Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Artifacts ( Overrated Pit Ponies)

ZWarhammer

So in this "weekend" event i already got 2 out of 3 rare artifacts.

What's wrong with them ?

They are quite a joke for "rare" classification.

1. Reduces enemy armor ( wohoo right ? unless it completely removes armor which is not the case reducing armor does't do much considering usefulness of armor in this game. I mean it helps yeah but for a rare artifact from a rare event ? not feeling it.)

2. Reduces enemy shields ( awesome right ? the only use i see to this is for bosses with shields and even then unless these artifacts stack it's still really pointless. For corpus and other enemy types with shields it's not necessary to have this and generally other artifacts will do you more good in the long run anyways.)

3. ( Now i haven't got this one yet but judging from previous 2 i assume it's a same mechanic)

EDIT: I heard this one being speed reduction to movement speed of infested. Thanks to BinoAI for the info.

Now this seems like it could be the most useful outta the rest but 10% movement reduction as it stands is most likely the least useful of all. If this gets buffed to 30-45% i can actually see this being useful.

Now i'm not saying these artifacts are completely useless but for a rare weekend event they are sadly low tier.

It's not even hard to obtain em as long as you have a decent team that does't go derping around the mission.

Summary: I really expected more from these artifacts and if they are gonna do the same thing as they did with frost prime and make them available again after the event then i see zero point in these events.

My suggestion would be to have rewards from these events as alternate skins to weapons or something cosmetic so those who actually participate in the events get something from it and those who missed it can't complain about it since it's purely cosmetic. Obviously making these items available again after the event is done kills the whole point of doing the bloody thing in the first place.

Just my thoughts.

Feel free to discuss it further if you wish.

l l

l l

l l

V

Edited by ZWarhammer

I definitely agree that they're lackluster right now. There's just no reason to switch off of energy siphon as they are. Completely removing enemy armor would be very, very OP though. I think just buffing the percentages (ie, 20% armor reduction rather than 10%) would make them a bit more worthwhile

No.

TL;DR? No.

Edit: No.

PS.: No.

Hey I'm just kidding, I think they'll be useful one day.

Totally agree. Armor reduction, Lower enemy shields, and Infection killer (guessing off of the name.) DE always has a decent plan. Let's see where this is going.

Totally agree. Armor reduction, Lower enemy shields, and Infection killer (guessing off of the name.) DE always has a decent plan. Let's see where this is going.

Actually, that one is a reduction to enemy speed, by 10% iirc. It was datamined just the other day, and the other two were correct, so I think they're right about the last one

First off they are not both rares, if you check your deck you will see that Shield Disruption is rare (I) and Corrosive Projection is uncommon (II).

Also, need to keep in mind that with the impending change from artifact to mods.  The ability to level these mods and potentially stack multiples for things like endless defense will most definitely have use since you already know the enemy you are fighting before entering a mission.

Keep in mind that DE said they would eventually be changing the artifact system so that they could rank up like mods. If corrosive is 5% (idk if that's true or not). Rank it up 3 times and it's 20%. Stack 4 of them and that's 80%. Which is a lot. 

In other words: Wait and see, these things could end up being extremely useful. 

First off they are not both rares, if you check your deck you will see that Shield Disruption is rare (I) and Corrosive Projection is uncommon (II).

Also, need to keep in mind that with the impending change from artifact to mods.  The ability to level these mods and potentially stack multiples for things like endless defense will most definitely have use since you already know the enemy you are fighting before entering a mission.

They said they would scrap a few artifacts into mods not ALL of them and why would they give these out as artifacts if they would scrap them in a few weeks ?

1. I know its beta, and our feedback shapes the game. But, I think it's important to do so respectfully instead of opening a post in such a toxic manner (also turns people off from reading your post/responding intelligently and frankly makes you seem petulant).

2. We know that new enemies with new abilities are upcoming, so this may be similar to FP's BP's in that its prepping us for the next update.

3. I have no problem with getting a rare drop this way versus hours of farming and you implied discontent with the brevity of time needed to achieve the rewards during a weekend event. As somebody who can't sit there and play this for 8 hours non stop I'm actually O.K. with this.

4. The weekend events are something I'd like to see more of, I don't mind not getting some epic OP reward because I don't really need any more of that. These events break up the same old, same old of running missions with a nice objective factored in.

5. Cosmetics - They did this during a beta weekend with the braton-vandal. Although their cosmetics generally have slightly different stats in one way or another. Anyways, I'm O.K. with this as cosmetics are always nice to have but you have to consider the issue of item slots for weapons which is a whole other kettle of fish I probably shouldn't have brought up.

I think everyone is looking at these based just on the numbers. As I have said already in other similar posts used properly with other artifacts these can be very powerful. You will need a good group of people (clan) to coordinate on it properly. Random joins are not going to be near as effective with these artifacts. 

1. I know its beta, and our feedback shapes the game. But, I think it's important to do so respectfully instead of opening a post in such a toxic manner (also turns people off from reading your post/responding intelligently and frankly makes you seem petulant).

2. We know that new enemies with new abilities are upcoming, so this may be similar to FP's BP's in that its prepping us for the next update.

3. I have no problem with getting a rare drop this way versus hours of farming and you implied discontent with the brevity of time needed to achieve the rewards during a weekend event. As somebody who can't sit there and play this for 8 hours non stop I'm actually O.K. with this.

4. The weekend events are something I'd like to see more of, I don't mind not getting some epic OP reward because I don't really need any more of that. These events break up the same old, same old of running missions with a nice objective factored in.

5. Cosmetics - They did this during a beta weekend with the braton-vandal. Although their cosmetics generally have slightly different stats in one way or another. Anyways, I'm O.K. with this as cosmetics are always nice to have but you have to consider the issue of item slots for weapons which is a whole other kettle of fish I probably shouldn't have brought up.

1. Toxic manner ? I did't use any rude language in this post and phrase "overrated pit ponies" is actually a little reference i used as a side joke.

If you don't know what something means don't automatically assume it's offensive, it's like everyone you hear talking in a language you don't know you automatically assume he is insulting you.

2. Frost Prime is actually a direct upgrade from regular frost and this is not the same thing. Getting a blueprint for something you can build later is not same as getting an artifact that's supposed to have a use as soon as you get it.

3. Weekend events are pointless if you can get the stuff that you get from these events afterwards. Saying that this is a nice thing that allows you to skip farming is completely bs, frost prime did require a lot of void farming to make use of the blueprint you got and as regards to the artifacts you get them the same way as you got these  from alert missions. You're point makes zero sense here.

4 The point of a cosmetic item in a F2P game is that it's not supposed to give you any advantages and be purely optional. The current stuff like alt weapon skins and warframe helmets are not cosmetic some of them clearly give have more benefits than negatives and rest are just side grade.

I think everyone is looking at these based just on the numbers. As I have said already in other similar posts used properly with other artifacts these can be very powerful. You will need a good group of people (clan) to coordinate on it properly. Random joins are not going to be near as effective with these artifacts. 

How to use them ?

Shooting stuff so it dies 0.3 seconds faster is not rocket science.

Energy Siphon, Rejuvenation, Enemy Radar are the most useful artifacts in game currently.

1. Toxic manner ? I did't use any rude language in this post and phrase "overrated pit ponies" is actually a little reference i used as a side joke.

If you don't know what something means don't automatically assume it's offensive, it's like everyone you hear talking in a language you don't know you automatically assume he is insulting you.

2. Frost Prime is actually a direct upgrade from regular frost and this is not the same thing. Getting a blueprint for something you can build later is not same as getting an artifact that's supposed to have a use as soon as you get it.

3. Weekend events are pointless if you can get the stuff that you get from these events afterwards. Saying that this is a nice thing that allows you to skip farming is completely bs, frost prime did require a lot of void farming to make use of the blueprint you got and as regards to the artifacts you get them the same way as you got these  from alert missions. You're point makes zero sense here.

4 The point of a cosmetic item in a F2P game is that it's not supposed to give you any advantages and be purely optional. The current stuff like alt weapon skins and warframe helmets are not cosmetic some of them clearly give have more benefits than negatives and rest are just side grade.

*sigh* riddled with attitude. No need for that.

1. It's not your title I was referring to as toxic but your opening statements which are laden with sarcasm and derision.

2. Not really different at all, people were mad about the BP because they felt they should be able to use it right away. It is only after the fact that the perception has changed.

3. Weekend events are pointless if you can get the stuff later? Sure....I guess if your only intention is trying to ratchet up the size of your epeen. As I said, they break up the monotony and present us with goals and guaranteed access to items we'd otherwise have to farm. Also, my point is still valid; if it takes you 2 hours to farm each piece but you got the BP from the weekend event you still saved 2 hours of time. Very sensible indeed.

4. Actually, many F2P games assign minor stat boosts to cosmetics. Even if they didn't, don't fall for the trap of precedence. Helmets are sweet, helmets that alter play style or boost your stats are even sweeter. Let us not forget, you can get all the cosmetics outside paint in game.

*sigh* riddled with attitude. No need for that.

1. It's not your title I was referring to as toxic but your opening statements which are laden with sarcasm and derision.

2. Not really different at all, people were mad about the BP because they felt they should be able to use it right away. It is only after the fact that the perception has changed.

3. Weekend events are pointless if you can get the stuff later? Sure....I guess if your only intention is trying to ratchet up the size of your epeen. As I said, they break up the monotony and present us with goals and guaranteed access to items we'd otherwise have to farm. Also, my point is still valid; if it takes you 2 hours to farm each piece but you got the BP from the weekend event you still saved 2 hours of time. Very sensible indeed.

4. Actually, many F2P games assign minor stat boosts to cosmetics. Even if they didn't, don't fall for the trap of precedence. Helmets are sweet, helmets that alter play style or boost your stats are even sweeter. Let us not forget, you can get all the cosmetics outside paint in game.

Critiquing stuff often evolves use of sarcasm and directly pointing out the problems without going around trying to sugar code every bit of negative information. Stop getting offended by everything on the internet. What's with people not being able to handle any f words in sentences lately ? of which there are none in my post i just did't put rainbows after each word.

This is a Beta and i'm providing feedback like it or not.

I'm not gonna respond to the rest of your post because i feel like you're the kind of person who speaks his mind regardless and does't listen. Take it as you will.

Edited by ZWarhammer

DE just seems to be afraid to deliver awesomely cool stuff lately. Like I predicted they nerfed these artifacts coming straight out the door.

Rifle amp will increase your damage against heavily armored baddies more than the armor reduction will, which is a shame. The only thing its good for it gets outshined because its just such a low amount. Id figure it would lower their armor by at least 10% to keep up with rifle amp, probably even 15%. But the numbers Im seeing posted on the wiki right now seem closer to 2%.

These are just going to be hyped up versions of the lightning rod and flame repellant mods it looks like. Really DE, dont be afraid to go out there with some better gear for us to use, were supposed to be testing it anyway right? If its too strong, we'll tell you, and then you can nerf it all ya like.

DE just seems to be afraid to deliver awesomely cool stuff lately. Like I predicted they nerfed these artifacts coming straight out the door.

Rifle amp will increase your damage against heavily armored baddies more than the armor reduction will, which is a shame. The only thing its good for it gets outshined because its just such a low amount. Id figure it would lower their armor by at least 10% to keep up with rifle amp, probably even 15%. But the numbers Im seeing posted on the wiki right now seem closer to 2%.

These are just going to be hyped up versions of the lightning rod and flame repellant mods it looks like. Really DE, dont be afraid to go out there with some better gear for us to use, were supposed to be testing it anyway right? If its too strong, we'll tell you, and then you can nerf it all ya like.

5% reduction.

4 Players using it results as you reach higher armor values (enemies of level 100+) in the range of 20% additional damage from ALL sources, as armor gets higher, it will approach 25% and remain.

At the "lowest" end its approx 15% damage increase, again from ALL sources affected by armor.  This simply means that this mod, is for people who want to use something other than armor penetration/armor ignore weapons AND do not want to be limited to use of their primary weapon like Rifle Amp "forces" to gain its effect.

An increase to 7.5% puts this mod on relatively equal ground for damage reduction from armor and the damage benefit from Rifle Amp.  However, again this is from all sources effected by armor, at this point, there is little to no reason to ever use rifle amp again.  There are a few guns, with armor ignore or penetration that would still benefit from rifle amp over armor reduction.

If the goal is to give options, they have done so, by giving returning 25% of your damage done from any source that is reduced by armor.  Making skills, sidearms, etc something that can be used in addition to a primary weapon.

There is still much to be said about true min/maxing of damage and weapon potential, but in terms of what this artifact offers, there it is.

The shield one, until I see something more, all I can tell is that it is very poorly implemented and its overall value is negligible.

The infested speed reduction is clearly a utility direction, I can't really say its terrible or great, since where it has use, its great, but many like myself will not find a necessity for it as we already know how to deal with infested, and would opt for something else.

Edited by Enot83

5% reduction.

An increase to 7.5% puts this mod on relatively equal ground for damage reduction from armor and the damage benefit from Rifle Amp.  However, again this is from all sources effected by armor, at this point, there is little to no reason to ever use rifle amp again.  There are a few guns, with armor ignore or penetration that would still benefit from rifle amp over armor reduction.

Uh, not sure if I agree on the numbers since I havent tested it myself but its simple really. Rifle amp only works on primary guns. Armor reduction only works on certain enemies. Even if it got buffed, it wouldnt mean rifle amp was made inferior. It would mean it works on only certain enemies, wheras rifle amp works on everyone, but not with sidearms.

Still, for a special once only rare artifact, I would figure it would be better than a common one like rifle amp regardless, not worse.

Edited by unmog

Uh, not sure if I agree on the numbers since I havent tested it myself but its simple really. Rifle amp only works on primary guns. Armor reduction only works on certain enemies. Even if it got buffed, it wouldnt mean rifle amp was made inferior. It would mean it works on only certain enemies, wheras rifle amp works on everyone, but not with sidearms.

Still, for a special once only rare artifact, I would figure it would be better than a common one like rifle amp regardless, not worse.

It is not a special once only artifact.

Stating that armor only works on certain enemies makes it sound like there are 3 enemies with armor in the game lol.

Be my guest to please find a source that has the values that are different than these:

Corrosive Projection: enemy armor reduced by 5%

Shield Disruption: enemy shields reduced by 3%

Infested Impedance: infested enemies' speed reduced by 10%

Again it is only definetively worse when compared to using your primary, while using rifle amp.  Since Corrosive Projection reduces armor, and increases damage from all sources of damage affected by armor, this improves various skill damage abilities, and sidearms.  So it gives some alternative in that regard.

I no way am I advocating that it is perfect and devoid of requiring balancing, I simply provided information pertaining to the damage and figures and what it would do, how small of a change brings the bonus damage done in line with rifle amp and how that would apply to the larger picture when considering its affects on damage dealt via numerous sources rather than a single source.

In that, to show explicitly what it is capable of and how it is an alternative from an existing artifact.  Bringing rarity as a comparison into the picture should then establish the difference between rifle amp and other existing "rare" artifacts and how it outperforms those.  Which is likely the case for why they are reworking how artifacts will be applied and used.

I also would like to point out that I even stated:

There is still much to be said about true min/maxing of damage and weapon potential, but in terms of what this artifact offers, there it is.

Which was seemingly ignored to focus on only part of what my post was intended to accomplish.

I should add, that being dissapointed with the artifact, or being happy with it are not the intent of this response to sway someone one way or another, but simply to provide relevant information so that when assessing its worth, its done with as much good information as possible.

Edit:

Some confusion around the armor reduction is likely due to how at lower armor values you see less effect due to how damage is calculated, where you see higher values as you fight enemies with higher armor values.

Edited by Enot83