The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flak Cannon, Minigun And Beam Gun [New Weapons Ideas]

Phoenix86

The Flux Rifle is a beam gun, isn't it? The actual linking capability would be fun though. :P

And apart from the look, the gorgon pretty much is a minigun. Maybe a minigun Gorgon skin?

On a side-note, DE is very familiar with the UT weapons.

Flak cannon is nice. Non-hitscan with bouncing projectiles.

The Flux Rifle is a beam gun, isn't it? The actual linking capability would be fun though. :P

And apart from the look, the gorgon pretty much is a minigun. Maybe a minigun Gorgon skin?

On a side-note, DE is very familiar with the UT weapons.

Flak cannon is nice. Non-hitscan with bouncing projectiles.

idk, never had the chance to check the flux gun, about the minigun it's there exactly because the gorgon is the only heavy machine gun type weapon... would be cool to have an alternative (that doesnt require mastery 7 + dojo :p )

edit: just watched a video of the flux gun, yeah that's what i had in mind... well having a non-dojo alternative with the same style wont hurt i guess :)

Edited by Phoenix86

I think a minigun skin would do the trick perfectly fine as I am certain, that a minigun does not fit at all into the Warframe style.
Same goes for the flak cannon, I think that you could just reskin the Hek, but again this would just not fit.

Edited by Jamukha

I think a minigun skin would do the trick perfectly fine as I am certain, that a minigun does not fit at all into the Warframe style.

Same goes for the flak cannon, I think that you could just reskin the Hek, but again this would just not fit.

do you realize we have a rocket launcher, a flame thrower, a 2 handed hammer and a laser machine gun already... right? :)

where's the 'style' you talking about ? :p

Yeah the problem with warframe is the over use of too many hit-scan weapon types such as machine guns or bullets.Couple friends I got into the game keep saying that most of the guns are just re-skins with more or less damage.

That's the way it is for most games.  They develop a mechanic and when they make new weaponry it uses a tailored version of the same mechanic.

Do your friends actually think that all the battlefield guns have different mechanics?  They all use projectile speed, damage, dropoff, and drop distance but for different amounts.  They don't actually fire a different round.  We're talking about code here, not real life.

It would be better for all weapons to need to lead a target depending on projectile type and distance, but from a technical standpoint the hit scan mechanic is much easier to deal with and tweak.

How does that make sense?  A minigun doesn't fit warframe but a minigun SKIN is okay...

Also, on the same topic of "fitting" ... a rocket launcher fits? Once they added the rocket launcher, anything goes man.

The Flak Cannon is not fit for a Hek reskin at all.

It fires non-hitscan pellets that ricochet when hitting a surface. It would make for a funny new type of shotgun.

Ah, yes. I remember when I first played UT2004. I fell in love with the Flak Cannon. It kinda fits in Warframe, but that's copyright infringement.

Also:

Feedback's for stuff that is in the game - and not for concepts of fans. The latter belongs to the Fan Zone, like all other fan ideas.

Ah, yes. I remember when I first played UT2004. I fell in love with the Flak Cannon. It kinda fits in Warframe, but that's copyright infringement.

Also:

awww about ced's quote

anyway... DE partecipated in the making of Unreal Tournament (if you didnt know ;) )

i hope they can bypass the copyright thingy, btw it could be named different, look different... it's just the firing mechaninc what matters ;)

awww about ced's quote

anyway... DE partecipated in the making of Unreal Tournament (if you didnt know ;) )

i hope they can bypass the copyright thingy, btw it could be named different, look different... it's just the firing mechaninc what matters ;)

THEY DID!?

Obviously, they'll have to name it different and create an art asset from scratch, so that's not really a problem. The real problem is the fact that programming the projectiles is gonna take some time and cost quite a lot...

Edited by Rengakun

THEY DID!?

Obviously, they'll have to name it different and create an art asset from scratch, so that's not really a problem. The real problem is the fact that programming the projectiles is gonna take some time and cost quite a lot...

And i hope they'll put all the necessary efforts to do it!

How does that make sense?  A minigun doesn't fit warframe but a minigun SKIN is okay...

Also, on the same topic of "fitting" ... a rocket launcher fits? Once they added the rocket launcher, anything goes man.

I was implying that  workforce could be better used on things that are more important. I believe a skin does not need that much resources.

Others than making a new gun wich will be similar to Gorgon anyway.

But I agree with you regarding the rocket launcher. Theme meant to be space ninjas, not space rambos.

Edited by Jamukha

THEY DID!?

They developed it, but they aren't the licence holders. They still can't use anything related to the Flak Gun or it's precise behavior.

That's the way it is for most games.  They develop a mechanic and when they make new weaponry it uses a tailored version of the same mechanic.

Do your friends actually think that all the battlefield guns have different mechanics?  They all use projectile speed, damage, dropoff, and drop distance but for different amounts.  They don't actually fire a different round.  We're talking about code here, not real life.

It would be better for all weapons to need to lead a target depending on projectile type and distance, but from a technical standpoint the hit scan mechanic is much easier to deal with and tweak.

Sorry. What I was trying to say is that the gun models in warframe are just static.Nothing interesting happens and the projectiles are just as static. The dojos have something different such as the rocket and flux along with the acid thing, but yet the gun models them selves are static.None of them have a unique animation for holding them.We hold the gorgon , hek, ignis, and Torid like we would hole the burston and any other small compact gun.No one was talking about battle field and I don't know how the guns work in that game because I don't play it.

Notice when you shoot a weapon in unreal tournament the guns do something such as the flak cannon shoots  a little canister to show that its ready to fire again, the mini gun rotates to show wind up.My problem is that warframes are suppose to have futuristic and more superior weapons.We have a lot of normal machine guns that shoot bullets.

Edited by BEASTCOMMANDO

Unfortunatley Digital Extremes don't really have the money for that much detail. Especially since Warframe has waaaay more weapons. In Unreal they only have what 9 or 10 guns? And only half of those have fancy animations. Warframe has 50+ weapons. It's also a difference in the first vs third person camera. In First Person shooters you have to put more detail into the guns because the player has them shoved up against their right nostril. A third person shooter needs to focus on the character model more because the player is looking at them all the time. I barely even look at my gun outside of the Arsenal screen.

The large quantity of slug throwers can be tied to DE being independant. Notice how as the game develops they are adding more interesting mechanics and varied weapon types? That's because they can afford to now.

High quality animation and AAA budgets don't grow on trees.

God those vids brought back memories... :)

I would love to see a shotgun similar to the flak cannon, and it should have an innate armor-piercing. And if they could rework the Torid into something like the Bio-rifle (instead of the fart gun it is now), I'd be happy!