Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mandatory Juncture Quests

Berserkerkitten

I didn't want to play The New Strange back in the day and took the platinum shortcut. I just didn't like the idea of having to get a bunch of scanners, scanning stuff, crafting stuff, waiting for stuff to finish crafting, it's all a bit tedious. Yes, I'm a horrible person.

Now I have to do exactly that in order to complete one of the junction requirements. I know it's not a big deal, I suppose I can just ignore that junction, since all the planets are open to me anyway, but this is a bit annoying. I don't want to craft another Chroma. I'm happy with the one I have. I wanna kill stuff, not run around and analyze it. Before SotR I could choose to ignore that quest and only miss out on a bit of story I could always watch on Youtube. Now there's a junction and the mastery attached to it.

I'm sure lots of people will disagree with me here, but as a lazy person, who finds some of the quests you only play in order to unlock certain frames boring and tedious and I wish I didn't have to do them as junction requirements.

6 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I didn't want to play The New Strange back in the day and took the platinum shortcut. I just didn't like the idea of having to get a bunch of scanners, scanning stuff, crafting stuff, waiting for stuff to finish crafting, it's all a bit tedious. Yes, I'm a horrible person.

Now I have to do exactly that in order to complete one of the junction requirements. I know it's not a big deal, I suppose I can just ignore that junction, since all the planets are open to me anyway, but this is a bit annoying. I don't want to craft another Chroma. I'm happy with the one I have. I wanna kill stuff, not run around and analyze it. Before SotR I could choose to ignore that quest and only miss out on a bit of story I could always watch on Youtube. Now there's a junction and the mastery attached to it.

I'm sure lots of people will disagree with me here, but as a lazy person, who finds some of the quests you only play in order to unlock certain frames boring and tedious and I wish I didn't have to do them as junction requirements.

The New Strange doesn't involve crafting Chroma anymore. You get Chroma from unlocking junctions.

Just now, Gelkor said:

The New Strange doesn't involve crafting Chroma anymore. You get Chroma from unlocking junctions.

So all I have to do is scan those guys and not literally spend days crafting stuff I already have?
Man, thanks for taking the time to let me know! Guess that makes this thread obsolete. ♥

1 minute ago, JohnnyQuantum said:

Not having done it, what is the point of the quest? (For those that have already unlocked the next planet.)

Pre-sentient teaser lore.  It also may be the introduction to Derelicts for new players, near as I can tell.