when enemies can chew your shields and hp into QT territory with just a shot or two, so it makes an already precarious situation completely unmanageable.

I do have GOOD opinions about the update. Don't get me wrong. But this is a direction I do not personally like, and I felt the need to weigh in on this before the community just lays back and accepts it.

P.S. For all of you who enjoy this new challenge to your gameplay, right on. I love that there are good players. I, and many of my friends, do not even like nullifiers in the first place, and this change is something that makes them borderline impossible to deal with in certain situations(for me).

I do agree that Nullifiers still need a bit of work.

What's your problem with this? There doesn't seem to be any major change, only minor fixes (based on the patch notes since I haven't finished downloading).

Edited by Jangkrik
I'm an idiot for not reading the patch notes carefully. I misread that the bubble also disables eximus aura (how silly).

They aren't exactly difficult to really deal with honestly, most frames have ways to avoid or negate the damage from their lankas while you chip their bubble away and a decent rate gun can destroy their bubbles very quickly. The changes honestly didn't change very much, the only "Oh crap" change that actually makes a decent impact is the fact that Nullifiers now remove power instances such as snow globe.

Imparing players by removing their powers is not something that should be used casually. Not to mention that nullies spawn frequently, their bubbles go through walls, and we have very few means to break the bubble. I'm not against a design similar to nullifier, like a corpus shield crewan, but what we have now is just a niusance. Combas do a much better job at removing powers because there is a good way to counter them. There is hardly a good way to counter nullies. And now with the void tears they also spawn on top of you, giving you virtually no time to react.

If nullifiers are here to stay they should be much, much less frequent and maybe even become sort of a mini-boss, with some new abilities besides their bubbles; right now they just diminish gameplay.