Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missing Alert Rewards

Klydoris

Question

Today I finished two alerts successfully but didn't get the "special" reward mentioned in the alert description.

Both alerts I started with only a few minutes left on them. How is this being counted, is it important if you start the mission within the time limit or do you have to end it in this timeframe to get the rewards?

I opened up a ticket for each alert and was a bit baffled that in the automatic reply is mentioned that you don't get reimbursements if you played the mission solo. wtf? Except this automatic answer I haven't got an answer yet.

Did anyone experience a situation like me today and maybe is able to enlighten me

1. what "status" is relevant to the timer, beginning or ending the mission
  2. how support treats this situation for solo players. Do they really not compensate for missing rewards if you play in solo mode?

Many thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

As far as I can tell, if you go past the time limit by a certain amount you will not get the reward - which  is why you cannot start an alert with 3 seconds left, wait for 20 minutes and then complete it. However, I am not sure what the cut-off period is. Just that there is one.

Secondly, DE rarely refunds anything unless it is a server-wide issue. Since this is only relevant to you, they will not give you the alert rewards.

- Do try a ticket however - they may provide more information - VKhaun reminded me I should have mentioned this.

Edited by Orthelius
VKhaun jogged my memory

Oh ok.....I see. 

I understand I will not get anything back probably, but why is this information not made available for new players anywhere? (At least I couldn't find it) If I would have known these "rules" I would not have started the alert and not wasted my time with it. 

Anyways, I still hope they refund me the missing rewards, as I was also generous throwing my money at them ;) We'll see.

So far thanks for the answer and you actually DID enlighten me :)

Edited by Klydoris
Typos

I don't know where Orthelius is getting that info about support not giving you back items. I've never heard of that policy about only helping people with server-wide issues. I've gotten a refund on an item that was not as described and people I know IRL have gotten rare items back from major bugs.

I encourage you to make a ticket ASAP and try your luck because the only reason I've ever heard for not doing a refund restoring an item from DE themselves was that people asked too late. Most recently I think they were talking about items that had been sold for creds but in general I seem to remember similar comments about other various support issues over the years.

Edited by VKhaun
Ack, I meant not restoring an item. Not a refund.

57 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

I don't know where Orthelius is getting that info about support not giving you back items. I've never heard of that policy about only helping people with server-wide issues. I've gotten a refund on an item that was not as described and people I know IRL have gotten rare items back from major bugs.

I encourage you to make a ticket ASAP and try your luck because the only reason I've ever heard for not doing a refund from DE themselves was that people asked too late. Most recently I think they were talking about items that had been sold for creds but in general I seem to remember similar comments about other various support issues over the years.

Thanks for your answer, too. I already wrote the tickets and as I said am hoping they will refund these items. On the other hand I would understand if they don't do it regarding the timer-thingy. If it really doesn't count when you finish the mission and the time for the alert is over in the time you are finishing the mission, at least I would expect that to be stated anywhere. That's very misunderstandable for a new player like me.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

U will get the reward until Alert is visible no matters if 30min or 1sec left. Didn ´t u ran Invasions?

No, both of them were normal alerts. The first one I started with having it IIRC 30 sec. on the timer the second one had about 4 min. on the timer left.

So NOW I am really curious how this whole thing is handled and which time does matter eventually.

Edited by Klydoris

31 minutes ago, Klydoris said:

No, both of them were normal alerts. The first one I started with having it IIRC 30 sec. on the timer the second one had about 4 min. on the timer left.

So NOW I am really curious how this whole thing is handled and which time does matter eventually.

As i stated, i ´m 100% time no matters until Alert disepear, was fixed few Updates ago, sorry that i ´m lazy to find. U can also easily run normal mission instead of Alert, happen to me several times, especily in these days.  U choose Alert but u r kicked into normal one. Deffinintly time for Support:https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us