Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Under Powered Melee Weapons

Darkstar2610

My opinion is that almost all the melee weapons are under powered. especially the heavy weapons i mean the top base damage is only 50. In my opinion it should be at least 2x as much. I mean it's a melee wepon you're up close and personal and hitting with all your power it should be alot more damaging 

This is my opinion 

What do you think. Is it to low?, or is it just the way you want it to be?. Please post your opinion 

Edited by Darkstar2610

My opinion is that almost all the melee weapons are under powered. especially the heavy weapons i mean the top base damage is only 50. In my opinion it should be at least 2x as much. I mean it's a melee wepon you're up close and personal and hitting with all your power it should be alot more damaging 

This is my opinion 

What do you think. Is it to low?, or is it just the way you want it to be?. Please post your opinion 

It's not the weapons, It's "Tap" builds in general.

Killing Blow > Pressure Point.

I tear things apart with the orthos... Heavy weapons are insane.

Max reflex coil/killing blow/reach and you just cleave groups of things in half.

We are talking bout basic attack damage here, of course you tear things apart with charge damage, we all know that.

Max reflex coil/killing blow/reach and you just cleave groups of things in half.

I don't mean the charge dmg i mean the base dmg but i also think the charge dmg is to low once you get to fight lvl 60 or higer enemies the melee weapons just get inefficient

I see, for most weapons, the normal melee attacks are more for filler and utility than actual damage.  Charging takes more skill to use properly than just flailing wildly, so I think it SHOULD be rewarded with greater effectiveness in most cases.  Slide attacks with some weapons are incredibly powerful as well.

There ARE weapons whose normal attacks are incredibly effective though...the Fragor, Orthos, and Fang come to mind.  Orthose with Fury and Pressure Point absolutely SHREDS Infested, and Fang hits so stupid fast that you'll just stunlock everything to death, even if they're NOT resistant to the damage...and Grineer just get demolished.

I see, for most weapons, the normal melee attacks are more for filler and utility than actual damage.  Charging takes more skill to use properly than just flailing wildly, so I think it SHOULD be rewarded with greater effectiveness in most cases.  Slide attacks with some weapons are incredibly powerful as well.

There ARE weapons whose normal attacks are incredibly effective though...the Fragor, Orthos, and Fang come to mind.  Orthose with Fury and Pressure Point absolutely SHREDS Infested, and Fang hits so stupid fast that you'll just stunlock everything to death, even if they're NOT resistant to the damage...and Grineer just get demolished.

Orthos is my absolutte fav but when i fight a high lvl enemy it just feals useless so does it's charge attack  

and i also think that pressure point is under powered, max upgraded it only gives 42% extra dmg!

Edited by Darkstar2610

Melee will always be underpowered just by the fact your bringing a knife to a fully automatic firing gun fight, it just doesn't work well.

Their motto is ''Ninjas play free'' and ninja's don't use guns (I don't have anything against guns by the way) so i think that the melee weapons should have a lagre role in the game 

thats the best charge heavy in the game it hits all the way around has a huge range and the best dps

we are talking about the other ones that are geting more and more outdated