Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with last mod on broken war/ exalted blade

(PSN)kobetroy

Question

after adding my three elemental mods I have one mod slot left and I don't want to add another element due to diminishing returns. I'm stuck  between berserker and buzzkill. I already have fury to cancel out spoiled strike. I don't wanna add another speed mod and miss out on the damage buzzkill gives 120% is yhuge!!!!!!! So in your opinion should I go buzzkill or berserker 

Edited by (PS4)kobetroy

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PS4)kobetroy said:

after adding my three elemental mods I have one mod slot left and I don't want to add another element due to diminishing returns. I'm stuck  between berserker and buzzkill. I already have fury to cancel out spoiled strike. I don't wanna add another speed mod and miss out on the damage buzzkill gives 120% is yhuge!!!!!!! So in your opinion should I go buzzkill or berserker 

Without knowing your full build it's hard to say.

Berserker is probably best for DPS if you have a crit set-up. Exalted Blade's damage is evenly split between the physical damage types and for a 120% mod to be worth more than an Elemental mod for DPS the damage type it's enhancing must be at least 80% of its initial damage. If you're not running a crit build, equip an Elemental mod.

Things you have to know about EB

• It has its own stats that is unaffected by which weapon you choose
  • It is affected by Steel Charge
  • It is affected by most melee weapon mods excluding syndicate mods
  • It has x2 Crit Multiplier, 15% Crit Chance, 10% Status Chance
  • It isnt affected by whatever weapon you take whether it be Dual Cleavers or Kestrel
  • EB by itself is a longsword so regardless of which melee you equip you will get that 10% aspd bonus

I already posted a pic on the forums as to what my EB weapon build is but im too lazy to find it so here we go....

• Pressure Point: For dmg increase simple
  • Spoiled Strike: For even more dmg, since we have the 10% passive bonus we only lose 10% aspd
  • Fury: To offset the spoiled strike aspd debuff
  • Berserker: For more dps when you crit. 
  • Organ Shatter: I used to put in true steel but from my experience Organ Shatter gives more dps from the crit dmg than the incr crit chance/aspd from True Steel
  • Life Strike: Mandatory if youre using an EB excal
  • 2x Elemental Mods: Depending on what youre up against. I mainly have Corrosive. Atm I am using Focus Energy with the Toxic mod

Now my EB is built for DPS. Meaning yolo aspd spilling energy waves everywhere. Spoiled Strike and Pressure Point will give me that incr in base dmg while Berserker and Fury will supply the aspd. And believe me when Berserker procs Excal is gonna turn into a mobile sentry turret of death. Now you might think that 15% chance wont be enough. Here's the thing "I tested it" I tried putting in True Steel and the incr in crit chance only helps getting max Berserker Stacks faster however youre going to suffer dmg issues against higher lvl enemies. Organ Shatter would be a better option. Oh and if things still wont go down be sure to use Radial Blind. It helps

My suggested weapon build for EB melee is; 

(all mods are maxed except for unranked Life Strike)

1) Primed/Regular Pressure Point: Increased melee damage

2) Primed/Regular Fury: Faster melee attack speed

3) Berserker: Faster melee attack speed

4) Life Strike: Channeled melee attacks will heal your health

5~8) 4 elemental 90% mods, I usually go Corrosive(Toxin, Electric) Blast(Fire, Ice) 

-----

JFYI, My Excal build is as the following(all mods are maxed)

Focus - Naramon(Maxed Shadow Step, Deadly Intent, Focus Mastery) - Higher critical hit rate, turn invisible for 10 secs per melee crit

Aura - Steel Charge/Corrosive Projection

Exilus - Handspring

Arcane Helm: Pendragon(+15% Power Strength, -5% armor, not strictly necessary, but it helps)

1) Vitality - More health

2) Primed Flow - Increased energy cap for ability usage and Quick Thinking

3) Rage - Energy recovery when health is damaged

4) Quick Thinking - Coupled with Primed Flow greatly increases survivability

5) Fleeting Expertise - Increased Power efficiency

6) Streamline - Increased Power efficiency, coupled with Fleeting Expertise, Exalted Blade's energy drain is minimized

7) Transient Fortitude - Increased Power Strength

8) Primed Continuity - Increased Power duration for Radiant Blind

-------------

I just turn on Exalted Blade and go wild, use Radiant Blind whenever necessary, and utilize Slash Dash for mobility, mostly with bullet jumps.

...Granted, I haven't actually used it for quite some time now.

I miss the Void solo endless survival runs...

------

TL;DR: Definitely, choose Berserker, DO NOT choose Buzzkill.

Edited by NativeKiller