Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More YouTube Drama

Ohgun

1 hour ago, (PS4)Pinguin_ops said:

My experience with YouTube Drama - I never gave a F*** about it or cared about that petty bullS#&$ people classified as drama 

That's a good point of view you have about it.

On one hand,some of the Youtube drama has resulted in some good, like the awareness of the Fair Rights act and the killing of those CS:GO skin gambling cites.

On the other hand, there are the youtubers who attack each other, which is to be expected as more and more people gain a living from doing Yotube resulting in more and more competition.

As an optimist, i see this drama as a sort of good thing, because the increase of competition results in Youtubers realizing that their audience can't last forever unless they keep making good content that is enjoyable. This means better content for the audience, so sort of a more positive way to think of this youtube drama.

Plus, I think this is the new shift in Youtube culture from Let's Play to commentary-esque channels. It is just a bunch of cynical people trashing on other people's content, which for me is just fun noise to put in the background while I do something more useful.

1 minute ago, Mr.ToastForPresident said:

On one hand,some of the Youtube drama has resulted in some good, like the awareness of the Fair Rights act and the killing of those CS:GO skin gambling cites.

On the other hand, there are the youtubers who attack each other, which is to be expected as more and more people gain a living from doing Yotube resulting in more and more competition.

As an optimist, i see this drama as a sort of good thing, because the increase of competition results in Youtubers realizing that their audience can't last forever unless they keep making good content that is enjoyable. This means better content for the audience, so sort of a more positive way to think of this youtube drama.

Plus, I think this is the new shift in Youtube culture from Let's Play to commentary-esque channels. It is just a bunch of cynical people trashing on other people's content, which for me is just fun noise to put in the background while I do something more useful.

I've experienced the other hand you suggested and I think that the "Roast Arena" clearly fits under the second statement you've provided.

Happy to hear you're moving away from something that ultimately lead to stress and frustration, Ohgun! 

Drama in any form can be hurtful, even if you aren't directly involved. We're curious nosy creatures so it's easy to find yourself in the deepest pits of an online scuffle. It's no mystery how much it can suck up time and focus. 

While I'm happy to hear you're moving on to better things, the thread will be locked to avoid creating drama of our own. RE:

On 7/27/2016 at 3:56 AM, Ohgun said:

Now I want to know what are your experiences like dealing with the trash that are YouTube Drama Channels.