Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My plant frame.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

This is my plant frame concept. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Looking up possible names under "tree of life". One interesting one is the "Arbor del tule", a tree that is in South America.

Not sure.

This frame starts with 15 armor. Any armor gained is not permanent and can be decreased by enemy attacks, but he can grow it exponentially. Relies more on sheilds and health. Squishy/tanky frame.

Health :unknown

Sheilds :unknown

Energy : 200

20uu1w1.jpg

I hope it is not too presumptuous (or lore breaking) of me, but my story for him is that he was the warframe that helped get infestation into the locked down orokin towers, destroying as many towers as possible on the orders of the lotus, as many other tenno slaughtered orokin across the system. His ability is also what is used to help build a somatic link (now I'm just going to far I think)

Abilities grow small transparent energy vines and trees along walls and floors that look healthy, then begin to look something like tendrils of ancient infestation, eventually disintegrating.

Passive ideas.

Green house effect. As long as sheilds are intact, he benefits from decreased health depletion from slash and toxin attacks, and decreased debuff effects, ice, punture, etc....

Or. 

Rooted. Standing still passively increases health regeneration abilities, from allies and mods, as well as giving a smaller chance of knock down resistance...(someone already has that).

1. Throws a spiked energy branch that grows off of his arm. Impacts an enemy, knocking them back, in a controlled rag doll across the ground. If the enemy does not die, they are stunned, fighting off the plant, breaking the limbs, pulling the spikes out of their body in agony, etc.

The ability can be held down to burst branch into spores that will spread and grow onto nearby enemies and a small area of the map ~in work.

When the branch ability wears off, it disintegrates into spores/particles that travel through the air (like all other abilities).

Ability can be used on the same enemy or multiple enemies, cost 25 energy

When spike is thrown at a downed enemy, it applies finisher damage.

2.Growth. Kneels down and places arm into the ground, sending slow moving energy roots across the ground that ensnare enemies in thorns, absorbing health and armor.

The ability is like banshees soundquake, but as of right now has no set range. Holding down the ability drains energy much faster, but causes the vines to move much faster, shredding enemies. Interacts with the first ability in that it stimulates any active branches to continue to grow, causing enemies to keep struggling until they die or you stop. If succesfully killed, dead enemies killed by the thrown tree branch glow (insert energy color) and give energy as well as a larger amount of armor through the roots (armor that works like sheild overages, a visual glowing effect indicates when it is in effect, as well as a change to this warframes outer apperance, in the way that iron skin covers rhino). When finished, he breaks away from the roots on the ground, which grow old looking, and disintegrate. Enemies must recover, breaking away from dead roots as well.

Ability drains energy and cost 50 to cast. 

3. A barricade of thorned vines rises violently out of the ground to encircle him. Enemies within this circle are thrown up against the barrier and enemies around the outside are flung back. The vines disintegrate fairly quickly, but enemies that walk in the area suffer slash damage from the thorns that remain. (for anyone wondering, yes I just copied fire blast, but smaller)

Added suggestion: this frame can tear off a section of the barricade to use as a sheild, before it disintegrates. 

4. This ability can be air cast. And can be cast on a water tile set.

Spreads out arms and drops seeds. Seeds impact the ground, staggering nearby enemies. Small trees will shoot up (about half the height of a lancer), dealing slash damage to any enemies hit. The trees passively grow from taking in the particles left over from his other abilities and the "blood" of nearby enemies, dead or under slash procs. Attacking enemies and using the any other ability will expedite the process (bleeding enemies and particle effects). Trees can be destroyed by enemies, and there is a limit of how many can be active at any time, but they store energy and health as they grow, and upon death will give back a scaling percentage of what they took in based on how much they grew. --->I imagine the tree would go through 3 stages, growing the tree would be fairly quick. A completed tree gives armor buffs within range of the ability that follow a player for a short duration and would contour to the tile set, automatically growing near a wall or off to the side if in a small space to keep from obscuring anyones veiw. 

I think that's it for now

What do you guys think?

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Fixed a thing

Well I like what you are doing, but for casting abilities how about it detonate these almost spore like flowery pieces and those will then hit the enemies and grow over time each enemy will have its life drained of they die before the timer ends the spores scatter over the ground like flower petals and any allies can walk over them to gain armor while enemies will be eaten away. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

Also why not give it a Thorned shield that counters enemy fire so like instead of having the regular blue bar it'll be green and when you take shield damage it acts like the impaler from borderlands.

I was actually thinking he should be released with a spear and sheild...I made a concept like that a while ago, on derelict infested tissue theme.. As an ability, maybe you could rip it off of the thorn wall ability before they dissapear.

And I think if there is an ability to detonate spores, it would either replace the first ability, or I would get rid of the charging effect, and then just have an option to hold down the button to butts all active branches into sores that attach and grow on nearby enemies....

Sounds cool, how would that make him feel to you?

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Closegato said:

well i just completed my plant frame and before releasing it i find this which is very similar to mine 

:/

uhh well good concept 

Be proud of your concept! Maybe it's even better. Maybe if DE sees more plant frame concepts, they will do something....

3 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I was actually thinking he should be released with a spear and sheild...I made a concept like that a while ago, on derelict infested tissue theme.. As an ability, maybe you could rip it off of the thorn wall ability before they dissapear.

And I think if there is an ability to detonate spores, it would either replace the first ability, or I would get rid of the charging effect, and then just have an option to hold down the button to butts all active branches into sores that attach and grow on nearby enemies....

Sounds cool, how would that make him feel to you?

Well why not change the concept all together and have it be a plant based frame that evolves with the enemies so like it's armor scales with the enemies and it's spores will raise it's armor, it's plants will adapt from discarded enemy weapons making you stronger so like give it the lowest possible starting stats, but have him essentially eat and absorb like a carnivorous monster and then he'd get bigger and bigger and stronger. Or go with the whole groom thing. 

On 7/22/2016 at 3:46 PM, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

Well why not change the concept all together and have it be a plant based frame that evolves with the enemies so like it's armor scales with the enemies and it's spores will raise it's armor, it's plants will adapt from discarded enemy weapons making you stronger so like give it the lowest possible starting stats, but have him essentially eat and absorb like a carnivorous monster and then he'd get bigger and bigger and stronger. Or go with the whole groom thing. 

I was going for scaling armor, essentially I feel like that's what I was pushing him towards, but what is lacking in his abilities that could be added towards this? 

The armor is set at 15, I havnt decided what health and sheilds would be....

He could gain extra health and armor as he went, but sheilds shouldn't grow....

And how do you feel about my green house passive then?

I feel like eating is something the viral and beast master frame (if they ever get added) and inaros should have, but my growth ability (the vines) is meant to deal slash damage from thorns, absorbing enemy armor and health (and grabbing energy and health orbs, but I might edit that out). 

So anything that can be done to make him feel like he is being grown can be implemented into his 4th possibly