Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request For 24H Live Stream Alerts, Please.

Loswaith

Being a player of Warframe and living in Australia/ New Zealand, these alerts are often missed by us that work office hours.

Typically speaking the live stream occurs 02:00 (2am) - 06:00 (6am) on a thursday morning for us.  This isnt so much a problem, as we can catch the youtube if we miss it. 

However it means that the 12 hour Livestream awards will end at the 15:00 (3pm) - 19:00 (7pm) mark (assuming the hour for the live stream), anyone working office hours (even some tradesman hours, pending region) are not likely to be able to catch the livestream awards either.

Given livestreams are always done in the middle of the week, there is a good chance that we rarely get any oppertunity to get these.  This is likely not just an issue for us but for anyone with work scheduals that fall into that window.

I'd request that these be made 24 hour so anyone has a chance to access them.  While at 24 hours, there will be occasionally they will be missed to other engagements but simply no chance to get them.  We dont all have work hours that are able to be flexable to jugle for the awards.

Edited by Loswaith

The word "Alert" implements that there is just a certain time frame. Making them 24 hours is just hilarious....

why so biased? a 12h triggered alert by the devs isn't rly an alert

asking for 24h alert is totally legit

Edited by SeiraSunmin

The word "Alert" implements that there is just a certain time frame. Making them 24 hours is just hilarious....

Let's see you say that again if they make it the other 12 hours. What other 12 hours? Oh wait, there's players in other timezones around the world? No way!

Where is the downvote button when people like you show up?

Also, it seems likely that I'll miss this double potato because the updater chose today to start failing on me. Don't release updates/fixes (urgent, hotfixes are acceptable ofc) on livestream potatos in the future, please.

Edited by PaperAlien

I tend to agree on this one....this is not a typical alert, but a triggered one by DE. I live in SoCal so this isn't an issue for me, but I see where this would alienate unnecessarily people on the other side of the planet.

I'm actually happy enough with the other alerts, as they can turn up any time so sometimes we miss out sometimes others do.  It's equal across all time zones that we can and cant miss them.  I'm not asking for those to be changed, purely the ones that they manually add as a bonus for the live stream.

I live in Vietnam and I stay up to 1 am in the morning to watch the stream, then do the alerts at about 3am to 3:30am.

I feel fine, don't be a little cissy.

PS: Btw the special alerts are a special feature of the live stream, it should be around that much at the live stream time. And if everyone gets easy potatos few times a month. Wouldn't it be too easy?

Edited by The_Markie

I live in Vietnam and I stay up to 1 am in the morning to watch the stream, then do the alerts at about 3am to 3:30am.

PS: Btw the special alerts are a special feature of the live stream, it should be around that much at the live stream time. And if everyone gets easy potatos few times a month. Wouldn't it be too easy?

Nobody's being a sissy (or 'cissy' for that matter).  We are, however, living normal lives, going to jobs, etc, and can't screw up our sleeping habits and such for a live-stream event.  If you can, that's lucky for you.

For those of us with normal jobs and such it's cruel to give some the opportunity for a live-stream event special Alert, but deny it to others from different time-zones.  Right now most people in the 'right' timezones do get easy potatoes or such a few times a month, while those in other timezones are unable to.  But the relative ease or difficulty is not the issue in the slightest - the equal opportunity for players in all timezones is the issue.

Normal ? Alerts pop up at all hours of the day.  Essentially that's fair for all players in all timezones (though, anecdotally, not 100% fair, since certain times of day seem to have long periods without Alerts, but that's another issue for another thread).  Loswaith (and the large number of fair-minded people who have agreed) was just arguing for a similar fairness to be applied to Live-stream event special Alerts.  That's not being a sissy, and it's not asking for anything to be, "too easy"; it's just asking for fairness and equality for all players in all timezones.

Omniparlous.

Your post is just ignorant. Some of us are working 10 hour jobs.

Hi

I life in Germany and I totally agree, because the livestram started here at 20.00 (8pm) and ended around 21.30 (9.30pm). Because I dindn't know when the stream would end I quitted watching at 21.15 (there are things like school and stuff like this). So I missed the alert mission because of 15 minutes.

Anyway with 24h alerts everybody arround the earth would have the same chances to get the reward (an alternate way would be to adapt the alert starts to the different time zones) and this would be fair because I helped to brake the 10k mark too. So Solidarity?

Mfg

Sanguinius1111   

Edited by Sanguinius1111

Being a player of Warframe and living in Australia/ New Zealand, these alerts are often missed by us that work office hours.

Typically speaking the live stream occurs 02:00 (2am) - 06:00 (6am) on a thursday morning for us.  This isnt so much a problem, as we can catch the youtube if we miss it. 

However it means that the 12 hour Livestream awards will end at the 15:00 (3pm) - 19:00 (7pm) mark (assuming the hour for the live stream), anyone working office hours (even some tradesman hours, pending region) are not likely to be able to catch the livestream awards either.

Given livestreams are always done in the middle of the week, there is a good chance that we rarely get any oppertunity to get these.  This is likely not just an issue for us but for anyone with work scheduals that fall into that window.

I'd request that these be made 24 hour so anyone has a chance to access them.  While at 24 hours, there will be occasionally they will be missed to other engagements but simply no chance to get them.  We dont all have work hours that are able to be flexable to jugle for the awards.

Agree completely as a player from Hong Kong! it start at 2 AM for use too i think. 

Hey man, I'm in the same situation as these people too, I have school all day long and the stream is at 1am in the morning, thursday morning.

wow yes you have school, other people have to work and they can't just go back home to play some warframe at lunch,

(I've got enough freedom, so it doesn't entirely affect me)

people need enough rest to do a good job, it's not like some people can stay up to 1-3am and wake to do the alerts. and no 24h wouldn't harm ANYONE not even DE, tbf DE can only profit from it, people see ah DE walks towards us and is offering an open hand, hey let's support them too, and so they willr ather buy plat, 12h alerts and especially at work time is simply frustrating

and getting frustration in a game, (and a game is supposed to be fun) is rly bad since you can't turn that frustration around and make it fun (strong boss that kills you? satisfcation if you finally can kill him, and you have many tries whenever you want unlike potatoes, these are simply random and if there's a dev triggered alert and you can't do it because you have to work, it's a bigger frustration)