Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal Is A Joke

BoompigXD

Cause right now he's an absolute JOKE!!! You can hide behind the pillars to avoid his gatling gun. He gives you a constant stream of ammo and energy. It's VERY easy to destroy his legs. The only things that is remotely threatening is the Mine ospreys, his shockwave and his insta-kill Grenades. Even then thats pushing it.

The easiest solution is to take away the pillars and the ammo/energy supply.

once you know a strategy its easier to do anything.

first time you walk thru the door is another matter entirely.

if you design everything on a person who is fully prepared and knowledgeable you make it too hard for those that DONT want to research the hell out of everything and know it in advance.

its often called one of the most fun bosses in the game. because of the fact that there is more going on than just shooting him to death.

lets not ruin the first boss that was actually fun for most people.

Edited by MetalGerbil

once you know a strategy its easier to do anything.

first time you walk thru the door is another matter entirely.

if you design everything on a person who is fully prepared and knowledgeable you make it too hard for those that DONT want to research the hell out of everything and know it in advance.

its often called one of the most fun bosses in the game. because of the fact that there is more going on than just shooting him to death.

lets not ruin the first boss that was actually fun for most people.

I'm not saying that he should become a bullet sponge. I said to take away the Pillars and ammo/energy supply.

You can hide behind those and he'll never hit you and you will be able to unleash your Ult's a lot because there's always ammo/energy around.

Yes, Jackal is easy. For me. Now. When I'm Mastery Rank 7. And a lucky double critical from my snipetron can take half his HP bar in one shot.

First time my girlfriend and group got to Jackal, everyone died at least once until we even figured what to do and then took a long time with rank 15 weapons with rank 2 mods to bring him down.

Jackal could be more dangerous, yes, but don't just say the second boss in the game is too easy because you can kill it easily.

i actually somewhat agree with both parties here, while i certainly agree its a fun boss and should be accessible to newer players who don't have fully leveled warframes and weapons,

i also feel in his current state he is just too easy, especially for a 4man team, even solo he's pretty easy once you have a somewhat decent weapon, allowing you to kill him while taking almost no damage at all, so i do feel a slight buff would be a good choice for this boss

Yeah when I'm new to Warframe, I teamed up with 3 of my friends and we spent around 20 minutes to kill the Jackal, after the first time, we felt the fun, so we go for it once more, that's a good feeling to new player :D

I actually just soloed him for the first time, so yeah, he's pretty easy, but I like how there is actually a strategy to defeating him as opposed to many of the other bosses. Perhaps they should add a stronger version of him to later planets that still uses similar mechanics, but has less cover and new, more dangerous attacks (not counting Hyena since he's just a "spam bullets" boss).

I actually just soloed him for the first time, so yeah, he's pretty easy, but I like how there is actually a strategy to defeating him as opposed to many of the other bosses. Perhaps they should add a stronger version of him to later planets that still uses similar mechanics, but has less cover and new, more dangerous attacks (not counting Hyena since he's just a "spam bullets" boss).

Hyena will be revamped and is supposed to be a direct upgrade to the Jackal. Ambulas is the upgrade over Hyena and does he look like he's serious too? ;p

I'd like the Hyena boss to actually be multiple Hyena units with less health/shields each. That's the only real challenge with Hyena, is getting those damn shields down. It'd be more interesting if there were, say, 4 Hyenas shooting those rockets at you.

EDIT: You will probably have to remove the ground stomp, though. Personally, I think that it's just an obnoxious attack, anyway. No damage, it just puts you on the ground for what feels like 10 seconds, and he uses it SO often when there's someone trying to melee him.

Edited by XCodes

I'd like the Hyena boss to actually be multiple Hyena units with less health/shields each. That's the only real challenge with Hyena, is getting those damn shields down. It'd be more interesting if there were, say, 4 Hyenas shooting those rockets at you.

EDIT: You will probably have to remove the ground stomp, though. Personally, I think that it's just an obnoxious attack, anyway. No damage, it just puts you on the ground for what feels like 10 seconds, and he uses it SO often when there's someone trying to melee him.

Yea but you can turn that attack around on him. Instead of hanging back and shooting him, stay close and every time he does it, jump and melee.

However, Hyena should be a boss fight, not only against multiple of them, they should also employ tactical AI maneuvers ranging from charging as a pack to retreating when wounded, using cover themselves(I've seen the current one do it to much amusement), though they should also break off to individually attack all tennos at once, releasing missiles as a barrage together at one single player or just bombarding the entire fighting area with unguided missiles. However, 1 of the 2 current areas that you can fight him in now is just a poor area for him. It's kinda dumbfounding that they have a fight against him that actually puts him at a major disadvantage. Quite frankly their arena should be a large no-ceiling area that has lots of level ground for them to constantly run up and down hallways of boxes to attack/retreat from/to. Hell one of the major threats should be getting surrounded by 2 of them in a hallway as they charge up a major attack to annihilate you while they put up their bullet absorbing shields, your only option being to jump the wall. There's a lot that a fight against a "pack" of animal-like bosses could be and do. I'm really looking forward to what they do with the Hyena revamp.

Cause right now he's an absolute JOKE!!! You can hide behind the pillars to avoid his gatling gun. He gives you a constant stream of ammo and energy. It's VERY easy to destroy his legs. The only things that is remotely threatening is the Mine ospreys, his shockwave and his insta-kill Grenades. Even then thats pushing it.

The easiest solution is to take away the pillars and the ammo/energy supply.

please go show us a speedrun of jackal with unranked excal, braton mk1, lato and skana. unranked everything.

I always assumed bosses in Warframe weren't supposed to be very difficult to defeat, but just tedious to defeat i.e. Lots of health, and they don't instakill people. I like it more tedious anyway, since it allows a wider range of players to fight the boss, rather than just those with brilliant damage. It's easy for the well equipped players, but the people who are new to Venus would have so much trouble defeating it. At the moment, even noobs can defeat it, it just takes time.

Oh no, this boss is easy with my super end-game weapon. There's something wrong.

/thread

F***, my hate makes him fall with each hit...I still understand that's an end game weapon though and the equivalent of going back to where you first spawned at level 1 in an mmorpg and killing the low level AI's just to see how powerful you are now you 60 levels above them.

Edited by General-Griffin

I'm not saying that he should become a bullet sponge. I said to take away the Pillars and ammo/energy supply.

You can hide behind those and he'll never hit you and you will be able to unleash your Ult's a lot because there's always ammo/energy around.

removing those wouldn't help much, seeing as he can easily be stunlocked with a decently modded weapon, or he'll become impossible for people without a good weapon as he has pretty much perfect aim and there would be no cover