The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

New Star Chart performance issue

MillbrookWest

Not too sure how to phrase this, the framerates recorded are perfectly playable, not trying to point that out, but i would like to point out the performance delta from merely opening the new Star Chart. I'm unsure how others observe this on their individual systems, but on my system, the impact is comparatively massive. I assume others would observe something similar?

Additionally, there is a bit of stuttering going on that is annoying however. You can see it, as well as the frame-rates, in the video below. 

Kudos to the team on the new Star Chart btw. Looks fantastic, and im really liking how it tells a little bit of story as you follow those strands through the solar system!

System Specs if needed:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX 8320 4.2GHz (OC)
GPU: GTX 970 (GTX 660 Physx Card)
SSD: Samsung Evo (maybe pro, i forget)

Drivers all up to date.

Yes the same thing with me, before the update, i could run Warframe on max with 40-50 fps, now i run this same @(*()$ game on everything on low with 10 - 30 fps ... Not only on map, but on missions and even staying still on the ship i get S#&$ performance,THANKS DE

Edited by Storm0Hawk

1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

FYI Specters of the Rail: Hotfix 8 includes substantial performance improvements to the Star Chart.
So the next time you update your game you should hopefully notice a difference.

Well this hotfix gave me a slightly better performance... Well at least i can play now with all on low, i hope more performance fix come in, but thanks for the good work!

I like how i turned my graphics settings to High and now i getting 5 more fps than before... What the F***?
EDIT1: I just turned Direct x 11 on in my note and now the game is running with 60- 70 fps with everything on high... WHAT KIND OF BLACK MAGIC ARE YOU DOING DE?, because i love it :3 Thanks! 
dLfPsSw.png?1

Edited by Storm0Hawk