Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For A Relic Acquisition Buff

Master-Nachash

So, was just having a discussion in another thread about the current state of relic acquisition and how as has even been stated by DE, people are burning through relics faster than they ever have with keys, and I came up with a simple yet what I believe to be an effective solution.

Instead of having rotations drop a single relic. Have there be a chance on each relic drop to gain any number between 1-5.

1-2 = common drop chance.
2-3 = uncommon drop chance.
4-5 = rare drop chance.

Even if you were to only get 1-2 for each drop in a run, you'd still come away with almost twice as many relics as you did before.

Problem solved?

Yesterday's dev stream said they'll boost relic acquisition by adding them to more rotations (like the As) and also mentioned having relics drop by eximuses. They also said that having relics drop by eximuses would also mean you'll be getting relics as you're burning them. The fact that people are burning relics at an amazing pace is noticed.

10 minutes ago, QuietBiro said:

Yesterday's dev stream said they'll boost relic acquisition by adding them to more rotations (like the As) and also mentioned having relics drop by eximuses. They also said that having relics drop by eximuses would also mean you'll be getting relics as you're burning them. The fact that people are burning relics at an amazing pace is noticed.

Yeah I am aware of that. 

I just feel as though my idea is a more simplified and solidified problem solver. I mean, adding them to more rotations and enemy units just sounds messy when they could just up the amount you get from the drops in rotations as they already are. Having different tiers for how many you can get in a rotation dependent on RNG.

20 minutes ago, Master-Nachash said:

I just feel as though my idea is a more simplified and solidified problem solver. I mean, adding them to more rotations and enemy units just sounds messy when they could just up the amount you get from the drops in rotations as they already are. Having different tiers for how many you can get in a rotation dependent on RNG.

I feel having more chances to get 1 relic is better than having fewer chances to get 3-5 relics. Imagine trying to farm a particular relic, and getting 3-5 of some other ones that you don't need. If they implement eximus drops right, players will gain relics more often, giving them more chances of getting useful relics.

1 minute ago, QuietBiro said:

I feel having more chances to get 1 relic is better than having fewer chances to get 3-5 relics. Imagine trying to farm a particular relic, and getting 3-5 of some other ones that you don't need. If they implement eximus drops right, players will gain relics more often, giving them more chances of getting useful relics.

That wouldn't be an issue if they just released drop tables for endless missions so you knew where to get specific relics?????

1 hour ago, QuietBiro said:

Yesterday's dev stream said they'll boost relic acquisition by adding them to more rotations (like the As)....

...further diluting relic drops already in rot A...

It certainly would increase the grind if a specific relic that drops 1 out of 3 is increased to dropping too 1 out of 5.   I can easily see them making that change.

Edited by Kyronz

2 hours ago, Kyronz said:

...further diluting relic drops already in rot A...

It certainly would increase the grind if a specific relic that drops 1 out of 3 is increased to dropping too 1 out of 5.   I can easily see them making that change.

I can't think of many places where relics drop in rot A all that much, with maybe the exception of the derelicts.