June 20Th: Community Hot Topics

[DE]Rebecca

Really? I think some vindictus would be good for WF, better boss fights for one. I personally found skyrim pretty boring after a full 2 playthroughs, and while it was a good amount of time sunk into, the combat was kinda boring, and the characters overall kinda bland. And it's hard to compare Vindictus and skyrim, they're both completely different. (Both are good games in their own ways)

I was referring to the lore or lack of it, ie. pink bunny ears and tuxedos in Vindictus. And I agree DE could learn a lot from Vindictus regarding boss fights mechanics.

So when will fixing Strict NAT issues be on your priority list?

This game is so @(*()$ boring alone. Port forwarding didn't help. ISP don't know what the problem is. All settings are correct yet still the issue continues to harass me. I am so freaking glad I didn't upgrade to Grand Master and I wouldn't have upgraded to Master if I knew this would happen.

Speed: This one really doesn't need much as far as nerfing/buffing, it's just a wicked awesome dashing power. The only thing I'd suggest on this: make melee speed faster, so that you can chop up people along the way.

And make it so I don't loose speed when I roll after a jump. 

We had white bunny ears on corpus and grineer for Easter.

lol I rest my case. I think I totally misread the game and the intention of Devs. 

And I just noticed the ESRB rating on the bottom "TEEN" :) that explains a lot.

Sorry to everybody.

BTW sunglasses on new Ash and headphones on new Mag don't seem so out of place in this context :)

Edited by Kedlaw

My only problem with charge attacks - the same problem that makes me think "Oh crap!" upon seeing 'high charge damage' in the wiki description - is that there is only ONE animation for it, which gets really old really quick if it takes more than 3 or 4 of them to take down a particular enemy. Add a couple more to each weapon type to make charge combos and I reckon that's half the battle won straight away

Still wouldn't change the fact that you're never using your regular melee swings.......ever.

Melee needs a rework and balance. Glad to see they're at least looking into it after the many, many suggestive posts on how to fix what is essentially the 'useless' weapon slot.

Edited by Thaumatos

I don't see MELEE being an issue, wave 25+ on defense missions don't get one shotted but melee is still pretty strong and I personally rarely rely on charge shot. I do enjoy stun locking ancients with charge shot but in no way is it my bread and butter when it comes to melee.

Orthos - modded appropriately 

I do see there is alot of concern, are Orthos and Scindo that OP?

EDIT:

I think I broke my forum account. Going to push a few buttons and see I can fix it.

Edited by mudlovin

Still wouldn't change the fact that you're never using your regular melee swings.......ever.

Melee needs a rework and balance. Glad to see they're at least looking into it after the many, many suggestive posts on how to fix what is essentially the 'useless' weapon slot.

Yeah, raising the max rank of Pressure Point to 10 would be a good start, which I think was mentioned in the livestream.

I have an idea to help out people who only use their base attack for their melee weapons. You have to make a new elemental mod that will apply a explosive substance to the target every base hit with a melee weapon. And this can stack up 4 times and 25% increase in explosion dmg. per a stack. And when you use a charged attack. A small detonator will be attached to the target that will blow up in 3 sec. This combo will cap out at 500 dmg. to main enemy and 250dmg. to surrounding enemies within 3m. Also this AOE explosion will chain with any surrounding enemies with this explosive substance on them. This will put out a massive dmg. output to surrounding enemies. Now for hardcore players using Skype/teamchat. One Tenno will go in with a dagger and stab all enemies as fast as possible and another Tenno will use one Charged attack with Orthos and run! Because that explosive detonator will dmg. the player who caused the explosion. This mod is risk vs. reward like the Ogris. Please take this into consideration and Ty for Warframe. :)

Edited by NoPlayerHaters2

My only problem with charge attacks - the same problem that makes me think "Oh crap!" upon seeing 'high charge damage' in the wiki description - is that there is only ONE animation for it, which gets really old really quick if it takes more than 3 or 4 of them to take down a particular enemy. Add a couple more to each weapon type to make charge combos and I reckon that's half the battle won straight away, the other half of course being the viability of normal attacks beyond just stun-locking in preparation for a charged hit.

Agreed.

Never was a fan of charge attacks until the Orthos. Dull and still takes too long. Always favored Faster attacks to whittle 'em down;  stun-locks, heavy on armor pen and element damage. Even if it takes 3 or more hits for a heavy it's more likely than not someone on the team's going to help finish it off or I'll just back step out of harms way and use a power, ground-slam or a primary/sidearm to put the poor thing out of it's misery. Same setup works for me on medium crowds with a max reach, Especially using Orthos, Scindo or Amphis or even Dual Zorren vs. Corpus with one or more Osprey or the Grineer rollers. Still working on the Stalker's scythe and Reaper Prime.. Also thinking of maxing out my Skana Prime & Pangolin then re-polarizing them. The Classics never get old!

So anyway I personally wouldn't say normal melee attacks are dead, just more underground-niche like. Since it takes more strategic planning and setup. In the end I find it more satisfying getting medieval on their butts!

One man's opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

-ojd-

So when will fixing Strict NAT issues be on your priority list?

This game is so @(*()$ boring alone. Port forwarding didn't help. ISP don't know what the problem is. All settings are correct yet still the issue continues to harass me. I am so freaking glad I didn't upgrade to Grand Master and I wouldn't have upgraded to Master if I knew this would happen.

This definitely needs looking at, I started having this problem a few hotfixes ago and I know for a fact that my UPnP is not malfunctioning and port forwarding indeed didn't help.

I'm thinking about a new range of frame-specific weapons (maybe primary weapons) that further utilizing the abilities of respective frames, that drain on the frame's energy instead of ammo. The weapon will fire continuously as long as the energy bar is not empty, but has limited modding capabilities.

For example, Ember is able to wield the Ember-only Flame-thrower which consume its energy to spit fire; Volt has a Chain-Lightning gun; Frost has Ice-Sprayer etc.

How does it sound?

I'm thinking about a new range of frame-specific weapons (maybe primary weapons) that further utilizing the abilities of respective frames, that drain on the frame's energy instead of ammo. The weapon will fire continuously as long as the energy bar is not empty, but has limited modding capabilities.

For example, Ember is able to wield the Ember-only Flame-thrower which consume its energy to spit fire; Volt has a Chain-Lightning gun; Frost has Ice-Sprayer etc.

How does it sound?

And Rhino can shoot horns or something th.gif

In all serious I do believe you have an interesting idea but frames like the ones you mentioned are easy and you can't really exclude any of them. Plus that would then require them to make one for future frames as well. Not saying it's a bad idea but it definitely requires a bit more for them to think about. 

Personally I'd rather let them get the game fleshed out more and stick with what they have been doing for the time being. This time next year I bet you won't even recognize the game.