Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relays

HugeNob

Question

7 answers to this question

Each platform has access to a different set of relays due to the event from a prior update (Operation Eyes of Blight, Update 15.8, December 2014). The Balor Fomorians that show up from time to time as an alert now were a massive event in a prior update, attacking every planet simultaneously, and they were a lot stronger and required more coordination to fight than the alert versions. If the Balor Fomorian was not defeated in time, the relay at that planet was destroyed in that platform's "universe". 

They have added all of the relays to the map in the new starchart, but only the ones that each platform defended will be accessible. As one of the other posters mentioned, they are locked successively by mastery rank as well. For PC, we have Larunda on Mercury which has no requirement, Kronia on Saturn which is MR4 and Orcus on Pluto which is MR8. 

It was hypothesized after people realized the specifics of the event on PC that each of the console platforms should strategically sacrifice the upper relays and defend the lower ones, but in actuality it didn't work out that way. Each platform has one MR0 relay, one MR4 relay, and one MR8 relay, but they are all different. 

The wiki article for the relays does indicate there was previous discussion about the possibility of rebuilding the relays in the future, so that may be why they are all on the startchart now. 

If you happen to be a lore and/or mythology geek, this event was spot on for that. Balor was the king of the Fomorians, whose cycloptic eye would cause great destruction to anything upon which he gazed. The event prior to Eyes of Blight (in July 2013) that destroyed Vay Hek's fleet of Fomorians was called Operation Sling-Stone. XD

The video I posted earlier of Strata Relay's destruction, by now Maroo's Bazaar has presumably been rebuild from the Strata Relay debris, it would explain why it's essentially a relay with less access and missing features that all intact relays do have.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

3 hours ago, Artorius-Alter said:

The video I posted earlier of Strata Relay's destruction, by now Maroo's Bazaar has presumably been rebuild from the Strata Relay debris, it would explain why it's essentially a relay with less access and missing features that all intact relays do have.

Do the consoles have Maroo's Bazaar? One of the consoles defended Strata successfully, so I am curious if they have both, since the Strata relay has no MR lock and has Guides of the Lotus present... 

If not, that's certainly a very valid hypothesis towards the theory of allowing them to be rebuilt and that they would have memorials to different Tenno and/or Warframes in various form or fashion on them. 

Alright thanks for clearing this up for me. Think i should be able to go on all relays or is the something that requires higher than MR12? (seems like it was already answered above)

Edited by HugeNob