The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update failed tried everywhere lost hope now :( [1st time I've thought of quitting my favorite game]

Being in the worst 3rd world country sucks &#!! when I saw the update is 4gb+ I immediately went out to an internet cafe with fast internet connection because home internet download is S#&$ty(175-250kbps on warframe client). It was downloading fine on a cafe at 1-6mbps fluctuating but as it went closer to getting finished it keeps update failing over and over. Tried verifying multiple times, optimizing a few times, ticking/unticking bulk and aggressive download multiple times and it's still update failing. So I decided to just reopening every time it fails it downloads at least 200mb before it fails again then after finally reaching 99%(30mb left) my strategy didn't work anymore it doesn't move from 30mb left now and just update failed.

I gave up and verify steam cache and bam "you now need to download 11 fkng gb" gg I just went home and downloaded it despite my S#&$ty internet and went to sleep. I wake up and it's on update failed screen. It's failing occasionally now it's at 1.6mb left to download and it's failing every 200mb now I see where this is going again.

I was wondering back then if there's a time I would be on a long hiatus or quitting Warframe like other online games I've played and I thought "nah" this game is too interesting and awesome that there will be no reason for me to take a long hiatus because it never bored me once. It's always interesting and plenty of stuff to do even times when there's nothing to do I love sitting on market and making plat :D. I started late U10 and boy this is the best MMO I've played in my entire life. Warframe has become a part of my life. I can't explain how addicted to it because I don't express well since english is not my native language. This update is the 1st time I've thought of quitting for Warframe for a while. I can't believe I'm gonna miss the whole War Within story but being in a 3rd world country is hindering my Warframe experience, the connection is bearable but the update failure is like a nail to the coffin now.

Thanks Digital Extremes for letting me play the best online game ever. You guys have been a part of my life. See ya Warframe! I will miss you <3 T_T

To all the friends and people I've met and taught and to the people that liked my ideas and suggestions it has been nice meeting and talking to you.

I don't want to give the impression of telling you what you should or shouldn't do, but stopping a game just because you can't download the latest update who just aired and that have been a little rushed,so people can have it before a major community event, and that will have ton of fixes/updates/hotfixes ?

I totally don't understand, it just seems you're tired of the game.

2 hours ago, QuietBiro said:

It's stupid to say, but check if you have excess free space. The game seems to be downloading and unpacking the patch at the same time, so it needs more free space than the 4GB that the patch is. 

plenty of free space just in case you think I don't have space left