Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Race to the Almighty (IC, Open for now, most certainly 18+)

KuraioNokami

59 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Yamato scoffed. "Not a hard task. You lack proper cloaking. Explain your intentions here, Grineer insect. Lest I place you on my destruction list."

"The name's Hark and I got an offer which is somewhat negotiable..."

"I'll help you find this artifact but in return for some reward money...you get to keep the prize but I simply get paid. Sounds good, or do you have a different plan in mind?"

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"The name's Hark and I got an offer which is somewhat negotiable..."

"I'll help you find this artifact but in return for some reward money...you get to keep the prize but I simply get paid. Sounds good, or do you have a different plan in mind?"

"I see no better idea here."

(I hope I have enough time to keep with *two* RPs)

A cloaked Liset and Orbiter silently entered the airspace (is there a term for the area in space over a celestial body?)over the moon Io. Mia doesn't like not knowing who this "P" is, but if the Lotus vouches for him, well then she can keep her mind open for now. Seeing that each of the six syndicates has made a stake in the ruins, she decided (in text) to send a hail to this Maru (because I don't remember if Maru met Mia or not though I'm leaning slightly to yes). If he's aiming to keep the system safe, she can see herself working alongside him at the moment. (also SM was my first syndicate, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them)

(question though, are we allowed to swap sides mid story?)

Edited by souldrive11

3 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

(I hope I have enough time to keep with *two* RPs)

A cloaked Liset and Orbiter silently entered the airspace (is there a term for the area in space over a celestial body?)over the moon Io. Mia doesn't like not knowing who this "P" is, but if the Lotus vouches for him, well then she can keep her mind open for now. Seeing that each of the six syndicates has made a stake in the ruins, she decided (in text) to send a hail to this Maru (because I don't remember if Maru met Mia or not though I'm leaning slightly to yes). If he's aiming to keep the system safe, she can see herself working alongside him at the moment. (also SM was my first syndicate, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them)

(question though, are we allowed to swap sides mid story?)

Maru responded promptly woth a set of coordinates for a landing pad.

((I never stated you were not. So yes, you are, midst you have a good reason to.))

3 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Three faint comm signals came in. One from Ma'iin, one from Zef and one from Maru. Lord was allowed to choose which one to respond to, however.

Lord pondered the three pings for a moment. He had no idea who Ma'iin was, but he recognized Maru and Zef. He decided to respond to Maru's request first. He opened the channel, but said nothing yet.

2 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord pondered the three pings for a moment. He had no idea who Ma'iin was, but he recognized Maru and Zef. He decided to respond to Maru's request first. He opened the channel, but said nothing yet.

Maru recognised the frequency all too well and tried to respond calmly. "Father. I wonder... You left the Lunar Sanctuary to Mother and grew distant. Are you contacting me because you finaly realise you have a family to attend to? Or because this is just another job?"

9 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Maru recognised the frequency all too well and tried to respond calmly. "Father. I wonder... You left the Lunar Sanctuary to Mother and grew distant. Are you contacting me because you finaly realise you have a family to attend to? Or because this is just another job?"

Lord sighed. "Maru. I know you're probably upset about that, but I left to restore the Guild. When I realized that it would fall to you and your sister, I couldn't leave you with the shambles of a clan. Your mother knows why I left and took mercenary work again."

Just now, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord sighed. "Maru. I know you're probably upset about that, but I left to restore the Guild. When I realized that it would fall to you and your sister, I couldn't leave you with the shambles of a clan. Your mother knows why I left and took mercenary work again."

Maru sighed. "Mother is worried sick, to the point that Katy has to take care of her and make sure she doesn't die. We've even contemplated placing her in Lotus Stasis. Maybe you didn't notice, but it's been TWO YEARS since you last checked in with Mother. If you have any intention of joining my cause to protect the weak, try protecting Mother from herself first. Try coming back AFTER you do so. Sayonara!"

Maru cut off the transmission. Ma'iin had lost interest and Zef was busy with a buisness call by now. Yamato saw no interest in Lord either. However, this was most likely due to his hailing transmission having been off for a while now.

6 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Maru sighed. "Mother is worried sick, to the point that Katy has to take care of her and make sure she doesn't die. We've even contemplated placing her in Lotus Stasis. Maybe you didn't notice, but it's been TWO YEARS since you last checked in with Mother. If you have any intention of joining my cause to protect the weak, try protecting Mother from herself first. Try coming back AFTER you do so. Sayonara!"

Maru cut off the transmission. Ma'iin had lost interest and Zef was busy with a buisness call by now. Yamato saw no interest in Lord either. However, this was most likely due to his hailing transmission having been off for a while now.

Lord grumbled, standing up from his comm grid. He muttered to himself, "If she's been that worried, why woudn't she contact me..." He shook his head and resent his hailing frequency. Moving to the rear compartment, he began tinkering with components, waiting for now. If the day passed without any new calls, he'd strike out on his own. 

39 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Maru responded promptly woth a set of coordinates for a landing pad.

((I never stated you were not. So yes, you are, midst you have a good reason to.))

The thoughts between the two frames wafted over to Mia in the relative emptiness of space. While she didn't hear the finer details of the conversation between Ro- no, Lord and Maru, she felt the general idea; if those two won't tell, Mia won't ask. They can tell her, or not on their own. Mia and her cephalon Luna co piloted the Liset over to the landing pad, where she landed, but kept the void cloak on and the engines on silent running, with only a slight movement of dust signalling that something had arrived.

7 hours ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord grumbled, standing up from his comm grid. He muttered to himself, "If she's been that worried, why woudn't she contact me..." He shook his head and resent his hailing frequency. Moving to the rear compartment, he began tinkering with components, waiting for now. If the day passed without any new calls, he'd strike out on his own. 

Ma'iin regained interest and responded quite promptly.

6 hours ago, souldrive11 said:

The thoughts between the two frames wafted over to Mia in the relative emptiness of space. While she didn't hear the finer details of the conversation between Ro- no, Lord and Maru, she felt the general idea; if those two won't tell, Mia won't ask. They can tell her, or not on their own. Mia and her cephalon Luna co piloted the Liset over to the landing pad, where she landed, but kept the void cloak on and the engines on silent running, with only a slight movement of dust signalling that something had arrived.

Maru appeared on board of Mia's ship in a questionable manner.

5 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Ma'iin regained interest and responded quite promptly.

Lord returned to his comms, and saw the request. He answered it promptly, sending his usual message. He waited for a response.

6 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Maru appeared on board of Mia's ship in a questionable manner.

Sensing the presence onboard her ship, it was all Mia could do to not immediately draw her weapons on Maru. (gonna assume Maru's behind Mia unless you'd like to say otherwise, Kuraio) Instead, she slowly turned around to face the Wukong and telepathically whispered "...do you have an aversion to doors...?"

5 minutes ago, souldrive11 said:

Sensing the presence onboard her ship, it was all Mia could do to not immediately draw her weapons on Maru. (gonna assume Maru's behind Mia unless you'd like to say otherwise, Kuraio) Instead, she slowly turned around to face the Wukong and telepathically whispered "...do you have an aversion to doors...?"

"I have no need for them."

23 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

"I have no need for them."

Mia mentally whispered, "...Well at least you didn't tear down the walls of my Liset to get in here..." before sitting cross legged behind the navigation segment while still facing Maru.