Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Show console gamers LOVE

Kordo

I realy hope we get this soon, bc me and all my friends are playing on console, relaxing in front of that big screen...

Just chillen'... and i bet thy are far more than me and a couple of my buddyes.

Love and poneys.

[douchenozzle: on]

I'll remind console gamers of this thread next time we have to play a shoddy console port with subpar graphics and sluggish controls. ;)

[douchenozzle: off]

I agree to the extent that, if DE offers gamepads to be used in game, they should be fully supported and their UI needs controls that allow you to actually play the game.

[douchenozzle: on]

I'll remind console gamers of this thread next time we have to play a shoddy console port with subpar graphics and sluggish controls. ;)

[douchenozzle: off]

I agree to the extent that, if DE offers gamepads to be used in game, they should be fully supported and their UI needs controls that allow you to actually play the game.

Well it's not in everyones priority 100% gamepad support.

I have yet to see an MMO that allows even complete menu gamepad support (well, DWO is pretty close).

Apart from that, with a 360 controller this game is pretty sick, I even prefer it to Mouse + Keyboard. (yes, you can already play it with that, if you haven't noticed)

*shrug* Console controllers are inferior input devices with limited applications and crutches to gap shortcomings. I know many people disagree, and say they can play much better with controllers. Of course. Because that is what they are used to. Remember what happened when PC Gamers and Playstation gamers played in the same game? Yeah. Playstation gamers would get destroyed. Mouse & keyboard are just faster and allow way more complex controls.

But, like I said before. If the game offers gamepad support, it should do it right and not just ... 50%.

I have yet to see an MMO that allows even complete menu gamepad support (well, DWO is pretty close).

Apart from that, with a 360 controller this game is pretty sick, I even prefer it to Mouse + Keyboard. (yes, you can already play it with that, if you haven't noticed)

Sir, i sincerely inform you that i just put someting of my in something of yours.

With that, i will have to mention : Colsole gaming is pretty much a big thing,

and a sweet pc game like this to get together the console gamers and the pc gamers will sure be a hit.

Another thing if i may, MMO ? are u sure u play Warframe and u say its MMO?

Fair sir. please go and talk to your parrents, to feed you more vegetables until u come and say:

"Warframe needs FULL controller suport"

@

Ced23Ric

I dont know how much u played with a controller but nvm.

Yes, keyboard is better in MMO (Thousends of spells and things to press)

and in dota.style.based games.

To say a 2012 controller is inferior and not good for gaming?... i wont even coment.

The thing is, to all that are so addicted to keyboard and mouse, Shut Up, and let the rest of us get a good game experience.

Thank you.

To say a 2012 controller is inferior and not good for gaming?... i wont even coment.

I never said it's bad for gaming. Just inferior. There is a difference. You simply don't have the speed and precision a mouse offers. Sadly, we don't have games (anymore) where this can be proven, because the last time someone tried, console gamers ate it hard. Now, do I agree that controllers are a feasible and convenient way to control a game? Damn sure. I remember playing Halo and Halo 2 on all difficulties, solo and coop, which is a multitude of hours in itself, and it was fun. I just know that mouse & keyboard would have made the game much easier, for the sake of precision and target acquisition alone.

You can disagree, and I am not saying that you or any other console gamer isn't good with a controller. Far from it. You are still slower than a PC gamer with mouse and keyboard. It's not meant to offend or attack, just a simple fact.

The thing is, to all that are so addicted to keyboard and mouse, Shut Up, and let the rest of us get a good game experience.

... I am on your side here, all in favour of giving full control pad support instead of half-assing it. But okay, I'll shut up. No need to be defensive.

Since thers no sign of any pvp, the competitive notion of this game goes down here_

And as u say, its eazy and more confortabile to play with the controller.

I know this is beta and all, but it has no dificulty grade. more than that the best player has the more kills so i can shoot them in the legs all day if i get more kills im better.

I'm glad they have controller support at all.

But button mapping and a better interface for activating powers would be nice.

Shouldnt have to back and forth select them..should be something like While holding the left bumber the face buttons change to powers...

In addition to that, I think the layout for gameplay needs some tweaking as well. Holding sprint is kinda awkward...

I dont have a problem with it myself.

They are very close.

*shrug* Console controllers are inferior input devices with limited applications and crutches to gap shortcomings. I know many people disagree, and say they can play much better with controllers. Of course. Because that is what they are used to. Remember what happened when PC Gamers and Playstation gamers played in the same game? Yeah. Playstation gamers would get destroyed. Mouse & keyboard are just faster and allow way more complex controls.

But, like I said before. If the game offers gamepad support, it should do it right and not just ... 50%.

I never said it's bad for gaming. Just inferior. There is a difference. You simply don't have the speed and precision a mouse offers. Sadly, we don't have games (anymore) where this can be proven, because the last time someone tried, console gamers ate it hard. Now, do I agree that controllers are a feasible and convenient way to control a game? Damn sure. I remember playing Halo and Halo 2 on all difficulties, solo and coop, which is a multitude of hours in itself, and it was fun. I just know that mouse & keyboard would have made the game much easier, for the sake of precision and target acquisition alone.

You can disagree, and I am not saying that you or any other console gamer isn't good with a controller. Far from it. You are still slower than a PC gamer with mouse and keyboard. It's not meant to offend or attack, just a simple fact.

... I am on your side here, all in favour of giving full control pad support instead of half-assing it. But okay, I'll shut up. No need to be defensive.

Inferior only matters when the potential lost causes a negative impact to the experiance.

Superior is only adventagous when the person playing enjoys the additional function it brings to the experiance.

Since thers no sign of any pvp, the competitive notion of this game goes down here_

And as u say, its eazy and more confortabile to play with the controller.

I know this is beta and all, but it has no dificulty grade. more than that the best player has the more kills so i can shoot them in the legs all day if i get more kills im better.

Yes exactly. With the focus on pve it doesnt matter much how much faster Keyboard and mouse can potentially be.

I dont believe warframe ever moves at such a speed that the controller isnt able to accurately keep up with.

Doesnt Tera have a pretty much 100% controller compatable set up?

While I do think most PC games are meant to be played ONLY with Mouse & Keyboard (Ex Tribes: Ascend player), I don't think this game is the case, default controller settings allow more precise movement (not aiming) and it is easier to do some stunts like sliding (click right thumbstick while holding left thumbstick).

Even meleeing is easier, since the screen shake when attacking (especially for hammer) means less when you're not touching the right thumbstick.

Overall I think they did a nice job with controller in this game and maybe it was planned to be the main way to play this game, because it just feels more...natural (try it)

Doesnt Tera have a pretty much 100% controller compatable set up?

I've yet to play Tera, does it support menu navigation too?

Edited by Kingdrake

Overall I think they did a nice job with controller in this game and maybe it was planned to be the main way to play this game, because it just feels more...natural (try it)

Say what?

I just explained (well..a while back) that controller in this game its like a lapdance, it gives u a little bit just to drive u crazy.

Some1 said "well its like 50%" NO, the moment i need mose to help me in game, keyboard in menu, its more of a 30% !

Freaking lapdancer !!

:)

Edited by Kordo

But deving controller support would take away resources from actually important stuff :|

If not being able to use a controller is keeping you from enjoying a PC game, you probably weren't enjoying it very much in the first place.

Another thing if i may, MMO ? are u sure u play Warframe and u say its MMO?

Fair sir. please go and talk to your parrents, to feed you more vegetables until u come and say:

"Warframe needs FULL controller suport"

By definition, MMO means "Massive Multiplayer Online", It does not mean the game HAS to be open world.

This game is instance based, multiplayer based, so it IS an MMO and that is what I meant.

Please don't answer like a #$&(% if nobody asked for it

Say what?

I just explained (well..a while back) that controller in this game its like a lapdance, it gives u a little bit just to drive u crazy.

Some1 said "well its like 50%" NO, the moment i need mose to help me in game, keyboard in menu, its more of a 30% !

Freaking lapdancer !!

:)

Are you even playing with controller? Menus have to be navigated with mouse and keyboard but that should not surprise you:

1- In most MMO games they don't even care about making a controller config or at least a decent one.

2- The game is still in CLOSED BETA. It's a big thing to have a controller config already, usually if they include controller support they do that in open beta or at release.

Apart from menus and hacking (which I have to admit is a bit frustrating), the gameplay is fine with controller, imo better than keyboard + mouse.

By definition, MMO means "Massive Multiplayer Online", It does not mean the game HAS to be open world.

This game is instance based, multiplayer based, so it IS an MMO and that is what I meant.

Please don't answer like a #$&(% if nobody asked for it

Please don't answer like a [whatever expletive you used] if you don't know what you are talking about.

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously.
(emphasis mine, source: http://en.wikipedia....yer_online_game)

Warframe is a cooperative dungeon crawler, supporting four players simultaneously. By your definition, 4 vs 4 CoD games classify as MMO. You are really, really wrong.

Being rude is one thing. But being rude and wrong just makes you appear as a person with despicable character.

Edited by Ced23Ric

DUDE warframe is not MMO stop freaking say that.

its not mmo bc u are not in contact with any1.

U just made an acc, u get in game - U CANT CHAT WITH NO1 unless u get into a mission - THERE IS NO basic CHAT room.

mmo woud be more call of duty or any other bc it suports even more players on map/missions

God, mmo woud be gears of war if warframe is.

Oh w8, i belive all games of Facebook are mmo's

All games ive played that have similar playstyle with Warframe had full controller suport, i tryed to search on google and controller suport seams to be pretty f-ing eazy to make - so if theres any1 desperate to say " duuude no, let them make unicorns and stfuff that are important " dont worry it.

In the end, yes its osome to play from controller but tedious to have to use the mouse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

need gamepad support, players have the same right to controller support as the do M&K, the fact that the game has no PVP means that ALMOST all arguements about how M&K is better go out the window. since its PvE, it should be more about comfort and personal preference and less about utility and precision which are all subjective anyway. i get more enjoyment out of controller and find M&K frustrating, and im also 3x better when using a controller over M&K. i dont mind using it for menus and hacks but my dislike of M&K should not automatically exclude me from enjoying PC games.

need gamepad support, players have the same right to controller support as the do M&K, the fact that the game has no PVP means that ALMOST all arguements about how M&K is better go out the window. since its PvE, it should be more about comfort and personal preference and less about utility and precision which are all subjective anyway. i get more enjoyment out of controller and find M&K frustrating, and im also 3x better when using a controller over M&K. i dont mind using it for menus and hacks but my dislike of M&K should not automatically exclude me from enjoying PC games.

AMEN

gamepad over kb and mouse, this game dosnt even need a kb and mouse and b4 u say waaa alot of buttens i mapped most of arma 2 keys with xpadder and that game has a S#&$ load of keys and the mmo thing your talking about ive played 10 or more mmos with gampad support also you kb n mouse fanboys u want a 1v1 on somthing lol u will lose to a guy using a gampad