Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how do you close a void fissure

tralof

Question

I have collected a few relics from spy missions. I have read a lot of stuff about relics and closing void fissures and everyone says collect 10 reactant and close the fissure. Even the videos that say they are going to tell you how to close a void fissure tell you everything but how to close a void fissure. Message cones up there as a 9-11 level fissure on earth. I know they will be harder then normal 9-11 level missions, but I figure I can handle it. I land on a round landing pad with exits to left and right. The yellow marker says the mission is to the right, so I go left first. I saw 2 grineer at the end of the tunnel and I shot them with my MK1-paris. There was a flash and a number of yellowish white guys appear and I get the message I am near a void fissure. I kept shooting them and they kept coming for a minute then they just stopped. I collected 4 reactant from the tunnel and waited about 5 minutes and no more corrupted came. I knew I there was a time limit and if I did not get 10 within that limit the mission failed and I did not know what to do. I wated 5 minutes and when no more showed up I said the heck with it I will complete the mission and if I fail, I fail. I got back to the landing pad and I hear a explosion to the right and he corpus and grineer voices. I fun up there and kill a bunch of corrupted and get 10 relics. Lotus says my relic has cracked. It is my understanding that closing the void cracks the relic, so I ran back to the landing pad and got the terminal to complete the mission. A little further down the tunnel from where I killed the last corrupted I run into 2 corrupted heavy gunners and a guy with a grenade launcher. I killed them and then a yellow globe appeared with corrupted in it. I ran through the globe, but got no message on what to do. I was killed and the mission failed.

4 answers to this question

You don't really "close" fissures anymore, that was when the update was first released.
Now many fissures open across the map and they turn the surrounding enemies into corrupted ones (yellow enemies) these enemies drop the reactant (yellow orbs) and after you get 10 you can just go to extraction and you'll get your reward.

You've got your mission's main objective (whatever the mission type would normally be), meanwhile fissures open up randomly while completing that main objective, reactant drops from enemies corrupted by the fissures, once you get 10/10 reactant you can complete the mission as normal, fissures will keep appearing and enemies will keep spawning from them but you no longer need to worry about getting reactant.

And the yellow globe was from a corrupted nullifier.

Edited by rapt0rman