Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've returned and need help

BulletMA

Question

Ok so I have over 2500 hours on warframe. And I took a LONG break so I took the break a little after frost prime got vaulted. After raids. So can anyone run me through the recent events, it'd help me out a crap ton, thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, BulletMA said:

Ok so I have over 2500 hours on warframe. And I took a LONG break so I took the break a little after frost prime got vaulted. After raids. So can anyone run me through the recent events, it'd help me out a crap ton, thanks in advance.

There havent been any important story based events. Anything story based that changed is still available ingame in form of quests, so i think you should play those before getting a truckload of spoilers here :)

There was 1 event that would be a spoiler for the second dream quest, that you could count as mildly advancing the story, but that is about it.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

If you don't mind spoilers, then you should know that...

Spoiler

...completing the Second Dream quest gave us the definitive knowledge that Tenno are humans who had been hidden on the moon in the void.  All along we've been dreaming there in Orokin pods, which was how we controlled our warframes (and explains why Tenno thought they were their warframes).  Now we're awake and our pods are in our orbiters.  Oh, and the moon is no longer in the void, but back in Earth orbit (though seemingly a lot closer to Earth than it should be, going by how big Earth appears in the moon's sky).  Along with having your pod in your orbiter, you get access to the Focus mechanic, which works sort of like ultimate abilities with some additional benefits as you unlock them.

Most recently, from Cephalon Fragments in the SotR update, we've learned that Ordis is not an AI (none of the Cephalons are).  He was once a human mercenary named Ordan Kellis who worked for the Orokin but secretly wanted to kill them to leave his mark on history because he found out he was dying and because the Orokin were not so nice.  So, he got into their good graces, and when they were about to reward him by turning him into one of them (that's what they said, but knowing the Orokin, they were probably lying), he killed several of them, but apparently their deaths didn't stick.  His "punishment" (and what I suspect they were going to do to him all along) was to strip his mind from his body, fragment it, and put it into a ship.  This is why Ordis occasionally "breaks down" and turns violent mid sentence - he used to be a very violent man and has to fight that side of him from time to time.

To follow up on that The Sands of Inaros quest gives a small backstory into Ki Teer's life as a kid.  Apparently Inaros was the sky guardian who protected a nearby village from Infested attacks.  One day he didn't survive his last encounter and was seperated.  His quest involves taking soul-sucking vases and killing enemies that are printed on front of it.  Once that happens you go and forth to the planet where his tomb is.  This is how you get the rest of his parts.  The quest blueprint can only be bought from Ki Teer.  It's not too expensive.  I'm just following up here.  I'm sure you've done this already.  Also Lunaro has been added.  Its basically space ninja lacrosse.  This game mode sheds a little bit of lore on how the Tenno used their spare time and competed.  Very cool actually.