Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken War(Crimson Dervish) VS Nikana Prime(Decisive Judgement)

NativeKiller

Question

IRRC, Broken War's Crimson Dervish has a wicked damage multiplier of 300% with the EEE combo.

On the other hand, Nikana Prime has higher crit and faster attack speed.

I also heard that Nikana Prime is actually supposed to have 85% damage reduction with block(like with all the other Nikanas), but that it's currently bugged to be at 60%.

Which would you recommend for pure practicality?

JFYI, I am not a Weeaboo or anything so I don't have much special love for the Katana.

Thanks, in advance! ;)

Edited by NativeKiller

9 answers to this question

For pure practicality Broken War's higher range and wide arcing slices make it more comfortable, even though technically due to the higher crit chance and damage and the higher status a Nikana would win out in a pure damage race.

Edited by Autongnosis

Just now, Autongnosis said:

For pure practicality Broken War's higher range and wide arcing slices make it more comfortable, even though technically due to the higher crit chance and damage and the higher status a Nikana would win out in a pure damage race.

Thanks for the input!

I will definitely consider your words. :)

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Woofsie said:

Still prefer Vengeful Revenant for style points. Dervish is still strong though, just feels like Revenant is better on a berserker build.

I sold my first and last Vengeful Revenant for 250p so yeah... :3

Maybe if I get blessed by the RNG again. ;)

Just now, (XB1)Woofsie said:

I got an offer of 1000p the other day, but this mod is my pride and joy.

...Seriously?

I heard that its price went down HARD after the drop chance buff. 'A'

...And I luckily sold that a few days before that happened.

Broken War

1. Crimson Dervish - good for high level enemies with its forced finisher and massive damage multiplier, less effective against stretched out crowds due to its slow attack speed.

2. Vengeful Revenant - fluid, many attacks stance with a medium speed. It loses vs Crimson Dervish against high leveled single targets due to the lack of forced finishers.

3. Iron Phoenix - uhh wat?

Nikana Prime

1. Decisive Judgement - pretty fluid combo with a medium range. I like the knockdown when you hold the melee button. Feels the best to use between all Nikana stance, but doesn't have much use at higher levels other than throwing enemies with the "hold melee".

2. Tranquil Cleave - clunky combos and low maneuverability. I avoid this stance.

3. Blind Justice - almost all of this stance's combos are good, especially the one where you hold right click (except the basic attack one which is very slow and awkward). I personally prefer this stance for the dps and closing gap combos.

I have both weapons and I have specific builds tailored for the "Finisher Proc" however I will vouch for B-War with Crimson Dervish. Here's why

• Crimson Dervish will be able to "Finisher Proc" faster than Decisive Judgement (Just have to wait for 4 attacks)
  • Crimson Dervish is easier to pull off (Hold rmb and spam E)
  • Crimson Dervish has that 300x multiplier (This means its great even for clearing high lvl trash mobs unlike Decisive Judgement)
  • With a max aspd build Crimson Dervish is easier to manage and can be done consecutively
  • With max aspd Crimson Dervish's "immobility" is cancelled out where as max aspd will only make Decisive Judgement more difficult to pull off

Now for the build im using (Im sorry, Im too lazy to post a picture D:)

• Pressure Point: Incr Melee dmg
  • Fury: Incr Aspd
  • Berserker: Moar Aspd
  • BloodRush/TrueSteel: The point of this is to get crits for Berserker and not crits for dmg
  • BodyCount/OrganShatter/SpoiledStrike: This is optional, choose depending on what you like
  • Life Strike: I cannot live without having a Life Strike on my melee
  • Vicious Frost: For Viral elemental and for incr chance to proc Viral
  • Virulent Scourge: For Viral elemental and for incr chance to proc Viral *trollface

I used that build on both Broken-Dervish and Nikana-Judgement an as I stated, I think Broken-War is better. As you can tell this build is focused on those proced finishers, viral proc will ensure whatever youre attacking will die. This has been tested several times on lvl 90 corrupted (bombards, heavy gunners, and a mix of all lvl 90 corrupted) in the simularcum. Results? Everything is dead after that Coiling Impale.

23 minutes ago, Jangkrik said:

Broken War

1. Crimson Dervish - good for high level enemies with its forced finisher and massive damage multiplier, less effective against stretched out crowds due to its slow attack speed.

2. Vengeful Revenant - fluid, many attacks stance with a medium speed. It loses vs Crimson Dervish against high leveled single targets due to the lack of forced finishers.

3. Iron Phoenix - uhh wat?

Nikana Prime

1. Decisive Judgement - pretty fluid combo with a medium range. I like the knockdown when you hold the melee button. Feels the best to use between all Nikana stance, but doesn't have much use at higher levels other than throwing enemies with the "hold melee".

2. Tranquil Cleave - clunky combos and low maneuverability. I avoid this stance.

3. Blind Justice - almost all of this stance's combos are good, especially the one where you hold right click (except the basic attack one which is very slow and awkward). I personally prefer this stance for the dps and closing gap combos.

13 minutes ago, 8BitCardinal said:

I have both weapons and I have specific builds tailored for the "Finisher Proc" however I will vouch for B-War with Crimson Dervish. Here's why

• Crimson Dervish will be able to "Finisher Proc" faster than Decisive Judgement (Just have to wait for 4 attacks)
  • Crimson Dervish is easier to pull off (Hold rmb and spam E)
  • Crimson Dervish has that 300x multiplier (This means its great even for clearing high lvl trash mobs unlike Decisive Judgement)
  • With a max aspd build Crimson Dervish is easier to manage and can be done consecutively
  • With max aspd Crimson Dervish's "immobility" is cancelled out where as max aspd will only make Decisive Judgement more difficult to pull off

Now for the build im using (Im sorry, Im too lazy to post a picture D:)

• Pressure Point: Incr Melee dmg
  • Fury: Incr Aspd
  • Berserker: Moar Aspd
  • BloodRush/TrueSteel: The point of this is to get crits for Berserker and not crits for dmg
  • BodyCount/OrganShatter/SpoiledStrike: This is optional, choose depending on what you like
  • Life Strike: I cannot live without having a Life Strike on my melee
  • Vicious Frost: For Viral elemental and for incr chance to proc Viral
  • Virulent Scourge: For Viral elemental and for incr chance to proc Viral *trollface

I used that build on both Broken-Dervish and Nikana-Judgement an as I stated, I think Broken-War is better. As you can tell this build is focused on those proced finishers, viral proc will ensure whatever youre attacking will die. This has been tested several times on lvl 90 corrupted (bombards, heavy gunners, and a mix of all lvl 90 corrupted) in the simularcum. Results? Everything is dead after that Coiling Impale.

Alright, looks like I will probably just keep using my Broken War with Crimson Dervish.

Thanks for the input! :)