Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Kamas, Dual Heat Swords, Dual Ethers, Orthos

GonZ77

Question

So, right now I own the Dual Kamas, Dual Heat Swords, Dual Ethers and Orthos.

I am just planning to keep two of them. Which should I keep?

And on that note, is the Dual Raza worth getting being that I have the materials for it?

11 answers to this question

I'd recommend turning the Dual Kamas into the Dual Raza, keeping one of the other dual swords you like until you can get a better pair, and keeping the Orthos until you can get the Prime. Of your listed categories however, Prisma Dual Cleavers or Dual Kamas Prime are the best dual swords in my opinion, and Orthos Prime or the Lesion is likely the best polearm.

18 minutes ago, AgentEntropy said:

I'd recommend turning the Dual Kamas into the Dual Raza, keeping one of the other dual swords you like until you can get a better pair, and keeping the Orthos until you can get the Prime. Of your listed categories however, Prisma Dual Cleavers or Dual Kamas Prime are the best dual swords in my opinion, and Orthos Prime or the Lesion is likely the best polearm.

I was thinking of getting a Fragor or some other Impact-based melee weapon. Should I really keep one of the dual swords? I have the material to craft most weapons from the market and I am starting to look forward to Clan weapons. Would you have ant recommendations?

I was considering to double the mod capacity for my Orthos for the time being.

20 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Considering orthos has a prime version which is superior, i would not keep the old orthos. Same goes for the dual kamas.

Getting the Orthos Prime is too hard? I am still a bit new to the game and I dont know a lot of things. And I should keep the Orthos until I get its prime version right?

1 minute ago, GonZ77 said:

I was thinking of getting a Fragor or some other Impact-based melee weapon. Should I really keep one of the dual swords? I have the material to craft most weapons from the market and I am starting to look forward to Clan weapons. Would you have ant recommendations?

I would recommend Fragor or Scindo then. Heavy melee is quite good right now. When you get Clantech, I also recommend immediately going for the Nikana and turning it into the Dragon Nikana as soon as possible. Eventually it'll be invalidated when you get Nikana Prime, but it used to be one of the best melee weapons in the game and that hasn't changed.

Orthos Prime is actually quite obtainable. One of the easiest Primes to get last I checked.

4 minutes ago, GonZ77 said:

Getting the Orthos Prime is too hard? I am still a bit new to the game and I dont know a lot of things. And I should keep the Orthos until I get its prime version right?

Not very hard. And it will not be taken back too soon. There is also Fragor Prime.

For impact, maybe just Sonicor with potatoe?

Edited by felixsylvaris

7 minutes ago, AgentEntropy said:

I would recommend Fragor or Scindo then. Heavy melee is quite good right now. When you get Clantech, I also recommend immediately going for the Nikana and turning it into the Dragon Nikana as soon as possible. Eventually it'll be invalidated when you get Nikana Prime, but it used to be one of the best melee weapons in the game and that hasn't changed.

Orthos Prime is actually quite obtainable. One of the easiest Primes to get last I checked.

So I would end up with Orthos Prime, Fragor and Nikana.

Should I still keep the Dual Kamas/Dual Raza or would those be replaced with the Nikana

18 minutes ago, felixsylvaris said:

Turn Kamas into Razas. Craft Dual Zoren.

Orthos has prime version. Tipedo or Liason would be better.

Dual Swords are nice but not special. So do whatever.

So Instead of Orthos Prime Just Aiming for the Lesion.

I dont have many Inventory slots so should I go for Dual Zoren or the Dual Razas

Well, if you have accses to a dojo i advice you to get the split dual-dark swords as of now they are one of the top melee weapons, and for you who don't agree go try it. 

I see nobody talking about them, but they got a buff in SoTR and trust me My prisma cleavers, dual kamas prime, dual ichors (Also get these) don't stand a chance. 

I play only melee and dual swords are my weapon type of choice, screw the dual raza's and the dual zoren this is not 2013(u mad bruh? =)) and get the split dual dark sword and dual ichors until you can get Prisma cleavers and Dual kamas prime.

Orthos prime is a great choice later on when you have primed reach and maiming strike but until you have its not really that good. 

But oh man, primed reach and maiming strike on orthos prime is about the most satisfying thing i ever tried in warframe :P  

4 hours ago, GonZ77 said:

Orthos prime isn't too hard to get.

Orthos was the first weapon i used a catalyst on and for me it was worth it. Until I got my orthos prime it was my most used melee weapon in the game.

When it comes to clan weapons you probably want the jat-kittag. However keep in mind that you really want crushing ruin to make the jat kittag really fun.