Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How exactly does Manic spawning work?

Tenno_Sigma

Question

I'm trying to get ash and so I need to find out how to best farm Grineer Manics. I know that I can do 15 mins of survival to get one to spawn, but I want to see what my other options are. (I can't do the LoR raid because I'm not strong enough and don't have any others to do it with, so don't bother suggesting it.)

I know that they spawn when the alarms are going, but not exactly how that works. Is their spawning chance based on time that the alarm has been going on, or is it predetermined when an alarm is set off whether or not if it will spawn a manic? Would it be better to let an alarm be set off and leave it going permanently or would it be better to let an alarm be set off and wait a short while before deactivating it and then let another be set off and repeat?

15 answers to this question

Just now, HighBornMerchant said:

High Level Missions, Alarm Must me active.

That does not answer the question I asked at all. I know they spawn on high level missions when the alarm is active, but is it based on how long it's been active or is it a random chance whenever the alarm goes off?

1 minute ago, HyperDarkShadow said:

That does not answer the question I asked at all. I know they spawn on high level missions when the alarm is active, but is it based on how long it's been active or is it a random chance whenever the alarm goes off?

Alarm must be active at all times (dont turn it off). think of them the swat team, no alarm no worries.

I tend to get more from sab/spy missions

12 minutes ago, HighBornMerchant said:

Alarm must be active at all times (dont turn it off). think of them the swat team, no alarm no worries.

I tend to get more from sab/spy missions

Thank you, that's been bugging me for a while. Another thing that would be nice to know, what exactly does 'high level' mean? The highest I have access to right now for grineer is saturn, is that high level enough or do I need to try to get to a better planet?

6 minutes ago, HyperDarkShadow said:

Thank you, that's been bugging me for a while. Another thing that would be nice to know, what exactly does 'high level' mean? The highest I have access to right now for grineer is saturn, is that high level enough or do I need to try to get to a better planet?

35+ ish

Sedna

Edited by HighBornMerchant

well i have a counter statement to that.  if you do a grineer survival mission right you HAVE to set off the alarms.  Afterwards you dont hear them anymore. So they are off.  After the 15-17 minute mark they will show up.  They will spawn every time at this point in the mission.  When I am key farming this is my favorite part.  :) so yeah. hopefully this will speed things up for you.

12 minutes ago, MhBlis said:

Uranus boss spawns them. And he's pretty easy to kill. It's been my most reliable way of getting them to appear.

Those are Drekar Manics.  Depending on just what the OP needs Manics for, he may not be able to use those.

1 minute ago, Arkvold said:

Those are Drekar Manics.  Depending on just what the OP needs Manics for, he may not be able to use those.

He said for ash. Pretty sure they are fine for that.

To OP.
The old phobos used to be where they started showing up when alarms were kept active (level 14-20ish range if I recall). With the new star system it's very hard to be certain but around that level range with an active alarm SHOULD do the trick.

5 minutes ago, hammerheathen said:

He said for ash. Pretty sure they are fine for that.

To OP.
The old phobos used to be where they started showing up when alarms were kept active (level 14-20ish range if I recall). With the new star system it's very hard to be certain but around that level range with an active alarm SHOULD do the trick.

The Tyl Regor fight Maniacs no longer drop Ash parts.  I've been doing the new Draco survival for the parts I still need.

2 hours ago, Jesterof_Chaos said:

The Tyl Regor fight Maniacs no longer drop Ash parts.  I've been doing the new Draco survival for the parts I still need.

That's unfortunate. I could swear they used to. I knew when they made the switch new players would have a hell of a time getting Ash.

On 7/19/2016 at 1:25 PM, HighBornMerchant said:

...it has to be mob activated alarms not yourself (survival)

This part is untrue.  A manic will usually spawn at Titan (Saturn survival) somewhere around the 20 to 25 minute mark.