Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slova Harassers?

Yorgy

Question

I hope this is the right place to put this cause I could use a hand. 

My wife and I have been playing warframe since U6 and we've both loved it. Though there seems to be a new trend growing when it comes to grinding. I've been gaming since I was young so I know the tedious nature that is grinding/farming for things. 

Anyways, she LOVES Nova, she has loved that frame since it's release and upgraded to Prime. Then one day she was on a Sortie and someone gave her crap over being a "slova", while I get Speed Nova is a thing for the Draco Farmers who don't actually want to play, But I don't think calling another player $&*&*#(%& because her build is not what you want it to be is good. It's become such an issue for her she barely uses the frame she loves the most. And when she does some jerk is spamming the chat complaining that she "isn't playing the frame right" or "Learn to speed nova". Now it seems that the only Nova to play is Speed Nova which makes it not overly fun for someone who doesn't want to do that sort of build. 

Then a player told her to kill herself because she refused to be a Speed Nova during a sortie. 

Long and short of it, could DE like... kill Speed Nova? 

Maybe I'm just being a butthurt husband over it, dunno... but... yeah it really sucks when a game you have loved since it was Open Beta has turned into a place when people can't play how they choose to play their frames, course that's the nature of online play, A******s abound. 

3 answers to this question

Your approach doesn't make sense to me.

If you're in favor of people playing how they like, then why would you ask to get rid of the playstyle all the other Nova players enjoy?

If you're willing to white knight for your wife on the forums, why not just white knight for her in real life and in pugs. Tell her she can play how she likes and anyone who doesn't like it can go to hell.

I agree with both rapt0rman and VKhaun.  Both you and your wife should ignore (using the in-game ignore feature) anyone who harasses you for not having their ideal build on your warframe (if I'm not mistaken, the matchmaking system won't randomly pair you up with people on your ignore list), and it would seem to me that reporting is more than appropriate for a bullying player that suggests someone should commit suicide.

But I am against removing the "speed nova" option altogether, having the dev's cramp that particular playstyle because it's not to your liking seems about as viable as removing the "slova" option because lovers of speed nova get their knickers in a twist about it... neither seems a good solution in the greater scheme of things.

Edit:  Insisting on Speed Nova on sorties?  I guess some people are truly masochistic...

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre