Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura System?

SynisterDoom

Welp, for thoose of us who watched the latest live stream, i think it was monsueir wonderful beard who said that they might be implementing Aura's into the game, and obviously i went crazy with the possibilities I dont know if they had an idea where it would just always be around your warframe or if you need to activiate it like a power. But the idea i had was to have it always be on your frame, and with each level you add to it, it gets bigger. And at the final level, its quite large, and you get the option to put it into Burst. So the idea kinda came from the Final Getsugatensho from Bleach. where after he does it he loses his powers. but way less radical. i was thinking there could be a custom animation, like, you know something ripped right from an anime. throwing back there heads or taking a particularly feral pose. or like putting a hand up to the head and going all wobbly. you get the idea. and when they Burst, the aura does something different depending on either what the original Artifact was (I.E if you used Energy Siphon, you get infinite energy for X Seconds ((i was thinking 30, that sounds pretty balanced)) and all powers do twice as much damage and have twice as much duration.) or on what mods you fused with it (kinda like, if you fused it mostly with damage/elemental effect mods. you get a damage buff. and defesive mods grant you something like rhino's iron skin with a melee damage buff) And after the Burst, you lose the aura for the remainder of the mission. (i was thinking that maybe there could be a mod you can put on your frame thats like Regen for your sentinal and you could get your aura back) 

What do you guy's think! also sorry for thee spelling.grammatical errors if there is any

So, making auras an active skill that's usable once per mission? Sounds great, though I'm not sure I want to give up the passive boosts currently either...

Eh, you can do both... One thing that concerns me right now is whether or not they will put a new slot (not polarity) on the Warframes that correspond to the auras or will you have to use one of the current ten slots.

Scott said the Artifacts would be turned into Mods and given their own Polarity and be able to be leveled like current mods.

The only question was if they will give another slot.  Personally they do not need to 10 slots is loads of room on a WarFrame.

Once mods get to higher levels you find yourself only using 8 or 9 anyways unless you have Polarized the WarFrame a number of times for additional Mod space.

Edit: Sorry misread, I agree but feel 10 mod slots is more than enough room on a WarFrame.

Edited by Mickey1779

ehhh you guys arent entirely understanding how the aura would of worked, basicly the aura would have the same effect as the artifact, he said that the artifact cards are getting a rework and that some of them were going to become aura's. they would do the same thing, just kinda instead of being an artifact they would be a mod card that can level and blahblah. And as for the idea that they should just slap a polarity on it and letcha adding it into your frame, err no. i think thats a terrible idea. im pretty much stuck with my excalibur, and dont really intend on getting another frame. So i need all the mod slots i have just to be viable in a team.all my card slots are full and i still dont hit all the marks i need to in order to be useful. so. i think that the new Aura mods/cards should get they're own slot that doesnt take up mod points. 

honestly i'm already forced to take out mods i'd like to equip because i havent enough room for them all :/

it will be even harder

yeah thats why i said it should get a slot all on its own, not just  a polarity

Edited by Akiba_Broax

My opinion on auras? I think its a good idea actually. Might subtly encourage people to stick together as a team instead of speeding off [or wandering off to find loot]

1st rule in DnD, keep the party together! Thus we need things like auras to do this. Im just hoping the auras are "visible" but not "OMG visible". Enough blinding lights and particle fields. :p Something subtle but noticable.

My only other worry is they'll nerf auras coming straight out the door, and they'll be so worthless no one will bother with them. WE DONT NEED ANOTHER 2% FIRE DMG REDUCTION! Instead, I hope DE considers giving them a BUFF instead, see if anyone catches on. If its too strong or easily abused, THEN lower it some.

My opinion on auras? I think its a good idea actually. Might subtly encourage people to stick together as a team instead of speeding off [or wandering off to find loot]

1st rule in DnD, keep the party together! Thus we need things like auras to do this. Im just hoping the auras are "visible" but not "OMG visible". Enough blinding lights and particle fields. :p Something subtle but noticable.

My only other worry is they'll nerf auras coming straight out the door, and they'll be so worthless no one will bother with them. WE DONT NEED ANOTHER 2% FIRE DMG REDUCTION! Instead, I hope DE considers giving them a BUFF instead, see if anyone catches on. If its too strong or easily abused, THEN lower it some.

^ this

Welp, for thoose of us who watched the latest live stream, i think it was monsueir wonderful beard who said that they might be implementing Aura's into the game, and obviously i went crazy with the possibilities I dont know if they had an idea where it would just always be around your warframe or if you need to activiate it like a power. But the idea i had was to have it always be on your frame, and with each level you add to it, it gets bigger. And at the final level, its quite large, and you get the option to put it into Burst. So the idea kinda came from the Final Getsugatensho from Bleach. where after he does it he loses his powers. but way less radical. i was thinking there could be a custom animation, like, you know something ripped right from an anime. throwing back there heads or taking a particularly feral pose. or like putting a hand up to the head and going all wobbly. you get the idea. and when they Burst, the aura does something different depending on either what the original Artifact was (I.E if you used Energy Siphon, you get infinite energy for X Seconds ((i was thinking 30, that sounds pretty balanced)) and all powers do twice as much damage and have twice as much duration.) or on what mods you fused with it (kinda like, if you fused it mostly with damage/elemental effect mods. you get a damage buff. and defesive mods grant you something like rhino's iron skin with a melee damage buff) And after the Burst, you lose the aura for the remainder of the mission. (i was thinking that maybe there could be a mod you can put on your frame thats like Regen for your sentinal and you could get your aura back) 

What do you guy's think! also sorry for thee spelling.grammatical errors if there is any

i dont know why get the vibe your making similarities to gods eater burst burst system

Dear god your ideas are terrible.

((i was thinking 30, that sounds pretty balanced)) and all powers do twice as much damage and have twice as much duration.)

That word clearly does not mean what you think it means. You're looking for "completely overpowered holy hell game breaking".

As to what they said they will do. This is what they said...

Artifacts will become mods.

Artifacts will have their own polarity.

Depending on who gets their way, it may or may not have its own slot on your warframe. Personally I'm leaning towards not having its own slot. Forcing choice is not a bad thing.

Artifacts will be more beneficial than what they are now if they are maxed out.

No word on starter power in comparison to how they are now.

New artifacts are coming.

As to your ideas, I'm against all of them.

Dear god your ideas are terrible.

That word clearly does not mean what you think it means. You're looking for "completely overpowered holy hell game breaking".

As to what they said they will do. This is what they said...

Artifacts will become mods.

Artifacts will have their own polarity.

Depending on who gets their way, it may or may not have its own slot on your warframe. Personally I'm leaning towards not having its own slot. Forcing choice is not a bad thing.

Artifacts will be more beneficial than what they are now if they are maxed out.

No word on starter power in comparison to how they are now.

New artifacts are coming.

As to your ideas, I'm against all of them.

.. did you even like read the whole thing or was it just that bit? for a thirty second duration having twice the amount of power strength and duration is hardly "gamebreaking" with animations and cooldown times it leave maybe enough time for like. two or three executions of any given power. And as for the idea of just slapping a new polarity onto theese new Aura cards. i cant use one on my frame without a new slot. im stuck with my cali and cant really do anything about it because RNG kinda hates me and i havent been getting the drops i want for the frames i want. So i need all of my slots just to keep my poor little Excalibur in the same rink as a big bad vauban! Plus with only one use per mission, its not exactly exploitable. I dont think you understand what the phrase "gamebreaking" means. But what i've described certainly isnt it! maybe flawed and not entirely thought out. but certianly not game breaking.

Two more slots to frames would be well to do for the change. Weapons have eight. Frames only have 6, plus slots for their powers, and right now, a lot of powers aren't worth wearing. Frames could do with two new slots to add mod diversity in. Who knows how many end game frames end up looking the same as far as their mods go with the current slot numbers...

I read it all, your post, the followup posts, everything.

30 seconds infinite energy and 2x power and 2x duration. Are you serious? How is that NOT gamebreaking? Most boss fights don't even last 30 seconds, and you can have your party do it 4x? Really? Most missions can be completed in under 5 minutes. So you're in this super unkillable state for 40%? Oh wait, you're unkillable and dropping t4 skills all over the place insta-killing everything, the runs probably aren't even 2 minutes long then. I don't know what game you're playing, but I'm playing a fast-paced shooter where a skill that lasts 10%+ of the run time is completely overpowered.

For this "on use" effect to not be totally game breaking it would have to be something along the lines of "grants 200 energy one time". That's it. No extra damage, no extra duration, just 200 energy. And no, not having the artifact effect for the rest of the run is NOT going to make it balanced. Add in one more no for I don't want my little suggestion to be added either.

As to your "wah wah wah" about how you apparently need all 10 cards in your frame, I'm going to have to ask you to get better at the game. Not only that, but vauban is being nerfed and every frame not considered "high tier" is being buffed. I still stand by my support of making it take up one of your 10 mod slots.

Two more slots to frames would be well to do for the change. Weapons have eight. Frames only have 6, plus slots for their powers, and right now, a lot of powers aren't worth wearing. Frames could do with two new slots to add mod diversity in. Who knows how many end game frames end up looking the same as far as their mods go with the current slot numbers...

It's called choice. If you have access to everything, then nothing is special. If you have to make a choice, then everything is special to you for some reason or another.

I will never, ever, support having access to everything. at once.

I read it all, your post, the followup posts, everything.

30 seconds infinite energy and 2x power and 2x duration. Are you serious? How is that NOT gamebreaking? Most boss fights don't even last 30 seconds, and you can have your party do it 4x? Really? Most missions can be completed in under 5 minutes. So you're in this super unkillable state for 40%? Oh wait, you're unkillable and dropping t4 skills all over the place insta-killing everything, the runs probably aren't even 2 minutes long then. I don't know what game you're playing, but I'm playing a fast-paced shooter where a skill that lasts 10%+ of the run time is completely overpowered.

For this "on use" effect to not be totally game breaking it would have to be something along the lines of "grants 200 energy one time". That's it. No extra damage, no extra duration, just 200 energy. And no, not having the artifact effect for the rest of the run is NOT going to make it balanced. Add in one more no for I don't want my little suggestion to be added either.

As to your "wah wah wah" about how you apparently need all 10 cards in your frame, I'm going to have to ask you to get better at the game. Not only that, but vauban is being nerfed and every frame not considered "high tier" is being buffed. I still stand by my support of making it take up one of your 10 mod slots.

It's called choice. If you have access to everything, then nothing is special. If you have to make a choice, then everything is special to you for some reason or another.

dude no what the F*** are you ON?! and why arent you sharing?! if YOU can speed run ahead of people and do a mission in under 5 minutes. awesome, great for you, your a @(*()$ gaming god. but what you need to figure out is that an overwhelming majority of people who play this game CANT DO THAT the quickest i ever did a mission was solo in the void about 10 minutes of me flipping the F*** out and spamming slash dash! Majorly avoidng enemies and using up 2 revives. So yeah, i need a little boost. and i think 30 seconds of a pretty powerful buff is needed for that. and please if you pay attention i said that its only when you have the mod card fully leveled. which, depending on how many levels it has. could take a really long time, alot of credits, and alot of spare mods. so its hardly "having everything at once" 

Wow...what a reaction...

Sorry bud, but killing every single enemy, looting every locker, and killing a boss shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes at most right now in solo. Btw, I was referring to a group of 4, which very easily blows through a mission within 5 minutes, without really rushing.

Also I don't really care if it's when the card is maxed, even if the card has 400 levels, once someone has it, it will be completely game breaking. Just because you're pretty mediocre at the game, doesn't mean the developers should cater to you so you can solo with ease while making the group play even more of a joke than it already is.

Finally, the having everything at once part wasn't even aimed at you.

Edited by Ghobe

That may be convincing if the choice was actually a choice for most frames. A handful of one single type of frame played by different people are likely to share at least 4-5 mods between them, which means there's only 1-2 extra slots for those frames, and those are typically used to cover up weak points in the suit.

Until the mechanics allow for a lot more diversity on the frame without killing the overall effectiveness from one to another, it's not an issue of choice. Right now, you either chose to do the one thing your frame is good at, or you're frame lags behind comparatively. The game content is so limited right now that any choices aside from such a route is more or less shooting yourself in the foot.

Edited by ToeSama

That may be convincing if the choice was actually a choice for most frames. A handful of one single type of frame played by different people are likely to share at least 4-5 mods between them, which means there's only 1-2 extra slots for those frames, and those are typically used to cover up weak points in the suit.

Until the mechanics allow for a lot more diversity on the frame without killing the overall effectiveness from one to another, it's not an issue of choice. Right now, you either chose to do the one thing your frame is good at, or you're frame lags behind comparatively. The game content is so limited right now that any choices aside from such a route is more or less shooting yourself in the foot.

Most frames only use 2 of their 4 skills. The only "mandatory" mod is Redirection(even Vitality can be written off). The rest are up to your playstyle. Some frames are typically specced one way, that's right, but those are the mage frames and they are kind of designed to be power focused. If you think excalibur, rhino, mag, and frost can all only be played one way, you're wrong. Note: I'm not even saying the mage frames have to be power played, but it's definitely heavily suggested.

thank you for putting this into words, i tried to but i have a really bad habit of just yelling and not really getting my point across

Wow...what a reaction...

Sorry bud, but killing every single enemy, looting every locker, and killing a boss shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes at most right now in solo. Btw, I was referring to a group of 4, which very easily blows through a mission within 5 minutes, without really rushing.

Also I don't really care if it's when the card is maxed, even if the card has 400 levels, once someone has it, it will be completely game breaking. Just because you're pretty mediocre at the game, doesn't mean the developers should cater to you so you can solo with ease while making the group play even more of a joke than it already is.

Finally, the having everything at once part wasn't even aimed at you.

What he said.... It takes me longer to find Hyena (Control module) or Nef Anyo (quick boost for morphics) or Hek (neurodes) or Golem (neural sensors) than killing em.

Still baffling at the idea that "10 slots is more than enough!"? Really?

I have issues having to swap out skills for frame redesigns, with 3 or 4 overflow... but just 10 is "more than enough"???

How excessively limited must your gameplay be to think this???????

Most frames only use 2 of their 4 skills.

This doesn't matter. Without polarization, using the skill slots for other mods is ineffective due to the equipment price jump for cross polarity. It's also a bad item to focus on since the latest livestream, as the devs have stated that they will be retooling older suits and their skill sets to make them up to par with the newer suits and skills, so those suits may see improvement in old skills long thought to be useless in the coming updates.

The only "mandatory" mod is Redirection(even Vitality can be written off). The rest are up to your playstyle.

Subjective at best, since many mods don't even have a worthwhile output due to feeding off of the base Rank 0 stats of a frame. Steel Fiber, for example, isn't a worthwhile equip for lower armor suits like Trinity and Ember, and Redirection is a waste of space on Loki and Vauban.

Most suits equip to their strengths for the best output, switching out any extra slots possible if farming for materials. Playstyle hardly influences the mod selection as much as you would like to believe for most high tier builds.

The funniest part is that most of the people who would be aided by the extra mod slots either don't know how to build a high tier build for suit of choice, or don't have the materials to make a high tier build for suit of choice, but this is a whole different topic altogether...

Some frames are typically specced one way, that's right, but those are the mage frames and they are kind of designed to be power focused. If you think excalibur, rhino, mag, and frost can all only be played one way, you're wrong. Note: I'm not even saying the mage frames have to be power played, but it's definitely heavily suggested.

I've seen a lot of those frames that follow the same build design as every other one out there. Mag especially, considering she's a one trick pony for most players. Playstyle may play a part in dictating the use or lack of use in certain areas, but most of the listed frames will indeed share up to 3-4 of the same mods, and use the same skill selection. Combine this with the above issue of low end frame skills to be boosted, and it's still an ill advised item to use towards direction for balance purposes.

The idea that the game is easy so X mod slots should be enough is also unfounded because not everyone shares the same view on exactly HOW the game is easy. I'll tell you this, the majority view isn't that the game is easy because there are too many options available to the player. Choice is the last thing we have right now because half of the options aren't even worth the effort, and the ones that are worth it on a frame to frame basis are generally already equipped by said frames anyways.

I sit in your camp myself. I'm able to make runs quickly and take out enemies with little resistance, but I also recognize that the areas of the game lacking lower the value on choices greatly, and turn some choices into non choices to get such effectiveness. The game, however, must not be built towards players like you and I who can breeze through the game, because we're not the ones having trouble by the current design system. High level end game players are going to make the game seem easy no matter what the balance is like, and more options for the suits will not change that.