Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Rework & Tweaks

drakegt

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

I see your point, and disagree with, but that begs a question. What is a good basis to say so, in your opinion?

Also, do health and energy restores count as one if those bonused, becuase I think they make power efficiency obsolete to some varying degree, and people seem to always rely on them. I'm often in missions randomly getting health and energy from them. (I never use them, because I'm ultra cheap.)

(Also, if I do manage invest in Unairu enouugh, I will definitely test it out with Oberon, becuase I think it can work well. I was gonna add that to my other post, but the forum on tablets has issues.)

The basis is just look at the actual abilities at base. Does it do what its supposed to do well? In this case you look at the kit as a whole too, do the abilities mesh well together? For example, Smite - its good. It does what its supposed to do very well. Hallowed Ground - Not so good, it does something just not enough of it to really make a difference. Renewal - its okay, but its duration needs fixing cause it conflicts with his other powers. Reckoning - its decent, duration could use a buff. And together as a kit they're a bit clunky. HG does armor, DoT that's unnoticed and stat immunity, Renewal does health and a crap status heal. Reckoning has an unnecessary health drop. You see where i'm going with this? Oberon isn't a bad frame, his kit is just messy with some effects redundant and other effects unnecessary or not as useful as they should be and it isn't to say that the redundant effects stack or have synergy - they're just messy. Those effects need to be revisited, condense some to a single ability, mesh others together in a way that makes sense, remove/replace others.   

You can mod however and add as many passives as you like to make him playable but those core problems still exist and for me at least that should be the point of every Oberon rework thread.