Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being able to buy workshop items with plat

Saris81

Question

6 answers to this question

Most likely not because we PC players get discounts for platinum purchases and DE pays to content creators on real cash based on their items' sales, which might create some money troubles.

All that's left is wait and see what happens in the future, after all nothing's carved in stone

Edited by -----LegioN-----

Just now, -----LegioN----- said:

Most likely not because we PC players get discounts for platinum purchases and DE pays to content creators on real cash based on their items' sales, which might create some money troubles.

Consoles are getting the Tennogen items for platinum soon though, so it's not out of the question that PC can get that as well.

9 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Consoles are getting the Tennogen items for platinum soon though, so it's not out of the question that PC can get that as well.

The difference is that, unlike us pc players, console players don't get discounts for platinum purchases, so they will be always paying the same regardless of how they buy it, while on PC, paying 75 platinum has a different translation to real life cash depending on how that plat was bought, leading to some players paying 6usd for the skins, other pays 3usd and other 1.5usd for exactly the same content (imagining that said players bought platinum with different discounts and only to get the skins) and others simply getting them for free while DE keeps having to pay from their pocket to content creators based on the original price. (Unless they got to an agreement with artists to change this, but it should be handled individually with each artist) 

PD: I'm on mobile, so I didn't check tennogen skins price, its platinum conversion nor platinum packs' price. All numbers are just examples.

PD2: I guess that, in the same way as console market discount doesn't apply to bundles, it won't apply to tennogen either because of the same reason why pc "might" not get this option.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

16 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

The difference is that, unlike us pc players, console players don't get discounts for platinum purchases, so they will be always paying the same regardless of how they buy it, while on PC, paying 75 platinum has a different translation to real life cash depending on how that plat was bought, leading to some players paying 6usd for the skins, other pays 3usd and other 1.5usd for exactly the same content (imagining that said players bought platinum with different discounts and only to get the skins) and others simply getting them for free while DE keeps having to pay from their pocket to content creators based on the original price. (Unless they got to an agreement with artists to change this, but it should be handled individually with each artist) 

PD: I'm on mobile, so I didn't check tennogen skins price, its platinum conversion nor platinum packs' price. All numbers are just examples.

PD2: I guess that, in the same way as console market discount doesn't apply to bundles, it won't apply to tennogen either because of the same reason why pc "might" not get this option.

Then DE can adjust the prices by making tennogen cost more plat for PC players then it does console. If tennogen can be bought with platinum for consoles then I see no real reason why they can't (or shouldn't) for PC.