Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember and Volt Prime abilities

Shyshac

Question

Alright. I've been playing for a while. I'm mastery rank 19. But I have two really stupid, noob-esque questions to ask regarding two powers.

1. To settle an argument, Ember Prime's accelerant needs to be recast to cover unaffected enemies to get the fire/heat damage buff. The duration is how long it lasts on affected enemies and not a duration where it auto-applies to unaffected enemies that enter your range correct?

2. I, for the life of me, can't seem to get volt prime's new ult down. It looks like the damage is determined by how much distance he has covered  but I have no idea. Would someone mind explaining?

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Yoshiro_Dokuganryu said:

1. To settle an argument, Ember Prime's accelerant needs to be recast to cover unaffected enemies to get the fire/heat damage buff. The duration is how long it lasts on affected enemies and not a duration where it auto-applies to unaffected enemies that enter your range correct?

Accelerant is not an aura and won't debuff any enemies that weren't initially hit by it. However, it has a self-buff effect of speeding up your power's animations, causing them to activate faster. This has been buggy in the past, but it seems to be functioning properly now. Like Natural Talent, having your cast sped up impacts even your focus power.

So the duration on Accelerant is how long enemies are debuffed by, and how long your cast speed buff will remain.

1 hour ago, Yoshiro_Dokuganryu said:

2. I, for the life of me, can't seem to get volt prime's new ult down. It looks like the damage is determined by how much distance he has covered  but I have no idea. Would someone mind explaining?

Volt's passive, Static Discharge, will add electric damage to the next attack you do as you travel along the ground, up to 1000. This extends to all attacks, from powers to gunshots and melee swings.

Volt's 4, Discharge, is an AoE damage and stun. An effected enemy will become stunned and zap nearby enemies like a tesla coil until the power has dealt its full damage (default 4000), or the duration has expired. The closer enemies are together, the more they will damage each other.

Corpus and Infested can't really resist the electricity, so Discharge will typically deal its full damage on a clustered group, resulting in higher DPS, but a shorter stun. Grineer will heavily resist the electricity because of their armor, so even a densely packed group will likely not receive the full damage, but will be stunned for the full duration of the power.

This has resulted in Discharge doing far more damage and being much more reliable than Overload ever was, also making the Capacitance augment for Discharge very effective at granting overshields.

You should check out the Wiki pages, I'm not 100% sure I got your question regarding Volt quite right because it seems a bit weird, but wiki expains how the damage works pretty much: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Volt

The Ember question is also bizarre. You say you have to recast it to affect previously unaffected enemies, and the other half of the question says that enemies that enter the range later get affected by it. WTF?