Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki

Loki

Desired by advanced players, Loki offers a variety of reconfiguring abilities. The abnormality of Loki's powers allows players to manipulate the battlefield.

so I played loki for some time and I think it needs to be redone a bit,I don't whine anything like "OMG NEED MORE DAMAGE TO PWN LIKE VOLT"

no,but volt has useful abilities in group, loki has only 1 and it's 4th(also how is it?)

I like loki because he can provide interesting gameplay not like press 4 to win but in group he is almost useless.

he is not damage dealer.also he is not stealther because there is no stealth,he could be sniper but against heavy enemy he is useless while other can kill not only 1 they can kill a crowd which really helps team.

for me the only useful skill is invisibly this is the only way to kill crowd of infected heavys,

other like creating a copy is almost every time useless because

a)I see target and I can kill it

b)I didn't sow target and it is near me which means copy will not help

switch teleport is interesting skill but it costs too much and it doesn't work with heavy mobs

I mean it could be great if loki could somehow force enemy to suicide or give team buffs

so he could be useful in team

• Loki's [1] provides distraction, for a fair amount of time. It also gives Loki a target for Switch Teleport, allowing him to get anywhere he likes.
  • Loki's [2] allows him to revive or hack without being shot. He can also flank/get behind larger groups of enemies and deals more damage in melee.
  • Loki's [3] allows him to get friendlies out of tight spots (even when they are down) and take over the tanking, or, with [1], get anywhere he likes.
  • Loki's [4] disarms groups of enemies, forcing them into melee - and if you run from them, they cannot shoot you anymore. Good relief ability.

He's a pretty great group player.

Edited by Ced23Ric

• Loki's [1] provides distraction, for a fair amount of time. It also gives Loki a target for Switch Teleport, allowing him to get anywhere he likes.
  • Loki's [2] allows him to revive or hack without being shot. He can also flank/get behind larger groups of enemies and deals more damage in melee.
  • Loki's [3] allows him to get friendlies out of tight spots (even when they are down) and take over the tanking, or, with [1], get anywhere he likes.
  • Loki's [4] disarms groups of enemies, forcing them into melee - and if you run from them, they cannot shoot you anymore. Good relief ability.

He's a pretty great group player.

distraction?it won't help in group+switch teleport costs 100 energy.. also no help

well I like 2nd skill

loki tanking rly?and 75 for teleport..

4th could be useful

so loki should wait till something needs to be hacked or teleport somebody?

I have a supercharged loki lvl 30, and let me tell you he is quite strong.

At level 30 you have 200 energy, therefore you can spam invisibility 4 times wich enables you to slice'n dice entire hordes of enemies for ages. Besides you can revive/hack/sneak with almost no risk. And you have 100% crit chance while you're invisible. Definetly [2] ability is the strongest 4 me.

You can also use your clone while you're behind cover, being able to kill a few enemies without a hit being taken..

In my opinion the third ability is almost useless. The only situation it becomes useful for me is when a team mate is down and he has an enemy closer to him than i am. Besides that I've only seen it being used to harass other players and is way to expensive in terms of energy.

Loki's ultimate is useful in those "Oh S#&$!!" moments, because when enemies are overrunning you, you're able to make them chase you and kite them to death.

Altough he has no direct damaging abilities, i think he has good utility/survivability.

I dont know, i cant count the times i revived a friend of mine when we were low level and dealing with some bosses and missions. Sure now, when we are relatively good geared and at low risk of things going wrong, it may seem that damage warframes are cooler. But while we were progressing a lot of the missions were saved by invisibility hacks and revives or decoy'ed bosses and rooms.

And when it comes to solo play, there is no other warframe i would rather be.

Edited by Indiscipline

Decoy: Almost every enemy and boss will fall for Loki's Decoys and attack it in preference of players. They're cheap but extremely effective. They can really take the heat off you if you're getting mobbed by multiple Infested Ancients, for instance. By far my most-used power regardless of how I'm playing.

Cloak: Ced already nailed this one. The ability to revive/hack without being shot at is very useful. Revive especially so in teamplay. I'm not sure about the 100% crit-rate claims but being able to wind up and deliver multiple charge attacks with minimal risk of interruption is great.

Switch Teleport: This power is of varying utility, but it remains one of my most-used powers becaose of how you can combine it with a Decoy. Being shot at? Drop a decoy behind the enemy, ST with the Decoy, and now they're shooting at the Decoy and you're behind them. Backstabbing ensues. Need to cross a big room in a hurry? Decoy+ST. 100 power is pretty cheap for an instant teleport that also distracts anyone that was chasing you.

Radial Disarm: Very very useful. It used to be broken as hell when it worked on bosses, but the ability to immediately shut down incoming fire from nearby foes is invaluable. You could use cloak to sneak into a middle of a group of enemies attacking your team, then disarm them all! One of it's primary uses, I find, is neutralizing Grineer Heavies (Bombards and Minigunners in particular) and Shield Ospreys.

"Wait, Shield Ospreys?", I hear you ask. Yes, Shield Ospreys. Enemies that have been hit with Radial Disarm cannot be shielded by a Shield Osprey. Additionally, all Ospreys hit by a Radial Disarm are grounded, and glide along the floor with a significant loss of maneuverability - this makes them easier to shoot, and much easier to hit with melee weapons.

Summary: The Loki is a solid solo frame with decent co-op utility. You just have to know how and when to use those powers in order to utilize them at their full potential.

Edited by Arcalane

Decoy: Almost every enemy and boss will fall for Loki's Decoys and attack it in preference of players. They're cheap but extremely effective. They can really take the heat off you if you're getting mobbed by multiple Infested Ancients, for instance. By far my most-used power regardless of how I'm playing.

Cloak: Ced already nailed this one. The ability to revive/hack without being shot at is very useful. Revive especially so in teamplay. I'm not sure about the 100% crit-rate claims but being able to wind up and deliver multiple charge attacks with minimal risk of interruption is great.

Switch Teleport: This power is of varying utility, but it remains one of my most-used powers becaose of how you can combine it with a Decoy. Being shot at? Drop a decoy behind the enemy, ST with the Decoy, and now they're shooting at the Decoy and you're behind them. Backstabbing ensues. Need to cross a big room in a hurry? Decoy+ST. 100 power is pretty cheap for an instant teleport that also distracts anyone that was chasing you.

Radial Disarm: Very very useful. It used to be broken as hell when it worked on bosses, but the ability to immediately shut down incoming fire from nearby foes is invaluable. You could use cloak to sneak into a middle of a group of enemies attacking your team, then disarm them all! One of it's primary uses, I find, is neutralizing Grineer Heavies (Bombards and Minigunners in particular) and Shield Ospreys.

"Wait, Shield Ospreys?", I hear you ask. Yes, Shield Ospreys. Enemies that have been hit with Radial Disarm cannot be shielded by a Shield Osprey. Additionally, all Ospreys hit by a Radial Disarm are grounded, and glide along the floor with a significant loss of maneuverability - this makes them easier to shoot, and much easier to hit with melee weapons.

Summary: The Loki is a solid solo frame with decent co-op utility. You just have to know how and when to use those powers in order to utilize them at their full potential.

All my this.

Decoy is invaluable with heavy units and boss fights, allows you a still target that won't shoot at you. Cloak is useful for melee and avoiding damage as stated. Switch teleport is great for traversing rooms, bypassing locked doors (either glitched or just plain locked) allows high vantange points, and general tomfoolery (namely screwing with your teamates :D).

Now for my favorite, the most useful ability ever, Radial Disarm. Other than boss units (and it used to work on boss units, man that was @(*()$ fantastic) it will remove ranged attacks and special abilities from any enemies. this is a little annoying on corpus walkers though because they kick hard! Just kite everything, remove aoe attacks, and demolish shield grineer and you are set for life!

My main complaints about Loki is that Switch Teleport costs too much and has too short a range. It is not really worth using a mode slot for range increase just for that one skill, given how situational it is. Unless range increase, also increased the duration/durability of abilities like Decoy and Invisiblity, none of Loki's other skills would really benefit from it either.

Other than that, Loki is the most effective frame for escaping a fight.

I would also suggest that Radial Disarm be turn into a Radial Disable or Radial Shutdown ability that would not just shut down the weapons of humanoids, but disable turrets, cameras, laser doors, walker guns, and all their shields. As for bosses, I would ask that it only strip and shut down their shield regeneration.

This would still keep the ability passive, but put it on par in terms of value with the 4th skills of other frames.

Edited by Ryme

With ST maxed out I haven't found any situation where I can sling a decoy further than I can target it with ST. I don't often target enemies with ST though.

-------------------------------

I must admit though, Loki is pretty dependant on his weapons being useful. Decoy can't tank everything:<

Indeed. I have a max-rank Loki, max-rank Braton and a near-max-rank Lex, backed up by a mid-rank Fragor. It's a nice arrangement of killing power. I use the Braton for multiple Ancients or swarms (it has a 3m Puncture mod) and it can chew through Grineer and Corpus relatively quickly. The Lex is a 4m-puncturing beast that can drop all but very high-level Corpus Crewmen with a single headshot, and is a solid performer when I'm carrying a datamass as long as I take care to aim properly. Or I can just triple-shot most mooks. The Fragor... well I don't need to explain what that can do, do I?

The best I've scored was a double-headshot on Corpus. It's beautiful when they line up for me. Sometimes if I have a lot of common infested coming my way, I don't bother with head or bodyshots, and just pop their legs. A solid leg or shin hit should destroy that limb and force them to crawl after you, letting you pick them off one by one at your own pace.

Best to aim for that big boot though. It's an easier target, visually speaking. Not sure about the hitboxes.

-------------------------------

*stuff about Radial Disarm vs bosses*

That's... not a bad idea, actually. 100 energy that just knocks them down isn't worth it at all, but stripping their shields and blocking regen for several seconds would be insanely useful without being as silly as its old weapon-destroying incarnation. Bosses have wacky shields and shield regen mechanics right now.

Radial Disarm also breaks Moa guns, stops Ospreys from dropping mines or shooting leeches (grounded Shield Ospreys can still shield dudes that have guns, though!) and explodes the arms off common Infested. Not that that actually does anything to their damage output, but it's hilarious, and hearing that squishy sound from all their arms simultaneously exploding is music to my ears.

Edited by Arcalane

People who think loki needs rework dont know how to play him -.- i have seen other posts complaining about his skills. Every one of loki's skills is extrememly usefull when u know how to use it.

Decoy: Allows you to draw fire away from you or your teamate when coming under heavy fire from bosses or large groups of mobs. You just need to be smart when using it, throw it out when you are behind cover majority of time fire will then be directed towards the decoy.

Invisibility: Pretty much speaks for itself, you can go invisible to be stealthy or go invisible and clear out an entire room without being fired on.

Switch Teleport: Switch spots with a teamate whos shields are depleted or low on health, basically to save them. Or switch spots with an enemy to place them away from team mates or in a place they will be stuck. (especially usefull against heavy enemies)

Radial Disarm: Completely render all enemies (excluding bosses) forcing them to use melee on you which in return u can bash them away or unleash a wall of bullets to easilly destroy them. This move a lot see as useless but is extremely usefull if you come against large group of mobs or a multiple heavy opponents or a ton of shockwave moa's.

Loki is not designed to be a damage frame such as volt, his skills enable him to control the battles and it is NOT easy for people to learn how thats why it is said for advanced players. Once you learn to use his skills he is a lot better than people give it credit.

People who think loki needs rework dont know how to play him -.- i have seen other posts complaining about his skills. Every one of loki's skills is extrememly usefull when u know how to use it.

Decoy: Allows you to draw fire away from you or your teamate when coming under heavy fire from bosses or large groups of mobs. You just need to be smart when using it, throw it out when you are behind cover majority of time fire will then be directed towards the decoy.

Invisibility: Pretty much speaks for itself, you can go invisible to be stealthy or go invisible and clear out an entire room without being fired on.

Switch Teleport: Switch spots with a teamate whos shields are depleted or low on health, basically to save them. Or switch spots with an enemy to place them away from team mates or in a place they will be stuck. (especially usefull against heavy enemies)

Radial Disarm: Completely render all enemies (excluding bosses) forcing them to use melee on you which in return u can bash them away or unleash a wall of bullets to easilly destroy them. This move a lot see as useless but is extremely usefull if you come against large group of mobs or a multiple heavy opponents or a ton of shockwave moa's.

Loki is not designed to be a damage frame such as volt, his skills enable him to control the battles and it is NOT easy for people to learn how thats why it is said for advanced players. Once you learn to use his skills he is a lot better than people give it credit.

things are that I had seen only zerg rush tactics and loki can there use stealth(everywhere) radical(sometimes) or decoy(rare) on boss.

when someone's shield is off they use their ability to pwn the world.

I experimented a lot with Loki, and the only thing stopping the pro-Loki crowd from being correct would be the energy costs on his skills. It'd be lovely if he could pull off these strategies repeatedly, all the time, but unless his costs have been lowered since the last time I tried him, then these strategies are only good against packs of standard foes and only for a few uses until the rate of energy orb drops can no longer keep up with the rate at which you'd like to be using Loki's advanced tactics. Plus, the point about lacking a damage-dealing ability is very accurate; radial disarm may seem like an interesting skill, but it's inferior to a skill which merely kills all nearby foes as opposed to stopping them from firing for a time. Again, he'd be a very fun warframe to play if you could perform tactics like the ones mentioned all the time, but it's a game of energy conservation and I don't see how spending valuable energy nonlethally compares to spending it for guaranteed mass threat elimination. Otherwise, he'd be a really fun frame.