Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 New Weapons From The Past! [Repost]

Phoenix86

This is a repost from the weapon feedback section, hope here is the right place :)

All primary weapons, all taken from Unreal Tournament 2003-2004 so DE should know what i'm talking about.

All very funny to use, completely new, enjoy!

Flak Cannon Shotgun:

Minigun:

Beam Gun:

Boar/Strun/Hek

Gorgon/Supra

Flux Rifle

all current shotguns have almost instant hit projectiles that cannot ricochet.

while gorgon and supra have a "spinup" they don't have 3+ barrels.

link gun fires a beam that latches on to targets, flux rifle is a laser cutter

What about Supra?

A rank 7, dojo only laser weapon that less than 10% community has?

Ok let's say we got 2 than

all current shotguns have almost instant hit projectiles that cannot ricochet.

while gorgon and supra have a "spinup" they don't have 3+ barrels.

link gun fires a beam that latches on to targets, flux rifle is a laser cutter

thx man

Edited by Phoenix86

Ok, a projectile based, ricocheting shotgun could be cool, I'll give you that one.

As for the chain gun, you don't need multiple barrels, the gorgon and supra fill that niche already, the spin up time, rate of fire and clip size constitute a chain gun aside from having multiple barrels.

How will a link gun be anything other than a gimmic? You wouldn't even need to aim it.

As for the chain gun, you don't need multiple barrels, the gorgon and supra fill that niche already, the spin up time, rate of fire and clip size constitute a chain gun aside from having multiple barrels.

How will a link gun be anything other than a gimmic? You wouldn't even need to aim it.

I'm just sayin, miniguns are fun because barrels.

Lanka is a gimmick of Paris in a way. You would have to aim it and it would be harder to switch targets purely due to "latching on" part.

Again, flux rifle is a laser cutter, link gun is a laser lasso.

I'm just sayin, miniguns are fun because barrels.

Lanka is a gimmick of Paris in a way. You would have to aim it and it would be harder to switch targets purely due to "latching on" part.

Again, flux rifle is a laser cutter, link gun is a laser lasso.

True, Lanka is a gimmick of Paris, but has the benefit of being devastating against Corpus, it's a niche weapon, no doubt, but still has it's moments. The link gun was a good weapon in UT games because your opponents were fast moving and normally bunny hopping like mad, but the Flux rifle works in Warframe because let's be honest, our enemies don't really try to get out of the way, I just can't see a link gun in Warframe being at al useful.

I proposed those simply because we have 5 auto rifles and only 1 machine gun and i'd rather like to see a new machine gun than another rifle

Only 1 beam gun, why not 2?

A whole 'new' concept for a shotgun

Well put like that I can't really argue, I'd just rather DE tried to add something more unique than alternate versions of existing weapons.

Though a chain-gun skin for the gorgon would be fun.

You see? everyone loves bouncing shotguns and multi-barrel heavy guns, no way :D

And lets be honest...a single barrel machine gun shouldnt have spin up...because it only has 1 barrel.  THe Gorgon makes about as much sense as.....a minigun with 1 barrel..

I want flak cannon now. Baww... Too bad there's no alt-modes for weapons. (would be cool if we could set bindings like shift+button or something, like in timeshift). Ricochet would be really fun. But flak from UT99 looks way cooler.

Link gun would be interesting to have, provided it can actually link multiple users. Maybe a support weapon, that restores shields?

Edited by GTG3000

I want flak cannon now. Baww... Too bad there's no alt-modes for weapons. (would be cool if we could set bindings like shift+button or something, like in timeshift). Ricochet would be really fun. But flak from UT99 looks way cooler.

Link gun would be interesting to have, provided it can actually link multiple users. Maybe a support weapon, that restores shields?

You just came up with a mod by accident!  Ricochet.  Bullets bounce (x) number of times.  Maybe they seek enemies so that open areas get the benefits.

Pro ut players use shock rifle to keep on throwing you into pits. 

Mostly because I disabled teleporters, I guess.

Ahem.

Well, ricochet mode would be cool. Maybe like that mechromancer ability from Borderlands 2?