Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Dark Sectors Should Be A Top Priority After The War Within

Sitchrea

Advertisements, marketing, and best friends trying to get you to play say Warframe is a game about space ninja warrior-gods killing thousands of enemies a mission in stylistic fashion.

They are right... And wrong.

Taking away all the flash, pizazz, and narrative, getting down to what the player ~actually~ does for his majority of play time is: loot acquisition.

Warframe is a grind - but not a bad grind. The pizazz and style make Warframe's grind enjoyable. Yet the core gameplay loop has remained for years a repetition of enter mission>kill enemies>acquire loot>enter mission> kill enemies with new loot> get more loot> and repeat ad infinitum.

Totalbisquit goes into great detail about how Warframe makes this work so well:

However...

As a veteran player, I remember a time when the entire game of "Loot Acquisition" was just a means to an end. When the loot we garnered was meant for more than looking good - it was meant for furthering our Clan's goals of conquest.

I am speaking of Dark Sector Conflicts.

Say I wanted a Braton Prime today. I'd farm for the Relics, wait for a Void Tear, go to the tear, open the relic with crossed fingers, and repeat until I had received my Braton Prime. What do I do with it? Well... Use it to now get a Burston Prime, Paris Prime, Dakra Prime, and so one - which I would then use to just get more and more and more loot. It's a loot loop fruit suit juke. It's a cycle.

But let's take it back to before the Armistice. Back then I would go through the same steps of acquiring a Braton Prime. However, once I had acquired the Braton Prime I would not use it solely for more loot acquisition. Instead, my primary use for it would be to fire upon the denizens of the Dark Sectors to secure more territory for my Clan, and thus more wealth, and thus more capital for conquest.

My point here is that Dark Sectors are the perfect way to shatter the monotonous gameplay loop of Warframe. Instead of countless hours wasted just to use loot to get more loot, players would use their loot for a common goal - conquest.

Edited by Sitchrea
Clarity

1 minute ago, Sitchrea said:

Dark Sectors do not equal PvP. We have PvP in the game. This post is about Dark Sectors.

they took away dark sector conflicts because the old system was unsatisfactory and they wanted a better one for it. you know this, right?

16 minutes ago, (XB1)BroadsideMobsta said:

I really hope to see Dark Sector Conflicts return as PvP again. That was mine, and many others, end game. Nothing felt better than taking a freshly forma'd weapon and seeing how it faired against others. And seeing so many people fighting underneath of a banner was truly amazing.

why not a conclave game mode with that? , but they would have to restrict certain weapons   or make game mode that had op build and not op builds

13 minutes ago, (XB1)BroadsideMobsta said:

What if they make the relay reconstruction and custom relays affiliated with Dark Sector conflicts? All the relays do have the Tenno Banners in them still.

Perhaps that is where recruitment for the Dark Sectors could occur? I.E. Guild Wars 2's Mist War?

8 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Perhaps that is where recruitment for the Dark Sectors could occur? I.E. Guild Wars 2's Mist War?

During the Tenno Con stream they also said that they wanted to make spots in the relays for clans to recruit from as well. It all seems like it could really go together with Dark Sector conflicts in a great way. I would love to be fighting other clans/alliances in a relay. Or even better fighting them in a destroyed/damaged relay.

Just now, (XB1)BroadsideMobsta said:

During the Tenno Con stream they also said that they wanted to make spots in the relays for clans to recruit from as well. It all seems like it could really go together with Dark Sector conflicts in a great way. I would love to be fighting other clans/alliances in a relay. Or even better fighting them in a destroyed/damaged relay.

We have the destroyed Relays from Eyes of Blight on the map now (Ohhhh, the memories of defending them...).

I wonder why they're there...

8 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

We have the destroyed Relays from Eyes of Blight on the map now (Ohhhh, the memories of defending them...).

I wonder why they're there...

That's what i'm saying! How awesome would it be to fight for control of a relay! And if you have it under control for when Baro is there, your clan/alliance will rake in some credits.

Hmmm.

When people say "I want Clans and Dark Sector Alliances to be involved in rebuilding/controlling/struggling over Relays," what I hear is "We want to tax access to Relays and force players who aren't interested in PvP to put up with our crap if they want to go see the Syndicates, Simaris, Darvo, and the Void Trader."

EDIT: Oh, look what got posted right before I hit Submit, right above my post!

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Hmmm.

When people say "I want Clans and Dark Sector Alliances to be involved in rebuilding/controlling/struggling over Relays," what I hear is "We want to tax access to Relays and force players who aren't interested in PvP to put up with our crap if they want to go see the Syndicates, Simaris, Darvo, and the Void Trader."

See, that's the problem with people not understanding that there are other clans and alliances that are out there that have no interest in these kind of things, and that's fine! I know PC had a major problem with the 99% taxes, but on Xbox you would rarely see any Dark Sector with a tax higher than 20%. 20% should be the max anyone can tax.

Just now, (XB1)BroadsideMobsta said:

See, that's the problem with people not understanding that there are other clans and alliances that are out there that have no interest in these kind of things, and that's fine! I know PC had a major problem with the 99% taxes, but on Xbox you would rarely see any Dark Sector with a tax higher than 20%. 20% should be the max anyone can tax.

I remember 1% tax Sechura simply because everyone played there.

It was a business, through and through. Supply of players and demand for the node.

1 minute ago, (XB1)BroadsideMobsta said:

6 minutes ago, (XB1)BroadsideMobsta said:

That's what i'm saying! How awesome would it be to fight for control of a relay! And if you have it under control for when Baro is there, your clan/alliance will rake in some credits.

You realise that people can actually see all of your posts, right? You posted, right there in black and white, that you want to have alliances be able to tax regular access to relays in order to gouge players for access to the Syndicates and Baro.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)BroadsideMobsta said:

just make it so you do not have to pay to get in the relay 

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You realise that people can actually see all of your posts, right? You posted, right there in black and white, that you want to have alliances be able to tax regular access to relays in order to gouge players for access to the Syndicates and Baro.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Solargeo said:

just make it so you do not have to pay to get in the relay 

Yes i realize people can see my posts, which is exactly why I put it there. Taxes should be there. But on a relay there shouldn't be an actual tax added to items or to get in. I am by no means saying that. Let's say an item costs 100,000 credits to buy from Baro, they should make it stay the same exact price of 100,000 credits, and give the clans/alliances a locked percentage of those credits. That way nobody has to pay extras like they do on Dark Sector nodes. This way it's actually worth while to fight for it.

Edited by (XB1)BroadsideMobsta

3 minutes ago, (XB1)BroadsideMobsta said:

Yes i realize people can see my posts, which is exactly why I put it there. Taxes should be there. But on a relay there shouldn't be an actual tax added to items or to get in. I am by no means saying that. Let's say an item costs 100,000 credits to buy from Baro, they should make it stay the same exact price of 100,000 credits, and give the clans/alliances a locked percentage of those credits. That way nobody has to pay extras like they do on Dark Sector nodes. This way it's actually worth while to fight for it.

I'd say make the tax a set amount, separate from Dark Sectors. They serve as a means of taking credits out of the game and thus balancing the economy. If clans could take 100% or even 50% of every 100,000 credit transaction on a relay they would be far to rich to be fair.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)BroadsideMobsta said:

that is quiet fair. 20% fair?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Do you understand that at this point getting back DS means they would be Lunaro footy match based right? lol

let DS rest in piece, the whole game is going downhill imo

Have you watched any of the latest devstreams? The game is getting better than ever - Specters of the Rail was simply rushed. DE even admitted it - and that says a lot about their integrity that they admit their mistakes as compared to other game developers.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Do you understand that at this point getting back DS means they would be Lunaro footy match based right? lol

let DS rest in piece, the whole game is going downhill imo

Have you watched any of the latest devstreams? The game is getting better than ever - Specters of the Rail was simply rushed. DE even admitted it - and that says a lot about their integrity that they admit their mistakes as compared to other game developers.