Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grappling Hooks

Strac_CRO

Im sure they'll make grappling hooks use energy, or a timer, or limit them somehow. Its mostly to help get to areas we couldnt before. Im actually looking forward to grappling hooks as it will open up new limits to level design and gameplay.

They could also make it like in lost planet1/2, where you have a range of 4-5 meters and not more, so you cant go everywhere of fly across rooms, you would also not be able to reach location far away. It would be cool feature that you could hang yourself at the ceiling and shoot from there, then by pressing hook button again you release the hook and fall. maybe hook could be used to stagger an enemy with it without dealing damage too. Hope it will be released as artifact/mod (though im not sure how upgrades would look: maybe range or energy cost? reduced cooldown?)

"grappling hooks" are a terrible idea.

Once it gets introduced nobody will use run/walk again.

Warframes will be flying across the rooms like Superman.

DE_member who thought of that should be slapped across the face.

I am for grappling hooks. I want to be Spiderman FTW

I am for grappling hooks. I want to be Spiderman FTW

Nice, it will make team even more "dispersed" without the need of players acting like a group (together with few extra lives in a "pocket").

They say this game is coop but it's usually just players playing the same mission at the same time without any real need for "coop thinking", only in defense missions someone always needs to keep an eye on the cryopod while others are looting the level.

Some warframes have useful abilities for quickly changing place in the room or similar when need, like the situation when you need to revive someone and quickly clear the area around the cryopod (pull, switch teleport, even iron-skin or slash-dash).

And it was cool trying to trick level designer by parkour-reaching places that are allegedly unreachable.

And now we will have a cheap-trick cheap-gameplay-design flying.

*facepalm at DE*

Edited by Strac_CRO

I don't mind about it since it'd be a boon for ninjas with wallrunning deficiency syndrome. Moreover, it could add a lot of interesting gameplay involving this mechanic. The only thing that is going to be a problem is Mag's pull which Scott has already been revising.

- get to high place fast.

- drag enemy into your melee range. Or pull yourself toward bigger target.

- silent kill by hanging, similar to Batman or Assassin's creed.

- replacing skill that you don't use.

As for teamwork, I don't see the addition of grappling hook as a problem since combat design needs to be more coop-centric anyway. It needs a lot of fixes to encourage teamwork.

The grapple needs to have a special co-op combo where if you attach two hooks to an enemy from opposite sides it would tear them apart.

I'm specifically thinking heavy unit insta-kills (ancients). It would be balanced imho since you are probably immobile while performing the grapple and you need two people to stop shooting other things to focus on one target.

Well thats at least what I imagine would be cool.

Also I hope it has no ability to pull enemies at all but rather pulls the player towards the enemies, essentially a melee gap-closer.

The grapple needs to have a special co-op combo where if you attach two hooks to an enemy from opposite sides it would tear them apart.

I'm specifically thinking heavy unit insta-kills (ancients). It would be balanced imho since you are probably immobile while performing the grapple and you need two people to stop shooting other things to focus on one target.

Well thats at least what I imagine would be cool.

Also I hope it has no ability to pull enemies at all but rather pulls the player towards the enemies, essentially a melee gap-closer.

NO NO NO then it will be too OP for instant kills... I liek the old fashion way

Or it could just cost stamina so when you run out you just stop flying that makes sense to me. It would be just like wall running. And it wouldn't pull them to you, you would get pulled to them. (grappling hooks pull "you" to get to hard to reach places).

Edited by itzbeast11

Personally, I'd like to see this be a melee weapon equivalent of the Grineer Scorpion's hook. A mod just seems too counter intuitive towards the work being done to make every suit have abilities that are worth a damn...

Why do people, the Devs included, think anything cool in the game needs to be a mod? The mod system is so chock full of garbage right now, and what good comes from it is almost needed for some suits... Such a waste of potential to add more customization to our beloved space ninjas with other options ASIDE from mods... I mean, it's not like we're not walking around in biotechnical battle suits that probably have access to a multitude of technologies...

People need to chill with "oh it will ruin co op" "people will look stupid" Here's the thing, it's their choice.You can crouch up and down and look like a buffoon dancing to the music of slaughter but we don't take away crouch spamming do we ? No cause it's fun to screw around and look dumb that's what makes video games fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun you have the choice of laughing as you kill enemies the most bs way like switch tping them into fire or pulling them with you as you jump off a ledge (doesn't kill them i think but it's fun) people need to get the stick out o their bums and let people have their fun long as it doesn't affect the others play-style "they'll be zooming around like superman" and laughing and having fun while at it while you sit their spamming the forums of how much you don't want to see them do that instead of just picking who you play with.

I support the ever living hell out of this idea I want more silly ways to do things in warframe make it more fun for casual players even though i don't really think i fall into that category.

Main point is just chill and stop taking video games too seriously if you don't like something don't use it and if others using it bothers you don't play with randoms.The game shouldn't be adjusted because you have issues with people having fun with new toys that (shouldn't) affect your play style.

Now I won't deny this will affect some warframes skills and if so I'm sure DE will rework them I think they said they're reworking ashes tp would make since if they're doing the same with super jump and pull maybe switch tp also.

It's not even implemented yet let's all see how it works first I hope I CAN fly around like superman then slice some dude in half while i fly past him like spiderman on cocaine but if that's not the case so be it i just think it'd be fun.