Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept + Weapon Concept] Dolofonos, the Sniper Warframe --- Samniyama, Tenno Anti Material Rifle

Hayabusa97

Sorry for the wordy title, this is an idea I came up with while building the Rubico and I realised that outside of Ivara and Banshee (former due to Prowl headshot bonus, latter because of Sonar damage boosts), we don't have a dedicated Sniper Warframe (the weapon I came up with is a bonus) so I decided to come up with one myself.

Before I start, I'm gonna let you know I'm terrible at story writing and measuring min max values so I'll leave the lore up to someone else

WARFRAME

Spoiler

Dolofonos is Greek for Assassin.

This warframe is designed to be a glass cannon, capable of dolling out extreme damage and moving quite fast but unable to take hits very well. Her abilities center around taking out enemies with one shot while trying to avoid being spotted

• Health: 50 (150)
  • Shield: 75 (225)
  • Armor: 15
  • Power: 175 (262.5)
  • Sprint: 1.30

Passive - Extra munitions: Maximum Ammo and ammo drops are doubled

Role: Stealth/Utility/Damage

Ability List

1. Zero Shot: The next round fired will inflict 2x-4x damage including crit damage,
  2. Hunter Vision: Highlights all enemies in your FOV for 25-50 seconds, the area with the highest damage multiplier is highlighted in red, normal is highlighted yellow, reduced is highlighted white. Red areas are always red crits, Yellow areas are always normal crits, White areas will never crit even with 100% crit chance.
  3. Ghost Walk: Cloaks for as long as you have energy, Energy depletion increases greatly when you move around, Sniper damage is greatly increased while cloaked, Sniper and Pistol weapons are silenced
  4. Advanced Munitions: A temporary buff that increases the effectiveness of everyone's weapons, increasing weapon stability, accuracy, damage, crit Chance, crit damage, Proc Chance, and gives shots a small chance to ignore armor.

Pros

• Extreme Damage
  • Extreme Mobility
  • Cloaking
  • Buffing capabilities
  • Rewards accuracy

Cons

• Very low durability
  • Only really effective with Sniper Weapons
  • Lacks any press x to win (the damage boosts require you to aim your shot for the kill)
  • Not good with Crowds (that's what the help is for) unless they are all lined up
  • Energy Reliant

WEAPON

Spoiler

Saminyama is Sanskrit for Precision.

This is a Heavy Sniper that is designed for punching through incredibly dense material to hit the target within, it is capable of ignoring up to 50% of enemy armor

• Type: Projectile
  • Damage: 750
    • Impact: 25
    • Puncture: 700
    • Slash: 25
  • Accuracy: 100
  • Rate of Fire: 0.7
  • Crit Chance: 35%
  • Crit Damage: 2.5x
  • Proc Chance: 2.5%
  • Magazine: 5
  • Reload: 3.5
  • Trigger: Bolt Action
  • Polarity: V and Dash
  • Zoom Multipliers: 4x 8x 12x
  • Zoom Bonus: +25% Crit Damage +40% Crit Damage +55% Crit Damage
  • Shot Combo Reset: 3
  • Shot Combo Minimum: 1
  • Punch Through: 10m
  • Mastery Rank: 9

Pros

• Immense Damage
  • Great Crits
  • Immense Punch Through
  • Low Shot Combow Start
  • Great Accuracy

Cons

• Very low fire rate
  • Short Reset
  • Low Proc
  • Projectile means leading shots
  • Unwieldy at close range

So yeah, I dunno if all this is balanced or not since they can deal stupid high damage, but I feel like the drawbacks reign them in.

Also, how long will it take before we run out of cool sounding Latin, Sanskrit, Japanese, German, and Spanish words?

Change list so far

• Sniper damage reduced from 1250 to 750
  • Sniper reload time increased from 2.5 to 3.5
  • Proposed Mastery rank req for sniper increased from 8 to 9
  • Decreased Sniper Armor ignoring from 75% to 50%
  • Changed 3rd ability to suppress Sniper and Pistol weapons
  • Changed passive from silencing all weapons to doubling ammo supply and drops
  • Changed wording on First ability
Edited by Hayabusa97
Read change list

I suggest you change the first ability from "Next Sniper round deals 2-4x damage" to "next bullet shot deals 2-4x damage" because having an ability that /only/ works if you have a sniper is a bit on the poor design side, but that's just me nitpicking.

On 7/14/2016 at 6:23 AM, Fluttershy_I said:

I suggest you change the first ability from "Next Sniper round deals 2-4x damage" to "next bullet shot deals 2-4x damage" because having an ability that /only/ works if you have a sniper is a bit on the poor design side, but that's just me nitpicking.

Made the change