Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Fragments Mars

SkillPill

Question

So to get to phobos i have to scan these cephalon fragments and i have a few questions

1. How do i find them?

2.Is there a way to progress in the game without doing this mission

3.How do they look like?

4.Where can i find them?

4 answers to this question

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fragments

You can find them in any mission type (except Defense I think?) so I suggest you to run a Exterminate/Capture mission since they're faster, and explore the map a little while completing the objective, they look like this:

chrome_2016-07-20.jpg

If you have Loot Detector/Animal Insinct or other mods like those, you can even see them on your mini-map (picture provided by the wiki page, by the way)

latest?cb=20160709182404

After you scan one, simply get to the extraction point and re-run the mission to scan another one, repeat until you've got the number required.

To answer you last question, I think you need to complete this task before you can complete the Phobos Junction, you can't skip it.

This is something the developers added recently to make the new players actually play through all planets instead of just skipping half the star map to get directly to the higher level missions, anyway it's really easy and not very time-consuming.

Good Luck!

Edited by RyogoKusama

1: Using any mod that has "Loot Radar" is a great help. These mods include "Thief's Wit", "Loot Detector", and "Animal Instinct". What you're looking for will be marked on your map as a blue icon with squares. 

2: No.

3: Glowing bright cyan-coloured chunk of geometric shapes with more smaller shapes surrounding it. About as big as an explosive barrel.

4: One is guaranteed to spawn in every single mission you play in. Sometimes they spawn in plain view of where you would otherwise go, but sometimes they may be a bit more hidden, which is why Loot Radar is good to have.

Once you find one, you need a Codex Scanner to scan it. They are obtained from the Market at 100 credits each.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox