Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Out Of Frame: The Everyday Lives Of The Tenno - Feedback & Discussion

Jordan_McBeast

15 whole seconds? What are you fighting him with, a braton mk1? He should drop like a sack of hot rocks from 1 ulti and a charge attack or 2 with pretty much any decently modded frame/gear.

I'm a sucker for the primitive, and with a maxed paris(unfortunately without speed trigger -_-) charging takes up most of the time.

Edited by SprungCardinal8

are you working now that Vor is firmly planted in the ground like a potato?

On the novel, yes. Need to write a really screwed up nightmare for one of the characters, a really steamy sex scene for another two, and a panic attack for another one. After that one of the other characters has to channel one of France's greatest courtesans, and then I think someone is getting poisoned or thrown out a window or having their internal organs punched out of their chest by a magical spell.

You wouldn't want me to be writing the tenno right now. Wouldn't even make it past the EULA. They'll probably get an update sometime over the weekend, they did order that pizza... Wait til you see who the delivery driver is.

SARYN: I will destroy everything you love and leave it in puddles of quivering toxic sludge, and then I will bathe in it like Elizabeth Bathory, and the liquid, cancerous, spiteful hatred of my deeds will restore my youth and keep me warm at night.

TRINITY: Saryn, what are you talking about?

SARYN: Nothing, dear.

SARYN: Is she gone?

SARYN: I am watching you, Ronin666.

Lol. Poison body ftw.

On the novel, yes. Need to write a really screwed up nightmare for one of the characters, a really steamy sex scene for another two, and a panic attack for another one. After that one of the other characters has to channel one of France's greatest courtesans, and then I think someone is getting poisoned or thrown out a window or having their internal organs punched out of their chest by a magical spell.

You wouldn't want me to be writing the tenno right now. Wouldn't even make it past the EULA. They'll probably get an update sometime over the weekend, they did order that pizza... Wait til you see who the delivery driver is.

I can imagine it being Loki, Vaubeard or Antimatter.

I can also imagine all of the scenarios turning out having the pizzas made of cleverly disguised cardboard and paper having Bounce grenades in all the pizzas Michael Bay-fied WONDERFULLY.

MAG: I don’t get where this whole idea is coming from that people are surprised we’re American.

EMBER: Yea, look at all the devs. They’re all pasty white guys. Their inspiration for this game probably comes from Wu-Tang Clan and old Bruce Lee movies.

MAG: Well Rebecca is nice.

EMBER: Oh, you’re just kissing &#! because she’s a CM.

TRINITY: Ladies please, its not nice to talk about other girls behind their backs. That’s how the boys win.

EMBER: Yes mother.

MAG: Seriously though, its a bajillion years into the future. We aren’t Japanese. We aren’t American either. We’re like some Blade Runner mix of half-Chinese and half-Mexican mutt people.

EMBER: Which is to say we are American.

MAG: How?

EMBER: Have you ever been to any first world metropolis in Asia? Seoul? Hong Kong? Tokyo? There’s a Mcdonalds or a 711 on every corner. Everybody was American long before the tenno showed up, its cultural imperialism.

MAG: Right, and you’re not a natural redhead, because they died out centuries ago.

EMBER: Nope. Genetic modification. The carpet matches the drapes.

MAG: That’s too much information.

EMBER: I’d invite you to check, but I stay aerodynamic down there.

TRINITY: Ladies, that’s quite enough.

ASH: I’ll check.

EMBER: You’ll get your chance.

Warning: This fan fic does not include sex scene!

MAG: I don’t get where this whole idea is coming from that people are surprised we’re American.

EMBER: Yea, look at all the devs. They’re all pasty white guys. Their inspiration for this game probably comes from Wu-Tang Clan and old Bruce Lee movies.

MAG: Well Rebecca is nice.

EMBER: Oh, you’re just kissing &#! because she’s a CM.

TRINITY: Ladies please, its not nice to talk about other girls behind their backs. That’s how the boys win.

EMBER: Yes mother.

MAG: Seriously though, its a bajillion years into the future. We aren’t Japanese. We aren’t American either. We’re like some Blade Runner mix of half-Chinese and half-Mexican mutt people.

EMBER: Which is to say we are American.

MAG: How?

EMBER: Have you ever been to any first world metropolis in Asia? Seoul? Hong Kong? Tokyo? There’s a Mcdonalds or a 711 on every corner. Everybody was American long before the tenno showed up, its cultural imperialism.

MAG: Right, and you’re not a natural redhead, because they died out centuries ago.

EMBER: Nope. Genetic modification. The carpet matches the drapes.

MAG: That’s too much information.

EMBER: I’d invite you to check, but I stay aerodynamic down there.

TRINITY: Ladies, that’s quite enough.

ASH: I’ll check.

EMBER: You’ll get your chance.

Can you finish this fan fic on a blog or something? I am interested in seeing this fan fic totally play out to the very end. XD;

Edited by Pirate_Shark

Can you finish this fan fic at deviant art or something? I am interested in seeing this fan fic totally play out to the very end. XD;

Ash can just toss a smokebomb to censor his and Ember's fiery consummation. Where there is smoke, there is fire and all that. :o

yes, yes he will. Man Doozy, you make coloring the words look so easy -_- or am I just doing things wrong?

no, it really is just the biggest pain in the &#! ever. That's why when I did it before warframe, I only had colored text as a character's internal monologue, or when they broke the 4th wall, "meta text." But this is being written in pure script format, and there's no narrative text, so everything is colored all the time and its like pulling teeth.

Can you finish this fan fic on a blog or something? I am interested in seeing this fan fic totally play out to the very end. XD;

Warning: This fan fic does not include sex scene!

To answer these questions because they're already popping up in my inbox- No. We will never see an erotic scene with the tenno here, or anywhere else.

That's not to say it won't happen... but when it does, its going to be a "Captain Kirk boot scene." For you 90s babies, that means he takes the green lady to bed, the lights go out, and when they come back on, he's sitting on the side of the bed pulling his boots back on and the alien chick is lying in the twisted sheets with a satisfied afterglow. Its very wholesome and pg13, and the sexy times is inferred. That's all you're gonna get here. Everyone is allowed to have fun, within reason. DON'T WORRY, THERE'S STILL PLENTY OF ROOM TO GET REALLY WEIRD.

I'm not writing erotic scenes because I can't, that's not the issue. I've written lots of sex, and not just happy romantic candlelight movie sex either. Weird sex. Kinky sex. Sex where one of the parties may or may not have been consenting, and sex where one of the parties absolutely did not consent, hell, I did all of that in one book. The point is, that isn't happening here, because its inappropriate, and more importantly, writing sex is just like having sex- It takes a great deal of creative effort to do it right, and frankly, that effort is getting put into a novel. This is just for S#&$s and giggles.

Everyone was having a normal conversation, when suddenly, PIZZZZZA IN MYYYYY SIIIIIIIGHTS...

EMBER: Okay, favorite classic blunders.

SARYN: That’s easy. When you’re leading a grineer marine with your bow, and he just walks into the headshot.

MAG: That one never gets old.

EXCALIBUR: Shooting a guy in the &#! a couple of times with a bolto, then watching him run around screaming, and all his friends can’t shoot straight because they’re laughing.

MAG: That’s just kind of juvenile.

EMBER: No, that’s actually really funny.

MAG: Oh come on.

EMBER: Have you done it?

MAG: Of course not, I’m a professional. Trinity, back me up on this.

TRINITY: Of course I would never...

MAG: You did, didn’t you?

TRINITY: Once. Twice. Okay, twelve times.

EXCALIBUR: TWELVE TIMES?

TRINITY: I was having a really bad day and I kind of took it out on some corpus crewmen.

MAG: You were having a “bad day?” Aren’t you a former social worker? Isn’t handling that kind of stuff just tuesday afternoon for you?

TRINITY: Social workers can have bad days.

EMBER: Like what?

TRINITY: You spend all afternoon coordinating public servants trying to serve some Martian white trash deadbeat dad a warrant because he’s dodging child support and you’re constantly on the phone with three people trying to find him, then you turn on the TV in the breakroom and there he is on Marsy Povich, dancing across the stage because a paternity test just proved he’s not the father of some other low income single mother’s bastard child, and you’re so &!$$ed because you should have known that daytime television was the first place you should have looked for human scum like this, so you call back all your runners and tell them to bring it home because the goon is in New Chicago getting a free hotel room from some bottom-feeding cable network, and all you wanted to do was get someone to pay for that poor starving child, and then the A****** from payroll comes into the breakroom and says he forgot to move a decimal point on his excel file and now everyone’s check is gonna be late a week, so not only is some starving dumpster brat crying because she’s got nothing to eat, you are too. That will just about do it. That night I was on Olympus shooting everyone in the &#!. No remorse, even the moas. Everyone was getting boltor enemas.

EMBER: HOLY CRAP TRIN.

EXCALIBUR: Wow.

FROST: I’ve never heard anything so horrible, and I’m roomies with Rhino, so I pretty much hear the worst things humanly imaginable on a daily basis.

SARYN: That’s dark. And I’m the one who wears black all the time.

ASH: Remind me to never &!$$ you off.

RHINO: YO I WAS IN THE KITCHEN GETTIN’ A BEER, WHAT I MISS?

EMBER: Oh hey, look at that. Intercom is buzzing, pizza’s here.

MAG: Good timing, Cal, can you get the door while you’re up?

EXCALIBUR: Sure... Oh. Wow.

PIZZA DELIVERY GIRL (hereafter referred to as PDG): That’ll be 47.35

EXCALIBUR: Uh... Yea.

ASH: Dude, don’t stare at her- Oh S#&$.

EMBER: What’s goin on- Wow this is awkward.

PDG: It’s the legs, I know. Everytime. Its the legs.

RHINO: YO GUYS CHECK IT OUT, THIS PIZZA CHICK IS A GRINEER, AND SHE’S KIND OF CUTE.

FROST: Don’t mind him, he’s not sober.

PDG: Look its not a big deal, its just a job, and yea, I’ve got prosthetic legs.

EMBER: Shouldn’t you be in the Grineer Marine Corps?

PDG: I retired. Got my legs cut off by a space ninja after I dragged him in with a lasso. Was kind of a mistake.

MAG: Don’t they just slap robot parts on you and send you back in?

PDG: Yea I could have been a heavy gunner, but my degenerate clone DNA wasn’t getting any better, and I wasn’t so sure I’d only lose my legs the next time I ran into a tenno, so when my tour ended I was like, “Screw this, I’m gonna go get a day job so I never have to see a space ninja ever again.”

EXCALIBUR: Yea... Ha ha. Good call.

EMBER: The best you could do after a tour in the service was a pizza delivery driver?

PDG: Every grineer clone ever has done a tour in the service. It’s not exactly a huge resume builder. At least I got to keep my new legs.

MAG: Well that’s a plus. But delivering pizzas?

PDG: It was this or stripping.

EMBER: I would have taken stripping.

PDG: You need legs to hook the pole.

EMBER: Oh. Sorry.

PDG: Look guys, its not a big deal. I deal with this every day. I mean I’m a former grineer marine, I’ve been chopped up by knife-wielding cryogenically frozen kung fu psychopaths. I can handle people staring at my robotic gimp legs.

EXCALIBUR: We just feel kind of bad, is all.

PDG: Why? its not like you did it.

MAG: Well, actually- OW, EMBER, WHY DID YOU JAB ME IN THE RIBS AGAIN? oh, right.

PDG: You guys do look kinda familiar. Have I delivered here before?

RHINO: HAH! NO CHICK EVER FORGETS THE RHINO!

PDG: the “rhino?”

FROST: Don’t listen to him, its just a stupid guido nickname.

PDG: He looks big enough to be a tenno... WAIT. OH MY GOD. PLEASE DON’T KILL ME.

MAG: Relax dear, we’re off duty.

PDG: YOU A******S. DO YOU KNOW WHAT PHANTOM PAIN IS? OR PTSD?

TRINITY: Actually, yes. I’m a social worker.

EXCALIBUR: Look, we feel really bad about it.

ASH: How about a 20 dollar tip?

PDG: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

ASH: 40?

EMBER: Will you calm down? We’re not being paid to murder you right now. We’re off the clock, you’re perfectly fine.

PDG: Right... okay... Just breathe... 47.35.

ASH: Here, just take a hundred, and um...

RHINO: GIMME YOUR NUMBER, YOU’RE KINDA CUTE.

FROST: God dammit, Rhino.

RHINO: WHAT? I TOLD YOU I KINDA HAD A THING FOR GRINEER CHICKS. SHE’S STILL READY TO GO, EVEN WITH THE CHICKEN LEGS.

FROST: Ignore him, he’s drunk. He’s actually a really nice guy when he’s rarely sober.

PDG: I need to go see my shrink.

TRINITY: Is your therapist Dr. Talbot in downtown? Don’t bother with him, he’s a drunk and a cynic. You should come down to the clinic on 22nd and maple, we can recommend you a good psychiatrist.

PDG: can I please just go?

ASH: Yea you know what, that’s a good idea. Here, just take the money and have a nice day, okay?

RHINO: HEY SHE FORGOT THE BREADSTICKS, HEY, COME BACK HERE. CAN I CALL YOU?

EXCALIBUR: God dammit, Rhino.

RHINO: WHAT?

I almost died laughing... XDD