Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clapping banned in a school?!

(PSN)zeratul____12

7 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

A Primary School in Sydeny Australia has banned clapping and replaced it with "pulling excited faces" and "silent cheering" to respect student who are "sensitive to noise". The world has offically lost its damned mind.

The world's gotten too soft. Next thing we know, a simple greeting would result in a lawsuit.

Oh wait.

"Jennifer Connell is suing her then 8-year-old family member who knocked her to the ground in what was described in a complaint as a "forceful greeting." 

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/10/14/woman-sues-family-member-injury-lawsuit-pkg.wfsb

Edited by RetiredEdgeLord

"Primary School"

Young people tend to clap excessively. Those should be taught that a few calm claps are sufficient. I am surprised by that news (source, please?). Though banning clapping altogether may be a good experiment to see if we can live without it.

5 minutes ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

The world's gotten too soft.

I remember hearing about that, the lady is straight up scum. She was just looking for an excuse to get lots of money quickly.

If I was the judge I would have laughed her butt out of the court room.

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12

4 hours ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

The world's gotten too soft. Next thing we know, a simple greeting would result in a lawsuit.

Oh wait.

"Jennifer Connell is suing her then 8-year-old family member who knocked her to the ground in what was described in a complaint as a "forceful greeting." 

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/10/14/woman-sues-family-member-injury-lawsuit-pkg.wfsb

IIRC, she is suing because it's the only way to get the insurance company to pay for whatever injury she sustained, thanks to how absurdly expensive any medical treatment is. Maybe she fell over awkwardly and broke her hip or something. Pretty sure the family is fine with it. But hey, don't let that get in the way of a good story.