Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 20 to 21 Test - Hella-Hard

Saint_Tan

Question

Hello fellow Tenno,

I'm fortunate enough to have reached the required affinity to try for MR 21.  But holy crud, that test is (dare I say) is impossible.

I've seen the youtubers get it done.  But my experience is totally different.  So any advice would be great (like what load out you used, etc.)

BUT THE REAL PROBLEM IS...

I tried doing the "practice" version today like 12 times in a row at the relay.  Each time the mini map said the white orb to add time was 'up'.  Each time, I could NEVER find an orb.  At about try 5, I finally ignored the enemies, and just searched for orbs - no luck.  So what am I doing wrong?  The starter time given allows for about two enemy kills, then the test time expires. 

I went to every 'up' location I could see, but no love.  I know the intro 'showcases where they should be, but I could never find orbs.  12 bugs in a row, or am I just blind/unlucky/never going to be MR 21?

Any advice?

4 answers to this question

I used Ember. She allows you to ignore the enemies and just focus on finding orbs. They spawn all over, and there are several levels, so it can be hard to find them if you're worried about killing. Also you should know that there IS a bug that causes the orbs to stop spawning, so some of those runs were probably not your fault. 

Hopefully the bug didn't get worse with SoTR...