Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fallout discussion thread

heskaroid

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. The lore is bountiful, and the RPG-like gameplay-- however streamlined in 4-- was a relatively new experience for me. Other than those reasons, well... the franchise has certainly inspired many fanfictions of mine-- and others-- that many enjoy reading. Hek, the fandom itself is a enjoyable, sometimes.

Just now, VivaNyanCat said:

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. The lore is bountiful, and the RPG-like gameplay-- however streamlined in 4-- was a relatively new experience for me. Other than those reasons, well... the franchise has certainly inspired many fanfictions of mine-- and others-- that many enjoy reading. Hek, the fandom itself is a enjoyable, sometimes.

Agreed, got any favorite factions? I'd talk about mine but my mental energy is low atm.

2 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

Agreed, got any favorite factions? I'd talk about mine but my mental energy is low atm.

Me? I'm personally a fan of the Brotherhood of Steel myself. Especially when something involves the Lone Wanderer interacting with them, or simply characters like Veronica popping up from any of the factions; the lore and backstories of them are oftentimes interesting.

5 minutes ago, Zdeadfallout said:

It is BOORING , not my kind of games

Silly Zdeadfallout~!

The name of the game is in your name!

4 minutes ago, VivaNyanCat said:

Me? I'm personally a fan of the Brotherhood of Steel myself. Especially when something involves the Lone Wanderer interacting with them, or simply characters like Veronica popping up from any of the factions; the lore and backstories of them are oftentimes interesting.

Silly Zdeadfallout~!

The name of the game is in your name!

I liked it TBH and it gave me inspiration for my name lol 

but I lost interest in it sadly :/ (TBH I like games Like Serious Sam alot) 

Fallout 1 and 2 are classics.

Fallout 3 is trash

Fallout New Vegas is a good game that retains some big flaws of 3.

Fallout 4 is decent.

I honestly just wish Bethesda stops developing it and gives it off to some other dev and they just publish it. 

Just now, TheErebus. said:

Fallout 1 and 2 are classics.

Fallout 3 is trash

Fallout New Vegas is a good game that retains some big flaws of 3.

Fallout 4 is decent.

I honestly just wish Bethesda stops developing it and gives it off to some other dev and they just publish it. 

Fallout 3 and 4 missed the details of 2.

There were so many unpredictable moments back there and even good humor too, but I consider 3 and 4 the black sheeps of the game.

Fallout New Vegas is a light shining in the darkness, it retained every single features back in Fallout 2.

Fallout 1 & 2 were great fun, F:NV was very good and real step in the right direction after 3 (unsurprising, given who developed it), then 4 went and threw it all out of the window and replaced it with vapid turds and fan-collecting.

Just now, SaurusRex said:

Fallout 1 & 2 were great fun, F:NV was very good and real step in the right direction after 3 (unsurprising, given who developed it), then 4 went and threw it all out of the window and replaced it with vapid turds and fan-collecting.

Simply put, Fallout 4 is basically a heavily modded FO3.

Just now, SaurusRex said:

If by "heavily modded", you mean "altered in basically every way", sure, I guess? I think I'd actually prefer to play through 3 again over 4.

Fallout 3 feels dull to play to be honest.

I don't know why but I happen to feel sick whenever I play it.

I'll always remember getting to the end of pre broken steel Fo3, and both my rad-immune supermutant and ghoul companions telling me to go !@#$ myself and climb in the reactor because "reasons". I'll never forgive them...

Thoroughly enjoyed new vegas though, and I at least enjoy modding 4. 

18 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

Fallout 3 is trash

Fallout 4 is decent

I found 3 and NV to be a lot better than 4. FO4 is to the Fallout series as Skyrim is to the Elder Scrolls series; as much I hate to throw buzzwords around, FO4 and Skyrim feel incredibly casualized compared to previous games in their series. I am not saying that Skyrim and FO4 are bad, though. I simply enjoyed them less than other games due to the removal of gameplay features like weapon durability, individual skills, etc.

Nothing beats FO1, of course.

Got the mood to talk about factions!
NCR

The NCR is a complicated faction. Typically in a post apocalyptic game it's hard to distinguish whether a group or someone is truthfully good or not, and the NCR is of my main concern.

Their goal is simple, to expand further until they somehow control the entire America. Main goal at least.

They had a long complicated history of constant corruptions and other bad things, rangers aren't effective at protecting caravans (Mojave anyways), absurd justice system (crime is typically punishable by death), imperialistic sentiments, conscription, ect.

But they also constantly show positive things, including protecting settlements, civilizing regions, providing food and shelter as long as you are a part of them.

In my conclusion the NCR has good intentions while struggling with internal corruptions and other affairs.

5 hours ago, Nitresco said:

I found 3 and NV to be a lot better than 4. FO4 is to the Fallout series as Skyrim is to the Elder Scrolls series; as much I hate to throw buzzwords around, FO4 and Skyrim feel incredibly casualized compared to previous games in their series. I am not saying that Skyrim and FO4 are bad, though. I simply enjoyed them less than other games due to the removal of gameplay features like weapon durability, individual skills, etc.

Nothing beats FO1, of course.

The biggest issue in 3 is the gameplay. The gunplay is absolutely dreadful. 

2 hours ago, TheErebus. said:

The biggest issue in 3 is the gameplay. The gunplay is absolutely dreadful. 

That is true, but between mods fixing the clunkiness of it and my fascination with only using melee weapons in almost every playthrough, I never minded it much.

32 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

There are mods that fix the gunplay?

I remember using an overhaul that changed animations, reload times, fire rates, how accuracy worked, etc. It also gave you a working crosshair that better indicated accuracy for each weapon. Made everything feel a lot more responsive. This was a long time ago, though, and I don't remember exactly what it was called. "_____'s Gunplay Overhaul" or something similar.