Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Settings won't save after closing the game

Etoribio

Question

When I exit the game, my settings resets themselves to the default one.

This does not occur everytime I close the game, but it can happen after closing it, and it happens when I restart my computer or just turn it off.

I tried to check cache, to delete the warframe folder in %appdata%, to reinstall the game...

5 answers to this question

Same thing happens to me but only when I change my name. Literally every setting resets after a name change, for me at least. Are you selecting the option to save settings instead of just setting them and exiting the options menu? That's really all I can think of at the moment, sorry couldn't be much help.

I have the same issue. It's not all of my settings though. My aim sensitivities, every HUD option, every audio option, chat options are all reset to default. But some things like my controller bindings are not reset. Some non-menu settings are reset as well, like my default way of organizing mods. It's not any of my graphics settings.

I used to have a similar problem, everytime I opened up Warframe my chat profanity filter would turn on, no matter how many times I turned it off. I gave up on it then a few months later I tried again and it worked just fine. Sorry my answer isn't super helpful, but it might just take some time.