Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 To PC Transfer

(PSN)DarkCujo117

While I know that data transfer between systems is controlled by the producer of the console, is it in any way possible to transfer a warframe account to PC from Ps4. It seems as if it would be easily possible considering that all data is stored online, yet I have found no way. The only significant barriers to doing so on the developer side would be either contract agreements or one-way algorithms. The same algorithms used to transfer PC accounts to Ps4 could be reversed unless one of the aforementioned problems was a barrier. Even in the case of a one way algorithm it would be no great feat (I could be wrong, my coding skills are limited) to create an algorithm which read the data from the Ps4 version and converted it to make it compatible with Windows. Even easier would be to have an option to link the accounts and simply give the items from the Ps4 account to the PC account as based upon the app you posses a registry of all in game items owned by an account. 

There are, in fact, legal barriers, barring DE from allowing players to transfer from console to PC.  One time, a long time ago, when Warframe first released on the consoles, there was a singular account migration, from PC to console.  They have mentioned the possibility of doing another migration of the same nature, sometime in the future, but it is still being discussed.  Either way, DE has stated, many times, that console players will, unfortunately, never be allowed the chance to migrate their existing accounts to PC.

Sony and Microsoft both have legal barrings for this, as people leaving their console, even for one game, is viewed as a loss of a customer to them, as thus, loss of revenue.  Were Sony and Microsoft to change their stance on the issue, then I'm sure it would be no problem at all.  But, I very highly doubt that would ever happen.

Until then, you are still free to make a PC account, and start fresh on that platform.  But, that is the best solution I can offer you.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Rakiokon said:

Sony and Microsoft both have legal barrings for this, as people leaving their console, even for one game, is viewed as a loss of a customer to them, as thus, loss of revenue.  

I agree fully, but this is also an example of products slowly dying out. This is especially evident for Microsoft, they produce the Windows software and this allows for great control over the PC market. While they attempt to milk what they can out of the idea of a console they entirely overlook the fact that they could easily overtake steam if they put any of their corporate assets into a calculated effort. From the perspective of Sony I can understand more, they make most of their money by the fact that all of the games must be routed though their store. Their only option for making money off of the gaming industry is to entirely dominate the console market, the problem I see with this stratagem is that the only thing they had to hold over Microsoft at the launch of the consoles was freedom. If they take away that freedom they will only accelerate the demise of the PlayStation and consoles as a whole. When a player becomes discontented with Ps4 they don't go too XBox they rather transfer to PC, this permanently removed them from the console market as PCs are a vastly superior platform in nearly every way. Protectionism works equally bad for individual companies as it does for nations, look at the stunted economic growth of the EU. It is caused by attempts to protect inefficient producers from more efficient foreign producers, this eventually causes the economy to grind to a halt. Sony is doing the same by attempting to protect their console. The only reason I have a PlayStation is purely to play destiny, I would have never started warframe on ps4 if it had not been for my PC being in the process of repairs.