Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing=Superman 64?

MokutoBunshi

Maybe this is why people don't like archwing, because it reminds players too much of this:

The sad part is I couldn't figure it out till I saw the vid and remembered the feeling!

P.S. This is not a hate/flame/rage thread I honestly think this is why we don't like this game mode (among other things). It seems to be the feel (rings = tunnels) and the controls that feel bad instead of a high action...anything.

PP.S. I do play and enjoy (both old and new) this game mode personally (if that helps) I just want your opinions on the game mode.

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi

6 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

it is just your personal peference rather than an post that let discussion to be open up?
Seriously, I like the current playstyle because it is much easier to focus than before.

I do too, but it does remind me of this older game :)

I never said either was bad I said this maybe why people don't like it (I play archwing and do find it kinda fun)

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi

Just now, MokutoBunshi said:

I do too, but it does remind me of this older game :)

I never said either was bad I said this may be why people don't like it (I play archwing and do find it kinda fun)

]\'[

It is fine that you post your own opinion but don't push your own opinion as a representation of group.

Just now, Nijyumensou said:

It is fine that you post your own opinion but don't push your own opinion as a representation of group.

I'm not man I said maybe, I put this here cause I wanted to know what people thought I cant even represent considering I like this mode.

For example:

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

as someone who played superman 64, nah. Not even close to similar.

opinions like these are more than welcome :)

]\'[

Just now, JSharpie said:

It's not really an opinion. The mechanical similarities just aren't there. 

I haven't played the old game, I just see the camera and flight movements (minus rotation) as very similar, which is why I brought it up.

]\'[

15 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

Maybe this is why we don't like archwing, because it reminds us too much of this:

The SAD PART is I couldn't figure it out till I saw the vid and remembered the feeling!

P.S. This is not a hate/flame/rage thread I honestly think this is why we don't like this game mode (among other things). It seems to be the feel (rings = tunnels) and the controls that feel bad instead of a high action...anything.

]\'[

3 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

I'm not man I said maybe, I put this here cause I wanted to know what people thought I cant even represent considering I like this mode.

]\'[

why use the term WE? and not just I or name of the individual when you are typing your content? (hiding behind maybe is very bad excuse)

Edited by Nijyumensou

19 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

as someone who played superman 64, nah. Not even close to similar.

can't say i could say the same but my friend did own that game and it was hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorible :[

Honest curiosity, no bad intentions in this question: did you choose that game as a comparison only because it appears on many "worst games in history" lists on youtube?

Personally, I'd love to see archwing become something more like Rogue Squadron.  

As someone who have owns the game and played it back in the day, there are some similarities, but AW is nowhere as bad as Superman 64 is... That game is incredibly clunky. It feels so "heavy" and unresponsive.

2 hours ago, Antiphoton said:

Honest curiosity, no bad intentions in this question: did you choose that game as a comparison only because it appears on many "worst games in history" lists on youtube?

Personally, I'd love to see archwing become something more like Rogue Squadron.  

Nah I chose it because I had a PS2 with a super man game where the flight (and melee stick to targets) was a lot like archwing. And I was watching this vid and the flight seemed almost exact.

Edit: the visual feeling I mean.

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi