Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Grineer Sounds

Neuhnee

ROFL. At first i couldn't figure out what it was, I was in a room with a window I'd blown out and for a minute i thought one of the new Grin death sounds was supposed to be air leaking from the quick patch job.

UUUUUURRRRRRRRAAAAOOOOOOOGHHHHH. They sound like the Golem talking to you. Maybe there was a glitch and the new sounds were supposed to be Infested. They wouldn't be too out of place there, but they're just hilarious as Grineer sounds.

The new Grineer death groans, if to borrow from southpark, sound like a dying Giraffe (or some sort of dinosaur).

While in theme with the Grineer being an inhuman race of cybernetic 'freaks', these sound bites rend focus from the game and turn the Grineer onto a cartoon-esque grotesque that is a laughing stock rather than be taken seriously.

I personally find this to rather breaks the immersion substantially.

Best Regards,

I just came on here to say the same thing. I have no idea what they were thinking with this new sound set for them. The Corpus new sounds were fine, though, from my recollection.

Please, change the Grineer back. They're humanoid and they should sound like it.

The slow motion cryo death should be removed outright. It's simply pitch-shifted. It sounds sloppy; everyone knows what pitch-shifted audio sounds like, and it's glaring when you hear it.

Agreed. Besides, the frost elemental offers so much utility you want it on all your weapons so it's not like you can just 'not use frost elemental if you don't like the sounds'. You'd lose the slowing effect, the +dmg to shields, and the chance that a body could shatter and get out of your way (poor man's penetrate).

Oh jeez. I'm so sick of Grineers. They sound exactly like orcs from Skyrim and even Bethesda lampshaded their lack of variety in voices when they realised it. I'd love for some better editing to be done on the clips. I understand they're clone-degenerated humans but that doesn't mean they should all have exactly the same lines and voices. Maybe edit a few animalistic qualities to a few lines, boost the lower frequencies and make them sound vicious rather than just... disgruntled. Variety though, please.

I'd also really love to hear them give some more banter when they're not on alert. I guess clone humour boils down to bad yo mama jokes, which is interesting when I'd assume they often have the same or no mother due to cloning... (who are they even talking to, are they doing that over comms? What a time to be alive.)

On slowdowns, I don't know how the cold would cause a slowdown like that. If anything it should just be cut up lines with some pain added, right? I mean time isn't actually slowing down for the NPCs, just their game movements and stuff. I understand its getting removed, just wondering if anything could replace that.

Oh jeez. I'm so sick of Grineers. They sound exactly like orcs from Skyrim and even Bethesda lampshaded their lack of variety in voices when they realised it. I'd love for some better editing to be done on the clips. I understand they're clone-degenerated humans but that doesn't mean they should all have exactly the same lines and voices. Maybe edit a few animalistic qualities to a few lines, boost the lower frequencies and make them sound vicious rather than just... disgruntled. Variety though, please.

I'd also really love to hear them give some more banter when they're not on alert. I guess clone humour boils down to bad yo mama jokes, which is interesting when I'd assume they often have the same or no mother due to cloning... (who are they even talking to, are they doing that over comms? What a time to be alive.)

On slowdowns, I don't know how the cold would cause a slowdown like that. If anything it should just be cut up lines with some pain added, right? I mean time isn't actually slowing down for the NPCs, just their game movements and stuff. I understand its getting removed, just wondering if anything could replace that.

Yo Mama jokes among an entirely clone race is an example of wit and intelligence actually, so yes, I imagine jokes like that would be used a lot.

They took me compleatly by surprise when I first heard them, and not in a good way. But now that i've played with them for a while, I think I'm actualy going to miss the Grineer's slow mo 'nnnnnooooo'. Maybe we could keep just the one as sort of an in joke for those of us who played through this? The best developments are often happy accidents!