Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with pavlov spy puzzles

Dion_Starfire

Question

I'm stuck on the Pavlov spy mission. This is the room where your first possible action is to shoot a button on a floating square which then moves partway towards an archway with alarm beams moving up and down. Just pas that room is a large column with buttons partwayup it that do nothign when you shoot or touch them. Here's a screenshot of that room (common to this puzzle, not seen it anywhere else)

OJksXSf.jpg

there are a few rooms that seem connected, but access is blocked by fields of static, and I can't find anything else to interact with, even using my codex scanner. My best guess is that I need tyo find another time rift to move forward after those barriers have fallen, but I can't find a second rift, and the one I came through seems to be one-way only.

What am I missing?

10 answers to this question

There's a wall that's glowing after you shoot the button which you have to wall latch, All the button does is stop the lasers from rotating. You shoot the button, wall latch to the glowing wall, shoot the button, and then proceed to wall latch to the other wall the lights up until the door opens. Avoiding the laser and not touching the ground.

Edited by KJRenz

Thank you, that appears to be the trick.  But, HOLY SH*T, is completing that sequence a pain Keeps deciding to send me jump-gliding away from the platform (in the wrong direction, of course). It's actually worse than an archwing extermination mission (at least with those, you can just go slow and/or use melee).

Don't bother doing that one in the past where you have to shoot the things and jump from wall to wall.  That's way harder than the "other" way.

When you first enter the vault you go through a rift to the past so that you can open the door to the left.  As soon as you open that door take the same rift back to the present.  Now the path just takes some simple jumping and shooting a few sentries.  It is hard to find but there is a small opening at the far end that will drop you right into the console hack room with a rift to take you back to the past again.  Ivara's zip line arrow is pretty handy in this vault.

The general rule in these is if you get stuck or the path looks overly difficult then take a rift.  You can shoot the rifts to activate them if they seem inactive because you just used it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Don't bother doing that one in the past where you have to shoot the things and jump from wall to wall.  That's way harder than the "other" way.

When you first enter the vault you go through a rift to the past so that you can open the door to the left.  As soon as you open that door take the same rift back to the present.  Now the path just takes some simple jumping and shooting a few sentries.  It is hard to find but there is a small opening at the far end that will drop you right into the console hack room with a rift to take you back to the past again.  Ivara's zip line arrow is pretty handy in this vault.

The general rule in these is if you get stuck or the path looks overly difficult then take a rift.  You can shoot the rifts to activate them if they seem inactive because you just used it.

This was what I was meaning. Thanks for the explanation.

16 hours ago, Dion_Starfire said:

OJksXSf.jpg

The easy way to do this one is to wait until the laser wall passes the first plate after the glowing one, shoot the button, then start doing the sequence. So long as you go reasonably fast, you'll hit the final plate long before the laser wall can come around to hit you from behind.

The only real challenge is the speed of it all. A banished Limbo makes for a good way to practice.

On 8/2/2016 at 8:04 AM, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Tried this mission again, but with your advice and it is SO much easier. Turns a couple hours of "No, damnit, stop trying to glide and just grab the freaking wall" to a series of fun puzzles and a bit of exploration