Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy - slide out of the range of consoles

Been playing spy to farm Ivara lately and found one pretty annoying problem.

If you slide towards the console at an angle and press the interact button, your character will slide pass / on top of the console, cancelling the hacking screen and sound the alarm.

This is more of a problem when using fast frames or using mods like maglev.

Spent some time in game and got the following graphs:

Spoiler

62bdb63cc6.png

Green tick represents planes that you can hack the console. Red cross means you can't.

Spoiler

135e3f404d.png

This graph shows the paths that you can slide through. Cross means that you cannot slide through that edge. Note that the step below the middle arm-rest thing is pretty wide/long, and you will probably slide onto the thing.

Here's a video:

This unintentionally "feature" or "rule" really annoys me sometimes.

Possible solution:

Change the collision model of the console to a solid rectangular box

Allow players to hack even they slide out of range

It happens because cancelling hacking is treated in the same rules as failing at it, thus starting alarm. I think it was made to be used in cases you would be knocked out of the range (Bombard's rocket for example), so I don't think it will be removed.

Another solution could be to have all momentum halt to an instant stop upon entering the console.

There could also be a change where the game puts you facing directly in front of the console when activating it

Edited by Spot.

2 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Why not, y'know, SLOWING DOWN for a second? No game change required. That problem stopped for me when I learned to not rush everywhere like Crank

This is your answer. Note, spy missions are about stealth and not about meth grade speed overdose. It's about precision, stealth, and discretion. Not kicking in the door in and going in guns blazing just to hack a console under a speed timer.