Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More YouTube Drama

Ohgun

Okay, I have ultimately realized that there are channels on YouTube that are nothing but destructive to their audiences and ultimately themselves. For over 2 years I've been foolishly enthralled in the nonsense that is YouTube Drama. But, last night, I've come to the realization that hanging around destructive channels will ultimately make you destructive the longer you hang around them. In my experience, I've encountered one of the most destructive places on YouTube that has been dubbed the "Black Sector of YouTube".

And as the years gone by, I've realized that the majority of those still in the so called sector do nothing, but argue with each other and put each others personal lives at risk. I was an idiot to think that their form of "entertainment" was worthy of patronization. But today, I realized that this was all a con. My academic performance has suffered during the first five months of 2016 to the point where I've failed two classes out of four. And it was all because I fooled myself into believing that watching two people verbally fighting with each other online was actually enjoyable. But, now my life is almost in the toilet because of my "roasting" addiction and I have no one to blame but myself for going down that tainted road.

Never again. After today, I've decided to leave the "Roast Arena" for good and cut all ties with those who love destroying other peoples lives. And now I want to advise you to avoid YouTube Drama at ALL COSTS! These days, drama is the equivalent of a drug addiction. Well... I think I can consider it to be one. From now on, I'm just going to focus on my Visions of An Ancestry Visual Novel and getting my life back together after the damage my #@*&$@y addition caused.

These are my experiences with YouTube Drama.

Now I want to know what are your experiences like dealing with the trash that are YouTube Drama Channels.

Edited by Ohgun
Paragraph Splits and more grammar edits.

Text needs more paragraphs (ಠ益ಠ)!

On topic: Since Youtube has grown to a massive user-driven video platform, there is no feasible way to moderate its content anymore. Submitting a complaint about videos that break the TOS will hardly result in ban since there is too little staff for too many videos (only considering the thousands of videos that are getting uploaded per day).

Youtube has a nice facade of legit channels but browsing the giant trash pile will get you to weird (if not illegal) videos sooner or later. That is why it is risky to keep following automatically recommended videos. Of course it raises the question of how to discover new channels if you think that finding nice ones once and sticking to them is a solution.

On the other hand one should consider that commercial interest does not go hand in hand with ethics. I think Google/Youtube staff hesitates to remove monetized videos even if they have very questionable content. But in the first place you need to blame the users since they decide what they upload and what they publish. Youtube is not worse than others platforms though: Reddit, imgur, 4chan, facebook, twitter, etc have their good sides but dark corners too.

Don't spend too much time on the Internet; it is easy to find disturbing content here.

6 hours ago, TRSS said:

Text needs more paragraphs (ಠ益ಠ)!

On topic: Since Youtube has grown to a massive user-driven video platform, there is no feasible way to moderate its content anymore. Submitting a complaint about videos that break the TOS will hardly result in ban since there is too little staff for too many videos (only considering the thousands of videos that are getting uploaded per day).

Youtube has a nice facade of legit channels but browsing the giant trash pile will get you to weird (if not illegal) videos sooner or later. That is why it is risky to keep following automatically recommended videos. Of course it raises the question of how to discover new channels if you think that finding nice ones once and sticking to them is a solution.

On the other hand one should consider that commercial interest does not go hand in hand with ethics. I think Google/Youtube staff hesitates to remove monetized videos even if they have very questionable content. But in the first place you need to blame the users since they decide what they upload and what they publish. Youtube is not worse than others platforms though: Reddit, imgur, 4chan, facebook, twitter, etc have their good sides but dark corners too.

Don't spend too much time on the Internet; it is easy to find disturbing content here.

I think I'll keep that advice in mind from now on. Thanks for sharing that with me.

There's an old youtube drama centered around warframe that still manages to be cancerous, and it really bothers me that is a thing. Everybody knows how easy it is to mislead people, especially when your reputation is on the line ( due to being caught breaking the rules), and yet it still manages to be a poison in the warframe community. Thankfully the only personal thing at risk for me is my faith in humanity...

Just now, Lord_Azrael said:

There's an old youtube drama centered around warframe that still manages to be cancerous, and it really bothers me that is a thing. Everybody knows how easy it is to mislead people, especially when your reputation is on the line ( due to being caught breaking the rules), and yet it still manages to be a poison in the warframe community. Thankfully the only personal thing at risk for me is my faith in humanity...

Isn't that drama over already?

1 hour ago, heskaroid said:

Isn't that drama over already?

Every once in a while someone shows up and makes a thread, which gets summarily deleted. And he's still making videos about it. It's, like, the only thing in his life, apparently. 

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Every once in a while someone shows up and makes a thread, which gets summarily deleted. And he's still making videos about it. It's, like, the only thing in his life, apparently. 

Now that's downright stalkerish.

Just now, Lord_Azrael said:

Pretty sure he's going it for attention.

2 minutes ago, Ohgun said:

I'm sorry, but leafyishere is also a drama based channel. That means I can't watch him anymore.

I don't think you need to prevent yourself from watching these channels, personally. If they get to you that much, you might need to really see it from a satire point of view. most of these channels on the down-low like to point out the stupidity of the drama. above that, yes, it does look like an actual conflict. that's the watchers, not the youtubers themselves.

i watch commentary channels a lot and probably have been watching them ever since leafy's channel blew up a year ago or so.

3 minutes ago, TheMetrocop said:

I don't think you need to prevent yourself from watching these channels, personally. If they get to you that much, you might need to really see it from a satire point of view. most of these channels on the down-low like to point out the stupidity of the drama. above that, yes, it does look like an actual conflict. that's the watchers, not the youtubers themselves.

i watch commentary channels a lot and probably have been watching them ever since leafy's channel blew up a year ago or so.

My exposure to "Roast Arena" has poisoned me too much for me to watch commentaries on other YouTubers anymore.

Just now, Ohgun said:

My exposure to "Roast Arena" has poisoned me too much for me to watch commentaries on other YouTubers anymore.

most roasting in the community i'm centered in is for sh1ts n giggles, not actual harm.

if you're watching ricegum, well...

go watch some orman abloodoodles

16 minutes ago, TheMetrocop said:

most roasting in the community i'm centered in is for sh1ts n giggles, not actual harm.

if you're watching ricegum, well...

go watch some orman abloodoodles

I'll pass on that. I need to take a more constructive route in life from now on.

3 minutes ago, Ohgun said:

I'll pass on that. I need to take a more constructive route in life from now on.

I think you might just need to take these channels a lot less seriously. though it can be hard to see, mostly anything and everything is satire. no real drama, intentionally stupid stuff. basically, self-aware idiocity.

the trick is to get a laugh out of it because it's stupid and at the same time get where people are coming from.