Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Vault / Prime Access "status"

Klydoris

Question

If I understood it correctly, with buying a Prime Access Pack you gain a special "status" ingame with some benefits, so If I buy a Prime Vault pack, do I get the "Prime Status" ingame, e.g. able to launch one more extrator etc. or is this only with buying "Prime Access" packs?

As a new player, I have to say that I think the explanation of these two should be a bit more thorough. I still have difficulties understanding exactly, what for example buying the current vauban prime access pack means. Is it "only" the benefit of getting the Prime Vauban, the Weapons and Cosmetics easier and faster or is there some kind of subscription to this Prime Access thingy. Sorry, if this sounds weird for experienced players here but I simply don't get it why I would pay 80 Euros for getting a above mentioned content, because the "cheap" pack doesn't even contain the warframe itself.

Second thing I don't get is, why is it possible to buy the Accessories for the Prime Access pack seperate but there is no way to buy the accessories for the Prime Vault Pack. So basically, If I only want e.g. the Armor Set of the Mag Prime, I still have to buy the whole pack.

Edited by Klydoris

9 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Klydoris said:

If I understood it correctly, with buying a Prime Access Pack you gain a special "status" ingame with some benefits, so If I buy a Prime Vault pack, do I get the "Prime Status" ingame, e.g. able to launch one more extrator etc. or is this only with buying "Prime Access" packs?

Prime Access do NOT guarantee "special" access. There is NO any "Prime Status". Prime Access appears about every 90 days with the current new Prime Warframe, Weapons, and Accessories.The main Prime Access Pack allow you to BUY and have immediate use of the newest Prime Warframe and Weapon(s). It's a real money solution to getting items without farming them yourself. Extractors or other special items are limited to certain Prime Access. Whatever is listed in the pack is what you get. No extra. ALL gameplay items in Warframe CAN BE FARM!  

As a new player, I have to say that I think the explanation of these two should be a bit more thorough. I still have difficulties understanding exactly, what for example buying the current vauban prime access pack means. Is it "only" the benefit of getting the Prime Vauban, the Weapons and Cosmetics easier and faster or is there some kind of subscription to this Prime Access thingy. Sorry, if this sounds weird for experienced players here but I simply don't get it why I would pay 80 Euros for getting a above mentioned content, because the "cheap" pack doesn't even contain the warframe itself.

As explained above, buying Vauban Prime Access allows you immediate access of Vauban Prime, Akstiletto Prime, and Fraggor Prime. There is no subscription. It's a one-time transaction. The reason why Prime Accessory only contain accessory is because Prime Accessories CANNOT BE FARM. The only way to get them is buying Prime Accessory Pack. 

Second thing I don't get is, why is it possible to buy the Accessories for the Prime Access pack seperate but there is no way to buy the accessories for the Prime Vault Pack. So basically, If I only want e.g. the Armor Set of the Mag Prime, I still have to buy the whole pack.

Prime Vault is the re-releasing of OLD Prime Warframe that has momentarily lock away and cannot no be farm in game. When a Prime Vault opens, those items are farmable.

Example: Currently there is Mag Prime Access

• You normally cannot farm Mag Prime, Dakra Prime, or Boar Prime
  • but between June 29 - July 27, you are able to farm these items

Just now, ShiraHagane said:

Because the prime accessory packs themselves cost 60 bucks, you should be glad you're getting some plat with it

I didn't mean to sound rude, I just want to understand the system behind these two Prime "branches".

At first thanks for your compehensive answer, this really explains a lot.

I think one thing you misunderstood in my initial post though. Regarding the extractors I mentioned, in the Wiki there is stated that players with Founder or Prime Access status do get +1 Extractor per mastery bracket. So I wanted to know if this is only applicable with buying the Prime Access pack or with the Prime Vault pack, too.

Again, thanks for your detailed answer :)

Wiki-Link (info found under "Number of deployable drones": Link to Wiki

Edited by Klydoris

I believe you may have been a little confused, because the wiki page you linked says, copy and pasted: 

"The number of resource drones you can deploy is dependent on your Mastery Rank and whether or not you have Founder/Prime Access status"

Therefor you found the answer yourself, but just misread it. If you're still confused, it means that everybody gets an extra deploy-able extractor per mastery rank bracket, regardless of founder, prime access or any sort of "premium" packages and such. I hope this clears it up.

Edited by WorldCreator123

2 minutes ago, WorldCreator123 said:

I believe you may have been a little confused, because the wiki page you linked says, copy and pasted: "The number of resource drones you can deploy is dependent on your Mastery Rank and whether or not you have Founder/Prime Access status" Therefor you found the answer to your question yourself but just misread it. If you're still confused, it means that everybody gets an extra deploy-able extractor per mastery rank bracket, regardless of founder, prime access or any sort of "premium" packages and such. I hope this clears it up.

The sentence confusing me indeed is this one in the linked page, right below the paragraph you quoted: 

Having Founder/Prime access lets you deploy one more additional drone. 

• Mastery 0–4: 1 drone
  • Mastery 5-9: 2 drones
  • Mastery 10+: 3 drones
  • Founder: +1 drone
  • Prime Access: +1 drone

Edited by Klydoris

It seems I overlooked that after i found what l thought was confirmation of something I'd known.

As it turns out, DE makes it a very unnoticeable "perk" included with prime access, I could barely find any references of it anywhere, nor is it advertised on the prime access page. As part of the original question, it seems to be prime vault unsealing packages do not essentially count as "prime access" so I would assume it would not give you your extra extractor, though there doesn't seem to be any sources to confirm or deny this, however I wouldn't buy a prime vault package just to find out.

The best "answer" there is seems to be an assumption, unless somebody here has bought a prime vault package and can confirm or deny it.

Ok, thanks a lot. In case it sounded that way, I don't want to buy any of these packages just for the extra extractor :P Was just curious if it is applicable to both types and whether it is a "Wiki-Myth" or not.

Thanks so far to all of you for your answers!

I would really like to be able to select two "best answers" but as this is not possible I will select (PS4)A_SimpleNames one because of his detailed post. So thanks again to all of you.

Edited by Klydoris
trouble selecting "best answer"