Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old player (founder) thoughts on new update

syle

So i recently came back to check out warframe once again.

I have played for a long time (mr20 and silver founder)and i must say the new map looks great Steve.

i think i stopped playing this game shortly after parkour 2.0 so i did hear about the new map plans before.

This starchart really brings back memories of the original warframe map , personally im loving it.

The junctions are a great additions but they are bugged for the old players who already have the xyz weapons crafted(this is the biggest problem imo because redoing the missions or crafting a spectre is not a problem , but recrafting a rank 6+ wpn can be frustrating especially if you have most of the stuff crafted and are rank 20 or higher)

And the animation of traveling to another planet gives a great mass effect relay vibe.

Relic system feels fine as well tbh , i don't like the rng aspect to how many missions you have to your disposal but the idea itself of void tears inside normal missions is great ,implementation is good too (sometimes a bit clunky when selecting the relics).

But why did you leave the old void in its current state?You guys have a TON of stuff that is removed from the relic rewards , why didn't you just put it into the old void?

There is no reason why the good old void cant have all those rewards.You have the coding for it in place.Its feels a little shady tbh.

When i reinstalled the game i brought couple ppl (5 of us played black desert and overwatch together) to warframe with me and it was difficult for me to explain to them why there is so much stuff missing from the game that they cant get.

Especially a friend of mine who just loves ember, he basically just got some platinum and bought her straight away and was quite upset when i told him he cant find ember prime anymore and when i explained to him that the old stuff is put in vaults he said it sounds like a cheap cash grab(which it does i agree with him 100%)

Which brings me to new player experience which is still horrible from what i can see (i had to explain so many things , from movement mechanics to mission goals and interface,upgrading,crafting,buying the tutorials for all those things are so confusing or straight up missing) .

So most of the new stuff felt like a good addition to the game until i tried your new archwing.

I am one of the few players who enjoyed archwing on occasion. The controls were a bit off before but now the new archwing is trash.

Here is why its horrible (at least to me and to another person that has archwing from the group i play with):

There is this weird delay before you stop(you would expect the crazy technology of tenno would be a bit more responsive when stopping or accelerating). 

Camera is way to close.

The feeling of the speed is gone(i used to remember that flying in tunnels of corpus ships was quite cool but not anymore) .

Its even harder to find yourself in the space(i think there was a button that would recenter your warframes position but it dsnt seem to work anymore which is horrible since its so easy to lose orientation). 

The movement animations when turning and diving look stupid and unfinished.

Archwing needs a bigger rework/fix .

Its sad to see that you guys left the dojo untouched for so long , no additional decorations (even if you have assets used in numerous tile sets of moon or orokin) , no shooting range where you can test your load outs with friends  or show new players how the weapons look like in actual use.

You should consider bringing old rewards back into void and stop using perfect world system of cheap cash grabs using unobtainable items(i have all of them but the new players should have the same chance of getting them as well).Archwing needs a rework , its horrible now.Some new additions to dojo would be nice(at least shooting range and new decorations from moon tileset).And the new player experience is horrible - especially the tutorials on mechanics of the ship and mission objectives.

The map is great ,the relics feel good as well so not much to complain about.

Its nice to see that warframe is still holding strong and great job on keeping this amazing game alive. Thx DE.

Honestly if they put all the vaulted stuff back in the game, and still did prime access stuff, but also had a cosmetic items only pack I would buy those cosmetics in a flash as long as the price was reasonable. (10$ being my limit for a set of armor and 5$ for a cap) They have to be more realistic about there community, most of us are poor as S#&$! I would have no plat at all if it was not for selling things in game or that one 75%off I got my second week of playing.

There are the people with money to blow but it's easier to find a million men with 1 dollar then 1 man with a million dollars.
I'd drop 10$ ASAP for the Armor in the prime access right now, but I'm not going to pay the price of a triple A game for it.

I LOVE DE, I love warframe, but my wallet.... well you get me, life is expensive and I honestly wish I could blow that sort of cash... If I could I would in a heartbeat but I just honestly can't I have bills and taxes and that is just the reality of it.

Love ya DE, Love you bunches, I hope you can find a way to make profit and give better access to item shop stuff to the vast untapped masses of your community. Get some rest now that TennoCon is over and then get back on the saddle, after all we are all frothing at the mouth for War Within, PS: Cephelon fragments.... I figured it out you cheaky little devs, you got your hooks in my lore bone again!

39 minutes ago, Lostami said:

Honestly if they put all the vaulted stuff back in the game, and still did prime access stuff, but also had a cosmetic items only pack I would buy those cosmetics in a flash as long as the price was reasonable. (10$ being my limit for a set of armor and 5$ for a cap) They have to be more realistic about there community, most of us are poor as S#&$! I would have no plat at all if it was not for selling things in game or that one 75%off I got my second week of playing.

There are the people with money to blow but it's easier to find a million men with 1 dollar then 1 man with a million dollars.
I'd drop 10$ ASAP for the Armor in the prime access right now, but I'm not going to pay the price of a triple A game for it.

I LOVE DE, I love warframe, but my wallet.... well you get me, life is expensive and I honestly wish I could blow that sort of cash... If I could I would in a heartbeat but I just honestly can't I have bills and taxes and that is just the reality of it.

Love ya DE, Love you bunches, I hope you can find a way to make profit and give better access to item shop stuff to the vast untapped masses of your community. Get some rest now that TennoCon is over and then get back on the saddle, after all we are all frothing at the mouth for War Within, PS: Cephelon fragments.... I figured it out you cheaky little devs, you got your hooks in my lore bone again!

Well after all cosmetics dont affect gameplay its only for the sake of fashion frame or looking fancy while playing sure its a fairly big aspect of the game but even so gameplay is what keeps most playing i think imo atm this update is just a pure slap to the face and F*** you especially void 2.0.