Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon In Warframe Suggestion

EliteGamersAcademy

Flame threading is against TOS. Read the rules.

If anyone is flaming, it's you for the fact you're telling people who don't like your idea to get out.

https://warframe.com/game/factions/tenno

Show me where the in description of Tenno it says Ninja. I never said we're ninja. I said I'm a pink Rhino with three shotgun. I am not a ninja. If this is not a run 'n gun game, why do we have so many guns, including explosives and automatic shotguns?

"Covert Agent / Mercenary which dealt in, Espionage, Sabotage, Assassination... oh wait, sounds familiar? MISSIONS? If you want a Run N' Gun, Guns A' Blazin', WARFRAME IS NOT FOR YOU!"

You just alienated most of the players.

I know what a kusarigama is. I've used one. I know what ninja weapons are, and outside of the movies and anime, they're not that exciting.

I'd like to ask a Mod to close this topic, as the creator won't be getting anyway with his rude behavior and refusal to have an actual discussion.

If anyone is flaming, it's you for the fact you're telling people who don't like your idea to get out.

https://warframe.com/game/factions/tenno

Show me where the in description of Tenno it says Ninja. I never said we're ninja. I said I'm a pink Rhino with three shotgun. I am not a ninja. If this is not a run 'n gun game, why do we have so many guns, including explosives and automatic shotguns?

"Covert Agent / Mercenary which dealt in, Espionage, Sabotage, Assassination... oh wait, sounds familiar? MISSIONS? If you want a Run N' Gun, Guns A' Blazin', WARFRAME IS NOT FOR YOU!"

You just alienated most of the players.

I know what a kusarigama is. I've used one. I know what ninja weapons are, and outside of the movies and anime, they're not that exciting.

I'd like to ask a Mod to close this topic, as the creator won't be getting anyway with his rude behavior and refusal to have an actual discussion.

Wrong, nothing has been violated, and this thread wont be closed.. no reason for it to be closed. Simply telling people to get outta my thread due to thread flaming isn't any violation.

Since when did fully automatics require to pack gun powder in the barrel? Fail... try again?

Man, you really are fixated on this whole ancient ninja theme, aren't you? You really think, that if real ninja were able to use silenced pistol, they would give a flying F*** about other ranged weaponry, especially thrown?

And explain me, why modern guns are not-ninja, but space suits with force fields, fireballs, stasis generators, cloaking devices, blades crafted with monofilament edges and all this stuff are?

And answering your question - I belive that basis of most guns is combustion of some kind of gunpowder in the barrel, never mind if gun is front loaded or uses casings. Or did ninja used railguns?

Edited by SabreUr

Ninja weapons? They used what was available to them. Period. They trained to be masters of what was around them, from farming implements to wooden planks. You think ninjas just roamed midevil japan with swords and throwing knives? Hell no, that would be a death sentence to not only them but their entire family.

To say that these weapons or that weapon is not ninja enough is bs. They used what they had, there were ninja that mastered the use of things as simple as steel rod or as deadly as a scythe. Why? Because they were farming tools, and they wouldn't get their entire family put to death for just having one and not being a samurai.

Now lets extrapolate that to the future. They aren't poor farmers anymore, they have resources. They can master any weapon they want to and to claim that they would only use old style ninja weapons considering their history is bullS#&$. They would master whatever they dam well please rather it a gun or a sword and wouldn't give to S#&$s a bout it being to modern or a weapon of a fallen enemy.

This rant coming to a end, personally I want a semi automatic like bolto rifle. Similar to maybe the latron, or give a it a two shot burst. The weapons in the game shouldnt be about what accurate from whatever silly universe you pull ninja weapons out of of.

The weapons in this game should be a bout being cool and fun to use. Not omg like this sword is so from medevil Celtic times, its just so anti ninja that we just shouldn't use it.

Edited by Alphascrub

Ninja weapons? They used what was available to them. Period. They trained to be masters of what was around them, from farming implements to wooden planks. You think ninjas just roamed midevil japan with swords and throwing knives? Hell no, that would be a death sentence to not only them but their entire family.

To say that these weapons or that weapon is not ninja enough is bs. They used what they had, there were ninja that mastered the use of things as simple as steel rod or as deadly as a scythe. Why? Because they were farming tools, and they wouldn't get their entire family put to death for just having one and not being a samurai.

Now lets extrapolate that to the future. They aren't poor farmers anymore, they have resources. They can master any weapon they want to and to claim that they would only use old style ninja weapons considering their history is bullS#&$. They would master whatever they dam well please rather it a gun or a sword and wouldn't give to S#&$s a bout it being to modern or a weapon of a fallen enemy.

This rant coming to a end, personally I want a semi automatic like bolto rifle. Similar to maybe the latron, or give a it a two shot burst. The weapons in the game shouldnt be about what accurate from whatever silly universe you pull ninja weapons out of of.

The weapons in this game should be a bout being cool and fun to use. Not omg like this sword is so from medevil Celtic times, its just so anti ninja that we just shouldn't use it.

So your telling me the Kusarigama wouldn't be fun and cool to use? Wow.. you make no sense. Ninja's crafted what they had to, to get the job done. They were assassin's and mercenaries. I'm sorry, but assassin's and mercenaries didn't use farming tools to kill. You need to get educated on the Ninja son. I'm a huge Ninja junkie when it comes to this topic, and stand my ground about my knowledge on all forms of martial arts. TKD, BJJ, JKD, Muay Thai, and what have you.  The Kusarigama was a very useful tool, considering the fact, the ball at the end of the chain was for disarming his/her foe, or better yet, pull the foe to him/her and execution a final blow w/ the kama at the other end.

As I stated before, this weapon can open up the design teams skills, and show what Warframes engine can really do.

Man, you really are fixated on this whole ancient ninja theme, aren't you? You really think, that if real ninja were able to use silenced pistol, they would give a flying F*** about other ranged weaponry, especially thrown?

And explain me, why modern guns are not-ninja, but space suits with force fields, fireballs, stasis generators, cloaking devices, blades crafted with monofilament edges and all this stuff are?

And answering your question - I belive that basis of most guns is combustion of some kind of gunpowder in the barrel, never mind if gun is front loaded or uses casings. Or did ninja used railguns?

The reason why this game is so popular is due to the fact, its more then just a Run N' Gun. There's abilities, and foremost, people LOVE the NINJA aspect. Every game out there has a Run N' Gun aspect. What game has the Ninja aspect thrown in the mix? NONE! Which makes Warframe differ.  Now, If you want to continue to tell me, these aren't Space Ninja's and say you want GUNS GUNS GUNS! Why in the livestreams do the Dev's consistently drop the "Ninja" word? If you want GUNS GUNS GUNS, go play Call Of Duty, Dead Space, Socom, or Battlefield, end of case.

Why was this moved to fanzone? Considering the fact, its a weapon feedback suggestion.  Guess you should've read the original post I posted. Oh well, I'll just make another thread.

Because it is not Weapon Feedback, but a fan concept. Those belong into the FanZone. Subsequent threads will be moved/merged here, too. I did read your OP and it did not include any feedback tangible to the current game, but a concept/idea for something you would like to see. Fan created concepts and ideas go here.

Because it is not Weapon Feedback, but a fan concept. Those belong into the FanZone. Subsequent threads will be moved/merged here, too. I did read your OP and it did not include any feedback tangible to the current game, but a concept/idea for something you would like to see. Fan created concepts and ideas go here.

Well I would've thought ideas and concepts went into weapon feedback.  Fanzone would just be fans of Warframe.  Maybe the forums need to be a little more specific on categorizations. I hope the designs and developers of Warframe look here for their community ideas and this isn't just looked over due to the section its in.

I have made very valid points on why these weapons should be implemented in the game, not just for the game, but for the game engine and the skill of the developers themselves.

Edited by BoostedRX7

I understand that. Nevertheless, your weapon idea - without judging how good it is! - is nothing the animators, sound designers, balance guys, engine guys can work with. It does not supply information on necessary changes, flaws or somesuch for existing weapons. Feedback requires prior input, hence "back" in the word - and if you come up with an idea of your own, you are not giving feedback, you are suggesting something new.

Since you and many, many others have suggestions and ideas, these are filling up the Feedback forums (true for Warframes aswell) and do not belong there (for above reasons). Hence, I am moving them here - here, fans of Warframe can come up with new ideas and concepts, and talk about these, too, to flesh out their concepts and present them to the very people who will use them one day: the players. If a particular idea sticks out, receives a lot of positive feedback and such, it will surely catch DE's attention, and if it fits their design process, it will be implemented.

The funny thing is, both sides are right, and wrong. Anyway in an attempt to try and get this thread back on track a Kusarigama is THE ninja weapon. Meant for tripping the heavily armored samurai and killing them with ease. It originated from Kama (hand sickles) and Kusari (weighted chains). Ninja didn't have "junk weapons" either... Most of their weaponry was modified farm equipment I will give you that (the kama were used for farming) but junk is a little ridiculous. Come to think of it Hate and Reaper Prime are modified farm equipment, guess you would classify those as "junk" that no one wants too. Anyway a Kusarigama is an awesome idea and we should have it. Also directly at VScipii26 you should really read more than the first line of a wiki article, kunai did have blades. There were many types of kunai too.

However, warframe is currently a run and gun game, that they want to add functional stealth to later on, so both of you are right and wrong. I say functional stealth later on because right not is pretty near impossible to stealth through missions, especially with the less "ninja" theme'd frames. (and yes its ninja's in space, watch any video if you dont believe me. "Ninjas Play Free" is like their slogan) But if this turned into a complete stealth ninja game it wouldn't be fun for a lot of people either. I'm pretty sure their goal is to try and get both types going once stealth is useable. As far as the argument "we need more guns not more melee" no we kinda need both, most of the melee weapons are useless anyway.

Also that wle.com has very little "ninja" on it. Escrima is a completely different martial art and most of the stuff I saw was chinese. Very little Japanese anything actually. Here is a much better place to look for specifically ninja things 

http://www.weapons-universe.com/Martial_Arts/Ninja/Ninja_Weapons.shtml  

TLDR: A Kusarigama would be awesome, more guns too. Its a run and gun OR a stealth ninja game. 

The funny thing is, both sides are right, and wrong. Anyway in an attempt to try and get this thread back on track a Kusarigama is THE ninja weapon. Meant for tripping the heavily armored samurai and killing them with ease. It originated from Kama (hand sickles) and Kusari (weighted chains). Ninja didn't have "junk weapons" either... Most of their weaponry was modified farm equipment I will give you that (the kama were used for farming) but junk is a little ridiculous. Come to think of it Hate and Reaper Prime are modified farm equipment, guess you would classify those as "junk" that no one wants too. Anyway a Kusarigama is an awesome idea and we should have it. Also directly at VScipii26 you should really read more than the first line of a wiki article, kunai did have blades. There were many types of kunai too.

However, warframe is currently a run and gun game, that they want to add functional stealth to later on, so both of you are right and wrong. I say functional stealth later on because right not is pretty near impossible to stealth through missions, especially with the less "ninja" theme'd frames. (and yes its ninja's in space, watch any video if you dont believe me. "Ninjas Play Free" is like their slogan) But if this turned into a complete stealth ninja game it wouldn't be fun for a lot of people either. I'm pretty sure their goal is to try and get both types going once stealth is useable. As far as the argument "we need more guns not more melee" no we kinda need both, most of the melee weapons are useless anyway.

Also that wle.com has very little "ninja" on it. Escrima is a completely different martial art and most of the stuff I saw was chinese. Very little Japanese anything actually. Here is a much better place to look for specifically ninja things 

http://www.weapons-universe.com/Martial_Arts/Ninja/Ninja_Weapons.shtml

TLDR: A Kusarigama would be awesome, more guns too. Its a run and gun OR a stealth ninja game. 

Well said and thank you for your input!